Sorry guys, had to do it - ANOTHER trade proposal

Trade number 1:

Sign and trade Darius to balance out the salaries:

Sacramento trades:
PF Darius Songaila
(7.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 20.5 minutes)

Sacramento receives:
PF Nene Hilario (9.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook:
+2.1 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Denver trades:

PF Nene Hilario
(9.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.8 minutes)

Denver receives:

PF Darius Songaila

TRADE ACCEPTED

Since the only percieved weakness on Detroit is a backup PG/SG I figured this maybe could happen Figuring nobody is going to bench the Wallace boys in the near future. Darko's place will be last in line as long as those guys are on the Pistons.

Sacramento trades:

PG Bobby Jackson
(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
SG Kevin Martin
(2.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.8 minutes)

Sacramento receives:

C Darko Milicic
(1.2 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 5.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook:
-13.5 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

Detroit trades:

C Darko Milicic
Detroit receives:

PG Bobby Jackson
SG Kevin Martin

Change in team outlook:
+13.5 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Sacramento line-up:

C-Brad Miller
PF-Darko Milicic
SF-Peja Stojakovic
SG-Dejean Bodiroga
PG-Mike Bibby

We are the Serbia-Montenegro Kings!!!

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
I have got an Idea.

We need to trade for Finley.

No, it will not help us but at least we will have somebody "on hand" to blame;)

Why would Denver do this. Nene's upside is WAY WAY bigger than Darius'

SacTownKid said:
Sign and trade Darius to balance out the salaries:

Sacramento trades:
PF Darius Songaila

Sacramento receives:
PF Nene Hilario (9.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Denver trades:

PF Nene Hilario
(9.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.8 minutes)

Denver receives:

PF Darius Songaila

TRADE ACCEPTED

Why would they do this. Darko's upside is WAY WAY more than Martin, and BObby has no more value than Tag at this point. He's merely an expiring contract.

SacTownKid said:
Since the only percieved weakness on Detroit is a backup PG/SG I figured this maybe could happen Figuring nobody is going to bench the Wallace boys in the near future. Darko's place will be last in line as long as those guys are on the Pistons.

Sacramento trades:

PG Bobby Jackson
SG Kevin Martin

Sacramento receives:

C Darko Milicic

Change in team outlook: -13.5 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

Detroit trades:

C Darko Milicic
Detroit receives:

PG Bobby Jackson
SG Kevin Martin

Change in team outlook: +13.5 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Sacramento line-up:

C-Brad Miller
PF-Darko Milicic
SF-Peja Stojakovic
SG-Dejean Bodiroga
PG-Mike Bibby

We are the Serbia-Montenegro Kings!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
mr. moustache said:
Why would they do this. Darko's upside is WAY WAY more than Martin, and BObby has no more value than Tag at this point. He's merely an expiring contract.
Not agreed here -- Bobby is exactly the sort of guy a championship level team would love to have to get one or two more under their belt, and his mentality would be a great fit in Detroit. But it would also obviously mean they were giving up on Darko as future superstar, and so it would come down to simple battle of our GM's acumen vs. theirs, and Dumars is no slouch either.

C-Brad Miller
PF-Darko Milicic
SF-Peja Stojakovic
SG-Dejean Bodiroga
PG-Mike Bibby

bahahhahah dejan bodiroga as our starting 2 guard? PLEASE stop with the foreign love affair already. the guy is slower than mike bibby and would get torched any almost any shooting guard in the league.

well i'll play along then... how about we do this line up

C-Sabonis
PF-Darko
SF-Peja
SG-Dejan
PG-Mike Bibby

i think bibby would have to take some classes and learn the serbian language to play with these guys.

That Darko trade is HORRIBLE. He, Skita, and Kwame are the three biggest busts of the last 10 years, Darko being the biggest. Keep in mind Darko was drafted immediately in front of Carmello, Bosh, and Wade. At least Kwame and Skita will be serviceable pros. They're kind of the Tony Mandarich to Darko's Ryan Leaf. One was a total flameout while the others just didn't live up to all the hype.

KMart23 said:
C-Brad Miller
PF-Darko Milicic
SF-Peja Stojakovic
SG-Dejean Bodiroga
PG-Mike Bibby

bahahhahah dejan bodiroga as our starting 2 guard? PLEASE stop with the foreign love affair already. the guy is slower than mike bibby and would get torched any almost any shooting guard in the league.

well i'll play along then... how about we do this line up

C-Sabonis
PF-Darko
SF-Peja
SG-Dejan
PG-Mike Bibby

i think bibby would have to take some classes and learn the serbian language to play with these guys.
Wow. Mike would get to be second best defender on that team.

