Should the Kings blow it up and retool?

Should the Kings blow it up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not true. I am a STH lower bowl right at mid-Court several of the fans in my section have voiced displeasure to the front office. This teams performance is not what we pay a ton of $$$ for. Vivek is right now feeling the heat. I guarantee it.
I would say you STH in the lower bowl who pay those really high prices hold the most sway. If you guys are voicing your displeasure Vivek will probably hear about it. If you guys start bailing that will def move the needle.

I have only been to one game this year. I have 5 or 6 more to go to. I really don't even want to go right now, but I've paid for them all. So I will go and try to have a good time.

I think the hardest part about the Kings losing for me is, they aren't fun to watch. Even when the Kings lost last year they were fun to watch. In the 90s the Knicks played a brutal slow grind it out basketball, but they won more than they lost so people didn't mind it. You play like that and loose...why even watch the games. I'm getting to that point. I'm not fully there, but I've not been watching every play of every game like I have previous seasons.

I would say you STH in the lower bowl who pay those really high prices hold the most sway. If you guys are voicing your displeasure Vivek will probably hear about it. If you guys start bailing that will def move the needle.
It will take canceling, not just talking. Vivek and Matina are as smug as the day is long - they are not customer focused... like "at all". I saw one guy on twitter point out that Vivek gave a shout-out to this one particular two percent fan whose whole twitter schtick is "I'm a trophy wife who waves her moneyed lifestyle under your nose"... as if that somehow meant Vivek was an accessible customer focused guy. no... that's the opposite Vivek :)

I hope I have the guts to pull the trigger we will see. change is hard. this regime though, hopeless imo.

By the way I don't agree with the premise of the thread. Makes it sound like the Kings have errantly made some "win now" moves that have not paid off and now they have to jettison the "win now" guys. I cannot think of a single "win-now" move that has been made with this squad. They tried to incrementally upgrade around Fox/Buddy/Bogi but it's not like they went out and got Carmelo or even someone like Crawford as if it was a missing piece for a playoff run.

I don't see any "win-now" moves that need to be undone.

Just to revisit this I would retool but closer to rebuild. Trade Barnes/1st for Turner than trade Bagley for Markkanen and finish by signing Jae Crowder. Front court of Markkanen/Tuner gives Fox elite spacing for him to create

Sadly, I think yes. Suddenly we’re dead last on talent in the West again. It’s quite deflating. We need a new front office. Really, I wish Vivek would either consolidate ownership or sell his stake to someone who can. This current ownership group has failed miserably. Smaller markets are zooming right past us...it’s an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.