So, are we down to primarily finding a backup (big) center at this point?

So Lopez goes back to Milwaukee for 2yrs/$48M.... That said, Bobby Marks said despite Sasha, Lyles and HB trade, we will have $18M in cap room. Not sure if that includes us taking on duarte or not, but i think NOT. so probably closer to $13M. I throw that at Chistian Wood. Again, i think his game is great, and between Sabonis, Fox, HB and Monk personalities, i dont think there will be a lot of breathing room for dissent and locker-room shinanigans. Plus Brown and Jordi seem to run an invested and tight ship. I also think Wood is desperate to be coached. Seemed to respond well when kidd challenged him to do more defensively. Im sure Brown with his staff and 4 locker room leaders will be able to get more out of him. Otherwise throw it at PJW, go bring in Len/Dwight Howard/Waynen Gabrial/ or Plumlee on vet min contract. Go get a 3rd PG vet deep bench for the same (maybe a Cojo or Ish Smith)

He plays the big body role pretty well and he's a vet. Who would be the Len replacement that's better for more money? Maybe that player is out there, ai just dont know who it is.
I don't either, so I'm afraid I come across like those people who are complaining but don't have a solution. :laughing emoji:

But I'd actually be more than fine with Len, and I felt he was a fantastic pro... and he may even have a sort of late career breakout year, just given how well he played within the offense how much much of the "run it back" plan we are implementing. So, maybe even Len, and another ace up Monte's sleeve? For reference Len made about 3.5M last year.

Last edited:
So Lopez goes back to Milwaukee for 2yrs/$48M.... That said, Bobby Marks said despite Sasha, Lyles and HB trade, we will have $18M in cap room. Not sure if that includes us taking on duarte or not, but i think NOT. so probably closer to $13M. I throw that at Chistian Wood. Again, i think his game is great, and between Sabonis, Fox, HB and Monk personalities, i dont think there will be a lot of breathing room for dissent and locker-room shinanigans. Plus Brown and Jordi seem to run an invested and tight ship. I also think Wood is desperate to be coached. Seemed to respond well when kidd challenged him to do more defensively. Im sure Brown with his staff and 4 locker room leaders will be able to get more out of him. Otherwise throw it at PJW, go bring in Len/Dwight Howard/Waynen Gabrial/ or Plumlee on vet min contract. Go get a 3rd PG vet deep bench for the same (maybe a Cojo or Ish Smith)
I'd be afraid Wood would hate that. He believes he is starting caliber, and he's correct. Already there have been comments about his attitude, and we have a good vibe going.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Is it just me, or is it incredibly SILENT out there regarding Christian Wood? Don't hate his game, but I haven't seen anyone out there mention him at all. Maybe someone that could be had at a bargain price?
Dude seems to have skills (offensively) is a defensive sieve and bounces from team to team. There’s gotta be something else there, because you think he’d get an offer on what he puts on tape.

I'd be afraid Wood would hate that. He believes he is starting caliber, and he's correct. Already there have been comments about his attitude, and we have a good vibe going.
Maybe, but he works hard, and he is a starting caliber... On Dallas or Houston or Detroit, definitely not ahead of Domas or most otger teams that are legit contenders. So the choice is hisnif he wants thr money and to win with a big role, or sulk, lose out on play time and money. But I haven't actually heard anything but speculation on him having a bad attitude. Are there specifics?