How about this line up:
Bibby
Artest
Pedja
Chandler
Miller

Almost totally impossible to pull off (Bulls will not give up Chandler and we have very little to offer for Artest other then Pedja). With Artest and Chandler we would have two of the best defenders in their positions and more hustle then you can shake stick at. And all the offensive prowess of Mike, Pedja and Brad.

We would be unstoppable.

A

AriesMar27

i still like my thomas/corliss for boozer trade.... mobley for hedo or artest would also be nice.....

Bricklayer

AriesMar27 said:
i still like my thomas/corliss for boozer trade.... mobley for hedo or artest would also be nice.....
Boozer is a bit undersized himself, also cannot block a shot, and leaves us roughly as weak at stopping penetration as the current crew. Better, but not enough. Brad is really a problematic guy to have at center defensively. If he's there you just have to find somebody who can shut down penetration to pair him with or you're simply going to be too soft inside to be a serious contender. Serious contenders have Shaq, or Wallace and Wallace or Duncan and Rasho or Amare and Marion or SOMEBODY inside who can keep the other team from kicking your *** in there. Brad and Kenny does not cut it. Nor Brad and Darius. Nor Brad and Boozer. If you've got Brad you need a shotblocker or a serious thug, or preferably both. :)

^^Orlando does not want Mobley back...why do you think they traded him to begin with...they didn't want to pay him the money and they were thinking of starting Jameer Nelson and they knew that Mobley wasn't gonna go with for it...plus they just plain didn't want him...

A

AriesMar27

i was trying to think of a 3 team trade that would get hedo and not send mobley to orlando... couldnt think of anything.... maybe maggette... but if thats the case then we could just keep corey and not get hedo.... so i was stuck....

mr. moustache said:
Why would Denver do this. Nene's upside is WAY WAY bigger than Darius'
Could probably throw a pick in their direction as well, but how long do you honestly think Nene is going to be in Denver? He will be gone in the offseason, I happen to think Darius for him is a fair deal. Nene is going to be a bench guy as long as Kmart and Camby are in front of him, he will want out.

Bricklayer said:
Boozer is a bit undersized himself, also cannot block a shot, and leaves us roughly as weak at stopping penetration as the current crew. Better, but not enough. Brad is really a problematic guy to have at center defensively. If he's there you just have to find somebody who can shut down penetration to pair him with or you're simply going to be too soft inside to be a serious contender. Serious contenders have Shaq, or Wallace and Wallace or Duncan and Rasho or Amare and Marion or SOMEBODY inside who can keep the other team from kicking your *** in there. Brad and Kenny does not cut it. Nor Brad and Darius. Nor Brad and Boozer. If you've got Brad you need a shotblocker or a serious thug, or preferably both. :)
You haven't even really seen Brad and Kenny together yet!! While defensively I agree that I wouldn't expect too much from them, offensively these guys could destroy. The biggest blow to our team has been not having a guy that can score at the C position, in fact its KILLED US!! Offense is the only upside (and a nice upside :)), unless the team learns to play great team D.

iheartBrad said:
^^Orlando does not want Mobley back...why do you think they traded him to begin with...they didn't want to pay him the money and they were thinking of starting Jameer Nelson and they knew that Mobley wasn't gonna go with for it...plus they just plain didn't want him...
Well, they sure as heck don't want Doug Christie anymore.

A

AriesMar27

i got it..... minus artest.....

Orlando trades: SF Stacey Augmon (3.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.1 minutes)
SF Hedo Turkoglu (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Orlando receives: SF Corliss Williamson (10.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.3 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Utah trades: PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Utah receives: SF Stacey Augmon (3.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.1 minutes)
SG Cuttino Mobley (17.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.8 apg in 36.3 minutes)
PF Kenny Thomas (12.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 29.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.2 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

Sacramento trades: SF Corliss Williamson (10.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Hedo Turkoglu (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.1 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Orlando and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

hedo and boozer..... sweet.....

L

LasVegasKings

First order of business

First we have to unload mobley. That man is a ball hog and our team assist number has dropped since he has joined the team. He has a good game every 5th game or so. He is a 2 guard but he should not be trying to create his own shots. I think we need to get Wally S. from Minnesota..he wants out. Williamson also needs to go...he looks LOST. I remember the good ol days when could move effortlessly but this is 10 years later. Oh yeah..if we can trade Ostertag for a sock full of nickels that would go down as the trade of the century and the maloofs could laugh all the way to the bank.

explain to me why we want hedo back? theres a reason why petrie traded him away. if petrie really wanted him he could've signed him to a contract last summer -- EASILY if he wanted him back. hedon't got what..? the mid level exception i believe. i'm sure he woulda settled for a little less if the kings tendered him an offer. hedo would still be in sac if kept his scrappiness he had during his rookie year. that would have earned himself a spot on the roster.
i agree with the ones that say mobley has to go. he does, he doesn't fit the mold of this team. too much of a selfish player. larry hughes is going to be a FA this summer maybe petrie can pull something off. hughes is thriving in princeton system over in washington. imagine what he could do for us here. other notable FA's, michael redd, ray allen..

