SI's top 20 NBA draft busts

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What about Ricky Berry? The tragedy of a young man who, after a pretty good rookie season, took his own life isn't the same as an NBA draft bust. It's a very sad memory for a lot of us still...

i thought that too...they put a bunch of guys on this list who are early in their careers who surely aren't superstars but are developing into solid role players and could contribute on good teams. the only young guy who really deserves this list is kwame, and that's of his own doing

What I like most about these draft bust articles is when the tell you they were taken ahead of, like with Todd Fuller...

"Fuller was taken ahead of Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Jermaine O'Neal. Ouch."

...granted, Peja and Nash were unknowns at this point, but they passed on Kobe and Jermaine O'Neal?!

A

AriesMar27

the 2000 1st round...... thats hilarious....

why they hatin on the kandi man? i wouldnt mind if he were on the kings... lets trade thomas for kandi man.... his contract is up next season if he doesnt pan out... lol.... we can just start skinner, that way we could play miller at pf and kandi man at c.....

Kandiman is lazy and always hurt. No thanks. :)

I remember watching Ed O'Bannon when he was at UCLA. I'd totally forgotten about him! After some googling, it appears he's still playing -- in fact he's been all over. Currently in Europe.

BullKing said:
Kandi man has to be number one on the all time bust list. I mean the man just flat out can't play basketball.
Yeah you know the Clipps must be kicking there own a$$ for not taking Mike Bibby like it was projected they would.

Putting Derrick Coleman in there is just plain stupid as F. Sorry. I hate creative media pieces like this from SI and BSPN. NO. HISTORICAL. PERSPECTIVE. WHATSOEVER.