Should Kings go for Josh Jackson?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Probably the history of every Kansas player not named Joel Embiid?
Ben McLemore
Andrew Wiggins
Thomas Robinson
The Morris Twins
Cole Aldrich
Xavier Henry
Brandon Rush
among others.

In Kansas's defense, Kelly Oubre shows occasional flashes of putting it together but if there's one thing Bill Self is better at than sucking during March Madness it's failing to produce NBA starss in his over 15 year stint as HC beyond Embiid, who was probably going to be a star regardless of whatever college system he wound up in.

...I think he's just way too distracting for our team. Doesn't seem like a high character person. I wouldn't want him around Fox and Co tbh.

I know everyone is young and dumb at a point in their life, but I'm going to pass.

Ben McLemore
Andrew Wiggins
Thomas Robinson
The Morris Twins
Cole Aldrich
Xavier Henry
Brandon Rush
among others.

In Kansas's defense, Kelly Oubre shows occasional flashes of putting it together but if there's one thing Bill Self is better at than sucking during March Madness it's failing to produce NBA starss in his over 15 year stint as HC beyond Embiid, who was probably going to be a star regardless of whatever college system he wound up in.
....they just have a thing for low IQ players don't they?

He and D'Angelo Russell should have a stupid contest.
Did D'Angelo do something stupid recently? Or maybe you're referring to the whole snitching thing, which was stupid but nowhere near as bad as people make out. I've absolutely done stupider stuff than that at his age, I just didn't have millions watching. I'm sure others are the same.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Did D'Angelo do something stupid recently? Or maybe you're referring to the whole snitching thing, which was stupid but nowhere near as bad as people make out. I've absolutely done stupider stuff than that at his age, I just didn't have millions watching. I'm sure others are the same.
Tried smuggling weed through TSA in a soda can, both things banned

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ben McLemore
Andrew Wiggins
Thomas Robinson
The Morris Twins
Cole Aldrich
Xavier Henry
Brandon Rush
among others.

I don't think Self or his staff are very good at developing players. As a result I'm very wary of Kansas players unless it's a no brainer. Of course I would never say that around Scott Pollard.

No we shouldn’t. He behaves like he’s Kobe but he’s barely a starter on a terrible Suns team. Very clear that he’s probably not gonna be anywhere near the player that people were hoping he would be.

The talent? Yes. 22 years old and has a world of talent. He can be a point a forward.

The character issues? Maybe. He's done a lot of dumb sh*t between the ages of 18 to 22. Folks figure it out--over months or tens of years later.

The salary? $8 to $11m. That's a hard pill.

The work ethic? His lack of physical development and a lack of a shot seems to indicate its missing.

Kings can get him for a late second rounder. Nets bought low on a number of players similar to him and have done well.

I would do it and bet on Fox being able to help him mature. Fox is proving to be that type of foundational piece (CP type who is mature beyond his years from the jump).

I don't think Self or his staff are very good at developing players. As a result I'm very wary of Kansas players unless it's a no brainer. Of course I would never say that around Scott Pollard.
The Ringer college basketball guys have a theory that Adidas would place the biggest name they could “recruit” on their biggest brand, Kansas, every year whether Self wanted that player or not.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Ringer college basketball guys have a theory that Adidas would place the biggest name they could “recruit” on their biggest brand, Kansas, every year whether Self wanted that player or not.
Even if that's true, most of these players are highly sought after players by the top colleges. It's not as though he's being forced to take on a bunch of 4 star players. A lot of them are 5 star top five players. I can't ignore the fact that a coach like Jay Wright of Villanova consistently recruits 4 star, or fringe 5 star players and makes competitive players out of them, many of them being drafted in the 1st rd.

Somehow I don't see being forced to take a top highschool recruit as a curse. If so, there are college teams that would loved to be cursed like that. However, I get your point!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The talent? Yes. 22 years old and has a world of talent. He can be a point a forward.

The character issues? Maybe. He's done a lot of dumb sh*t between the ages of 18 to 22. Folks figure it out--over months or tens of years later.

The salary? $8 to $11m. That's a hard pill.

The work ethic? His lack of physical development and a lack of a shot seems to indicate its missing.