Bricklayer

SacTownKid said:
You haven't even really seen Brad and Kenny together yet!! While defensively I agree that I wouldn't expect too much from them, offensively these guys could destroy. The biggest blow to our team has been not having a guy that can score at the C position, in fact its KILLED US!! Offense is the only upside (and a nice upside :)), unless the team learns to play great team D.
"The biggest blow to our team has been not having a guy that can score at the C position"? You've got to be kidding me. Sometimes I feel like I've wandered onto a Mavs fanboard with all of the "we just need more offense" bunk. That's ridiculous. We're second in the league in scoring. Offense is NOT the problem. Hasn't been all season. Or really any season for us since we got good.

The problem is that teams that are weak on the boards, weak on defense, lack post games, lack elite players, do not win titles. As in basically EVER. I don't need to see Brad and Kenny together to have a very good idea of what that is going to look like defensively, any more than I need to see Bibby and Michael Redd together in the backcourt to know what that will look like defensively. It looks like a dunk contest for the other team.

Bricklayer said:
"The biggest blow to our team has been not having a guy that can score at the C position"? You've got to be kidding me. Sometimes I feel like I've wandered onto a Mavs fanboard with all of the "we just need more offense" bunk. That's ridiculous. We're second in the league in scoring. Offense is NOT the problem. Hasn't been all season. Or really any season for us since we got good.

The problem is that teams that are weak on the boards, weak on defense, lack post games, lack elite players, do not win titles. As in basically EVER. I don't need to see Brad and Kenny together to have a very good idea of what that is going to look like defensively, any more than I need to see Bibby and Michael Redd together in the backcourt to know what that will look like defensively. It looks like a dunk contest for the other team.
This man speaks the truth. A center who can score isn't a bad thing, but Brad's offensive game isn't any different from what we already have. His scoring will take away from Kenny's. It's his passing game that'll help us.

I don't see the fascinantion with Wally. Where would he play? He'd be scraping for minutes behind Peja. It's a redundance of talent. Unless people think we should give up Peja for Wally... I know Peja has been dissapointing this year, but his stock hasn't fallen that far.

LasVegasKings said:
First we have to unload mobley. That man is a ball hog and our team assist number has dropped since he has joined the team. He has a good game every 5th game or so. He is a 2 guard but he should not be trying to create his own shots. I think we need to get Wally S. from Minnesota..he wants out. Williamson also needs to go...he looks LOST. I remember the good ol days when could move effortlessly but this is 10 years later. Oh yeah..if we can trade Ostertag for a sock full of nickels that would go down as the trade of the century and the maloofs could laugh all the way to the bank.
Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the game of basketball...and thats all I'm going to say

I totally agree with ya, iheartBrad! ;)

We're still the #1 team in assists. Cuttino is a playmaker/scorer so it shouldn't be surprising he creates his own shots. If Corliss is so lost, why do Adelman play him?? I think I'm one of the few fans here who thinks Corliss is doing well in the Kings.

AriesMar27 said:
i got it..... minus artest.....

Orlando trades: SF Stacey Augmon (3.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.1 minutes)
SF Hedo Turkoglu (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Orlando receives: SF Corliss Williamson (10.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.3 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Utah trades: PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Utah receives: SF Stacey Augmon (3.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.2 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

Sacramento trades: SF Corliss Williamson (10.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Hedo Turkoglu (14.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 26.1 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Orlando and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

hedo and boozer..... sweet.....
I don't see the point of getting Hedo. Hedo needs more than 10+ mins to have a good game. He won't ever be a starter if he's in the Kings unless Pedja leaves. Pedja will always play 35+ mins as a King. So I don't see Hedo coming back.

And we don't even know for sure if Cuttino is going to stay with the Kings.

If you're going to make a trade, go for broke ;)

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia 20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes
Brian Skinner
6-9 PF from Baylor 4.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 19.4 minutes

Incoming
Ben Wallace
6-9 C from Virginia Union 9.7 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 36.3 minutes
LeBron James 6-8 SF from St. Vincent - St. Mary HS 27.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 7.1 apg in 42.3 minutes

Change in team outlook: +12.0 ppg, +9.4 rpg, and +5.8 apg.

Detroit Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Ben Wallace 6-9 C from Virginia Union 9.7 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 36.3 minutes

Incoming
Peja Stojakovic 6-10 SF from Yugoslavia 20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: +10.4 ppg, -7.9 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
LeBron James 6-8 SF from St. Vincent - St. Mary HS 27.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 7.1 apg in 42.3 minutes

Incoming
Brian Skinner 6-9 PF from Baylor 4.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 19.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: -22.4 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -6.2 apg.

Successful Scenario