SF Trades

Any chance we can pry Jordan from the Knicks? They aren't keeping him are they? Or do they actually think he is the key to getting KD to sign with them?

well we only have $200,000 cap space after the Barnes trade, so I don't think we can get Jordan or Enes
Even KK and Ben is only 14 mil and Enes is 18 mil Jordan 22 mil
If NY bought Enes out maybe could get him, but I really don't think that would fly with Enes

We do have a roster spot, even with only 200k cap space,
Cant we offer a league min contract to Troy Williams? That is the final piece!
That way we have a Bench SF
Even if we play Bogi or Burks at SF on the bench squad
might be nice to have a 2nd SF

Fox, Yogi,Mason
Buddy, Bogi,Ben
Barnes,Burks,Williams
Beli,Bags,Skal
WCS,Giles, KK

One real deep 10 man Roster
and 3rd string backups at all positions

well we only have $200,000 cap space after the Barnes trade, so I don't think we can get Jordan or Enes
Even KK and Ben is only 14 mil and Enes is 18 mil Jordan 22 mil
If NY bought Enes out maybe could get him, but I really don't think that would fly with Enes

We do have a roster spot, even with only 200k cap space,
Cant we offer a league min contract to Troy Williams? That is the final piece!

I think you are spot on. And we would finally have a balanced roster - after like 4 years.

I still want Porter on this team.

And that doesn't mean we send out Barnes. I think having a starting frontcourt of Barnes/Porter/Bagley would be very potent. We would have to rely on Bagley getting stronger at C to hold his own against some of the stronger Cs, but it could be an excellent frontcourt for years to come.

I still want Porter on this team.

And that doesn't mean we send out Barnes. I think having a starting frontcourt of Barnes/Porter/Bagley would be very potent. We would have to rely on Bagley getting stronger at C to hold his own against some of the stronger Cs, but it could be an excellent frontcourt for years to come.
We would probably have to send out Bogdan for Porter Jr. People think Chicago got him for scraps, but Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker are far from scraps.

People kept complaining about the rebounding last night.. Barnes-Porter Jr-Bagley might be the worst rebounding trio in the entire league. Even though Barnes snagged 11rebs last night, he's statistically one of the worst rebounders at SF. Porter Jr is just average too. Bagley is a mixed bag, he goes up for rebounds, but struggles with boxing out due to his size.

Defense in the paint would be a giant problem.

Nah! I would rather get a big man at C that will spread the floor, rebound and provide some interior D. Continue to develop Bagley's outside game and this team becomes tough to stop with continued development of the young guns.

IMHO I feel that we need a big center, rim defender, shooter in the paint, spread the floor, passer, and all around tough guy to shore up our interior defense and yet still score. I would like to see us take a run at Nikola Vucevic or Mason Plumlee this summer. Even though they are both 28 years old, they could get us into the playoffs again next year and more than adequately hold down the fort until Giles or Bagley get strong enough to step in. We'll probably lose Koufos this summer and I'm not sure about WCS.

IMHO I feel that we need a big center, rim defender, shooter in the paint, spread the floor, passer, and all around tough guy to shore up our interior defense and yet still score. I would like to see us take a run at Nikola Vucevic or Mason Plumlee this summer. Even though they are both 28 years old, they could get us into the playoffs again next year and more than adequately hold down the fort until Giles or Bagley get strong enough to step in. We'll probably lose Koufos this summer and I'm not sure about WCS.
I would say let’s trade for Draymond this summer after it becomes obvious the Warriors will not be offering the max. Do a S&T with Willie.

Last edited:
Nikola Vucevic would be the home run signing, but he will have a lot of suitors. It will be difficult to get him, but if Vlade were to sign him, the Kings would be an instant high caliber playoff team, probably in the #4-6 seed area. We can dream, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for him.

If WCS prices himself out of what the Kings are willing to pay him, Brook Lopez would be a good 2 year stop gap Center, until Giles is ready to start. Lopez has become a good 3-point shooter and he could assume Bjelica’s spot in the big man starters, so Bagley can start at Power Forward. Once Giles is ready in to start in a couple of years, Lopez can be moved to the bench or let his contract expire.