Kings can get him for a late second rounder. Nets bought low on a number of players similar to him and have done well.

I would do it and bet on Fox being able to help him mature. Fox is proving to be that type of foundational piece (CP type who is mature beyond his years from the jump).
If I could get him for a 2nd rd pick and a bag of chips, I'd probably do it, but after reading that article by a writer that follows the Suns, I'm very wary. He called Jackson a total pain in the butt, and one of the dumbest players he's ever seen both on and off the court. That's not exactly the endorsement I want to see before trading for a player.

Just for kicks I looked at the nbadraft.net 2017 draft archives. They score him a 100 say he's charismatic, has a great BBIQ and compare him to Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler. So what happened?
I'm not sure what to make about some of his off court issues, but somewhere in there must be a hell of a player.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just for kicks I looked at the nbadraft.net 2017 draft archives. They score him a 100 say he's charismatic, has a great BBIQ and compare him to Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler. So what happened?
I'm not sure what to make about some of his off court issues, but somewhere in there must be a hell of a player.
I mean we saw articles comparing BMac to Ray Allen when he declared for the draft so it wouldn't be the first time random scout dudes were wildly wrong about a player.

Oof I will take my L and eat crow on this! Thing is too I always was weary of Josh Jackson because frankly I thought he was a jerk, the way he used to snap on officials in like AAU and summer games and stuff, it was unwarranted and way over the top.. Kinda had that OJ Mayo thing going.. His mom is a nutjob too, kinda feel bad for the kid, he coulda used some better rolemodels..

He is crucial to the Kings landing De'Aaron though, he was good enough to fool PHX... which we salute him for. LOL.

If he gets cut though, which is unlikely, i'd take him, he is still super athletic and can defend if the price is right, obviously needs an attitude check tho.

Tyreke Evans was just dismissed from the league today for a drug violation..

He was never charismatic, that kid was always an entitled jerk, 19 year old HS senior, type of aura like your stereotypical jock about him...

His mom was always in control... I think tho NBAdraft.net is at fault really for spreading disinfo, cuz this stuff wasnt top-secret, i dont pay for any premium scouting info and I knew this stuff..

Never cared for the Wiggins comparison, cuz I always thought Wiggins was better and could actually shoot, and his demeanor is a polar opposite...

True story back in the day ppl used to say that Jackson is like Andrew Wiggins but with a pulse or something backhanded like that.. But I'll take a silent but deadly type over a loud mouth who cant really back it up, like Jackson..

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The last place I would go for info, other than the order of the draft is NBADraft.com. They have no idea what the hell their doing there. Since I watch a ton of games I don't need their info, but I realize most people don't have the time to sit in front of their TV all day watching games. Probably why my vision is going. Now that DraftExpress is gone, the only thing you can do is subscribe to ESPN, and get their inside info, which is actually the old DraftExpress. The Ringer is very informative as well, as is the Athletic, but you have to pay for the Athletic.

Speaking of the Athletic, Jason Jones, our old beat writer now covers the Kings for them, and he's doing a far better job, and writing much better articles for them than he ever did the Bee. So me thinks his problem was the Bee. Good for him!

Between the ears.

If I could get him for a 2nd rd pick and a bag of chips, I'd probably do it, but after reading that article by a writer that follows the Suns, I'm very wary. He called Jackson a total pain in the butt, and one of the dumbest players he's ever seen both on and off the court. That's not exactly the endorsement I want to see before trading for a player.
A lot of people do dumbsh*t between the years of 18 to 22. Only way to accelerate is to see your peers out working you or to get cut. So for a second rounder? Yes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A lot of people do dumbsh*t between the years of 18 to 22. Only way to accelerate is to see your peers out working you or to get cut. So for a second rounder? Yes.
Did you see the part about "ON AND OFF the court"? Very few successful NBA players are dumber than a box of rocks. It sounds like Josh Jackson is very close.

I cannot envision Vlade trading for Jackson given his views on the importance of character.

Cousins was a crybaby with a bad attitude. Josh Jackson is flat out a piece of ****. He brought his infant to a concert possibly causing permanent hearing damage. Now the mother is accusing him of getting the baby high by smoking around her. Nevermind Sac, this loser doesn’t deserve to be in the league.