Sorry guys, had to do it - ANOTHER trade proposal

so yeah its hard for me to admit too that the kings will not win this year imo. i was bored and i decided to go to realgm.com and come up with a trade scenario that got me kinda exceited. if youre one of those people that dont want to hear trade talk at this point in the year, whatever. suppourt our team, yeah im still doing that too, but im just throwing this out there

Sacramento trades:
PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
SF Corliss Williamson (10.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.0 minutes)
SF Peja Stojakovic (20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes)

Sacramento receives:
SG Fred Jones (10.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.6 apg in 29.5 minutes)
PF Jermaine O'Neal (24.6 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.0 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -6.9 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Indiana trades:
SG Fred Jones (10.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.6 apg in 29.5 minutes)
PF Jermaine O'Neal (24.6 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.0 minutes)

Indiana receives:
PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
SF Corliss Williamson (10.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.0 minutes)
SF Peja Stojakovic (20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +6.9 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

bird would get peja, and a legit point guard along with a backup for peja. possibly move artest to the 2. we could start jermaine at powere forward and move thomas to small forward. i would really like this deal

It's a good trade , I just don't think Indiana would do it. Maybe if Peja went off in the playoffs... but I highly doubt it. Still Brad, Bibby, and Jermaine Oneal? Good core.

ReinadelosReys said:
Hey I'm up for trades, but out of respect to the players, don't you think we owe it to them to wait for the end of their season?
but seriously, as much as i love the players and the team, were done. im not all for that respect the players thing, the end of the season is wednesday. its not that far away. if the players see these trade posts, what are they going to do? cry? im just saying an idea that i like. plus for why indiana would do it. an all star for an all star. they keep their defense with artest and jackson, and get a whole lotta offense with peja and bobby

Pejas gonna stay with team a little longer. I dont see him leaving next year after all the changes we've made this year, if we were destined to trade him, we would have already traded him this season.

jon e said:
but seriously, as much as i love the players and the team, were done. im not all for that respect the players thing, the end of the season is wednesday. its not that far away. if the players see these trade posts, what are they going to do? cry? im just saying an idea that i like. plus for why indiana would do it. an all star for an all star. they keep their defense with artest and jackson, and get a whole lotta offense with peja and bobby
That gives them no inside presence at all. Why would they trade thier only post player?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
jon e - We have the entire off-season for this kind of stuff. Trade talks right now are just really premature.

Technically you didn't HAVE to do it...unless say somebody was holding a gun to your head...you simply WANTED to do it ;)

As for the trade, I have a hard time humoring people on trades that will never happen...Indy has built around Jermaine O'Neal...they aren't gonna ship there best player and their only real consistent inside threat away for a shooter in Peja...nice thought but nope

Its nice offseason chatter...but I'm not interested and hashing trade ideas out until after the POs

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well, it DOES solve our problems, but this is one of those sorts of things where there is absolutely zero% chance the other team would ever trade the guy, so its just pissing in the wind. :)

agreed. I think we will keep bibby, miller, and peja. Of course I never thought we would trade Chrisite. I'll just leave it all to Petrie, try not to cry if one of my favs is traded, and start the next season saying we are going to win it all. Until then, I'll support the players we have, cheer each game like it is the last, and hope for a miracle!!

VF21 said:
jon e - We have the entire off-season for this kind of stuff. Trade talks right now are just really premature.
i posted in the begining that i dont really care if you want to hear this stuff now. you have the choice not to read this post and i have the choice to post my thoughts. id be happy for this trade to go down. is there something wrong with me saying that? if the kings win the championship this year, id be the most happiest person in the world. id run down j street naked painted purple, but thats not gonna happen. so i think i should be able to throw out my opinions here now that i think its pretty much over. whats 2 weeks or one month anyway. time is gonna keep on rollin.

Bricklayer said:
Well, it DOES solve our problems, but this is one of those sorts of things where there is absolutely zero% chance the other team would ever trade the guy, so its just pissing in the wind. :)
my sentiments exactly...I actually like the trade but Indy would slap our face if we suggested sucha thing...lol

Bricklayer

There are just a few people that just shouldn't be involved in rumors because they just aren't available:

Shaq
J. O'Neal
Duncan
B. Wallace
Dirk
Amare

probably Yao, Nash, TMac and Kobe as well.

Bricklayer said:
There are just a few people that just shouldn't be involved in rumors because they just aren't available:

Shaq
J. O'Neal
Duncan
B. Wallace
Dirk
Amare

probably Yao, Nash, TMac and Kobe as well.
I noticed Kevin Garnett wasn't on that list ;)

Bricklayer

PixelPusher said:
I noticed Kevin Garnett wasn't on that list ;)
I can construct a fantasy scenario where he is actually available. :)

That's why it has to be looked into -- so rare that guys at that level are ever available, if the Wolves struggles have him out there it demands at least taking a look.

we probably should just go after Brand and Harpring, that ll shear up some of are defensive and post play woes. And then of course someone needs to tell Tag to work out or something.

BigSong said:
we probably should just go after Brand and Harpring, that ll shear up some of are defensive and post play woes. And then of course someone needs to tell Tag to work out or something.
brand would be awesome too

I've had many unproductive afternoons that can be blamed on my constant daydreaming about this very scenario (Garnett also). The past couple of days I've been hoping his recent controversies would get so out of hand that Bird would be forced to trade him. :D

Unfortunately Jermaine is very much untouchable and it’ll stay that way for the foreseeable future.

There are other players who aren't as prolific, but might not be quite as untouchable. A guy like Chris Bosh, maybe.

Packt said:
I've had many unproductive afternoons that can be blamed on my constant daydreaming about this very scenario (Garnett also). The past couple of days I've been hoping his recent controversies would get so out of hand that Bird would be forced to trade him. :D
LOL :D

Yeah thats definetly a pipe dream

Bricklayer said:
Exactly, Miller's groundbound D was masked in Indy by Jermaine, and pairing them again here would be ideal.

I think we're going to have to settle for finding the next Jermaine, or someone at least with a similar game that we can snatch from a bad team looking to unload its star (a la Orlando/TMac or Toronto/Carter).