Brook Lopez is also a Northern California kid, he grew up in Fresno and went to Standford.

If we can sign Lopez to a reasonable contract, (i.e. 2 years for $16-20 million or $8-10 mil/year) he could plug right into our starting Center spot for the next 2 years, if we don’t retain WCS.

Last edited:
Nikola Vucevic would be the home run signing, but he will have a lot of suitors. It will be difficult to get him, but if Vlade were to sign him, the Kings would be an instant high caliber playoff team, probably in the #4-6 seed area. We can dream, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for him.

If WCS prices himself out of what the Kings are willing to pay him, Brook Lopez would be a good 2 year stop gap Center, until Giles is ready to start. Lopez has become a good 3-point shooter and he could assume Bjelica’s spot in the big man starters, so Bagley can start at Power Forward. Once Giles is ready in to start in a couple of years, Lopez can be moved to the bench or let his contract expire.

Brook Lopez is also a Northern California kid, he grew up in Fresno and went to Standford.

If we can sign Lopez to a reasonable contract, (i.e. 2 years for $16-20 million or $8-10 mil/year) he could plug right into our starting Center spot for the next 2 years, if we don’t retain WCS.

Lopez is on my radar too. He makes WCS look like Rodman in terms of rebounds but his ability to both block shots and hit threes makes him a good fit next to Bagley. I’m not sure if he’d actually come cheaper than WCS, though. He’s carved out a nice role for himself on an eastern conference contender. But yes, Sac would be closer to home for him.

Vučević would be a home run for us even though it would not improve us defensively at all. In fact, it might make us worse at that end of the floor. However, in terms of rebounding and offensively we would improve significantly. It would also allow us to start Bagley without affecting the spacing much with Bjelica and Giles coming off the bench.

Eventually, I think Giles and Bagley will be our starters in the long run.

Lopez is on my radar too. He makes WCS look like Rodman in terms of rebounds but his ability to both block shots and hit threes makes him a good fit next to Bagley. I’m not sure if he’d actually come cheaper than WCS, though. He’s carved out a nice role for himself on an eastern conference contender. But yes, Sac would be closer to home for him.
He probably gets priced out of getting resigned by the Bucks though as they have Middleton, Mirotic and Bledsoe all approaching UFA as well this off-season. And he'd be a flawless fit with us, Budenholzer unlocked him as a cheat code for the rest of the league. He's legitimately a big reason the Bucks have the best record in the NBA and probably the best offense in the game too. His presence on the floor is an absolute nightmare for opposing Centers and pairing him with Buddy and Barnes floor spacing with the slashing ability of Fox and Bagley would honestly create a similar team context to what the Bucks do now. Space out the court, let Fox (our Bledsoe) and Bagley (our super poor man's Giannis) have a wide open paint.

I'd much rather overpay on a 2 year deal for Brook than what WCS is going to cost for 4 years.

He probably gets priced out of getting resigned by the Bucks though as they have Middleton, Mirotic and Bledsoe all approaching UFA as well this off-season. And he'd be a flawless fit with us, Budenholzer unlocked him as a cheat code for the rest of the league. He's legitimately a big reason the Bucks have the best record in the NBA and probably the best offense in the game too. His presence on the floor is an absolute nightmare for opposing Centers and pairing him with Buddy and Barnes floor spacing with the slashing ability of Fox and Bagley would honestly create a similar team context to what the Bucks do now. Space out the court, let Fox (our Bledsoe) and Bagley (our super poor man's Giannis) have a wide open paint.

I'd much rather overpay on a 2 year deal for Brook than what WCS is going to cost for 4 years.
Yes.

Our system and argument against starting Bagley is we need a stretch 4.

That could be Barnes but Bagley is not ready for the physicality of the 5 position.

2 choices: either you push him to bulk up and continue with Barnes at 4 or you find someone like Lopez who brings the same need and enables Bagley to continue to play the 4.