SF Trades

Should we try trade for Oubre Jr right now (Suns are loaded at SF with Warren who I would love more than anything, Bridges and even Jackson lately is playing well) getting Oubre Jr now would be good to see if it would work moving forwards. I have no idea what the Suns are looking for but I doubt they would invest big money into Oubre unless they are thinking of moving Warren who is a elite contract for his production. I would offer 2nd round picks and whatever else that's not in the core.
I didn't pay close attention to that trade but why would the Suns trade for him and then immediately trade him away?

I didn't pay close attention to that trade but why would the Suns trade for him and then immediately trade him away?
I think the trade was to get rid of Ariza rather than get anything cause they basically got nothing (Oubre is a FA coming up), why would they also cut Austin Rivers when they need a PG/combo guard to play with Booker, unless they are moving one of there SF's or if they think Ourbe is a beast why pay him over 10+ million next season when you got 2 rookie deals (Bridges looks good) and a awesome contract in Warren? The Suns need a starting PF/PG not another SF

Marc Stein reports the hawks are recieving interest in Bazemore. We could offer them expirings and a player like Skal or Mason. Would it be something worth exploring? I think so and Atlanta could be eager to get off his money.

Marc Stein reports the hawks are recieving interest in Bazemore. We could offer them expirings and a player like Skal or Mason. Would it be something worth exploring? I think so and Atlanta could be eager to get off his money.
If he were a expiring deal yes but he's got a player option next season of close to 20million (he's never making close to half of that ever again) and he's been really bad the past few seasons I rather not pay him 20mil next season for bench player production.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Should we try trade for Oubre Jr right now (Suns are loaded at SF with Warren who I would love more than anything, Bridges and even Jackson lately is playing well) getting Oubre Jr now would be good to see if it would work moving forwards. I have no idea what the Suns are looking for but I doubt they would invest big money into Oubre unless they are thinking of moving Warren who is a elite contract for his production. I would offer 2nd round picks and whatever else that's not in the core.
there is no need to trade for Oubre, if the Kings have interest they will pursue him in free agency

Just read that Celtics, who were already missing Horford for the last few games, have lost Baynes indefinitely due to a broken hand.

Celts, who would have had genuine aspirations of coming out of East are struggling a bit. They need bodies in the front court, and have a ton of small forwards. Our needs are exactly the opposite. Could we trade Kosta for someone (I doubt we get much more than Semi for his expiring, but that itself might not be enough). Also, the trade by itself will not work under the guidelines, and will need include additional salary from their end. However, this will probably define the broad contours of the deal.

Thoughts?

In last night's games, neither Porter Jr for Washington nor Bogie or Shump for the Kings suited up. Is this an indication of a trade? It works in ESPN's Trade Machine. I would hate to lose Bogie or Shump, but it does seem like a fair trade.

Just read that Celtics, who were already missing Horford for the last few games, have lost Baynes indefinitely due to a broken hand.

Celts, who would have had genuine aspirations of coming out of East are struggling a bit. They need bodies in the front court, and have a ton of small forwards. Our needs are exactly the opposite. Could we trade Kosta for someone (I doubt we get much more than Semi for his expiring, but that itself might not be enough). Also, the trade by itself will not work under the guidelines, and will need include additional salary from their end. However, this will probably define the broad contours of the deal.

Thoughts?
Something Vlade should talk a long hard look at

I am thinking 3 way deal with Bos and Phx. The Suns gets Rozier, we get Josh Jackson and Giles to Boston. It seems like everyone gets what they need with suns getting a PG, Kings getting a SF and Bos gets a young big man and reduce the jam it has in the backcourt.

I am thinking 3 way deal with Bos and Phx. The Suns gets Rozier, we get Josh Jackson and Giles to Boston. It seems like everyone gets what they need with suns getting a PG, Kings getting a SF and Bos gets a young big man and reduce the jam it has in the backcourt.
I haven't been reading the best Josh Jackson reviews on this forum, but going off his college performance I'm still somewhat intrigued.
Giles I like as a personality and damn did he look good prior to injuries, but I cant figure what's up or what to expect from him. Does he really help Boston with their injured big men issue at present? Rozier looked great for a while with Irving down, so he should help out Phoenix.
I like your thought process though, a 3 team trade that potentially makes sense for everyone.

Too, too, too soon to give up on Giles, particularly for a player who has had more opportunities, but has not yet lived up to the hype or his draft position.

Also, while Boston would love to have Giles, particularly when they have Kyrie and Smart, their immediate needs will be better met with Kosta. Since he's not in our future plans, we should look to move him to get something of value now.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm looking at capitulation from the Wizards. They've lost two in a row. Their next six games going into the beginning of next year are very easy. Then their schedule begins to be very tough. If they don't come out with a winning record over the next six games, they are done, imo. Then maybe they'll capitulate and finally want to deal.

I'm looking at capitulation from the Wizards. They've lost two in a row. Their next six games going into the beginning of next year are very easy. Then their schedule begins to be very tough. If they don't come out with a winning record over the next six games, they are done, imo. Then maybe they'll capitulate and finally want to deal.
I think Washington may be to dumb to make the trade. Acquiring Ariza was not the right move for them imo they could have done better for Oubre. They're probably going to run that thing into the ground until they scorch the earth.

That Latvian SF for the Nets looks like he's going to be a absolute beast once he bulks up a tiny bit, I'd give them whatever besides Buddy/Fox/Bagley for him. He's one of the most athletic Euro wings I have seen in ages and he's got skills as well.

His recent plays makes Harris/Crabbe expandable no doubt

That Latvian SF for the Nets looks like he's going to be a absolute beast once he bulks up a tiny bit, I'd give them whatever besides Buddy/Fox/Bagley for him. He's one of the most athletic Euro wings I have seen in ages and he's got skills as well.

His recent plays makes Harris/Crabbe expandable no doubt
Do you mean Kurucs?

Yeah, Nokidding must be talking about Kurucs as hes getting playing time and is from Latvia. At first I figured he was talking about Musa since he got good predraft reviews and is also a wing. Hes from Bosnia Herts.......sorry spelling though
Yeah it is Kurucs who I was actually commented on after I saw him play preseason and I was really impressed but he's impressed me even more as a starter, guy is going at the likes of LeBron with no fear. Latvia producing some really nice talent and all of them seem rather athletic for the size they have e.g Zinger even Bertans has really sneaky athletic ability.

I like the fact of us getting Josh Jackson. Seems like not everyone here is a big fan but don't forget the potential he has and has shown sometimes. Not to mention the difficulties he's having with the franchise. To be fair he'd be a perfect fit for us. Young, fast, potential and maybe he'll never be as cheap to get as now. I'd immediately give up Yogi/Frank, JJ and some second rounders for him.

I like the fact of us getting Josh Jackson. Seems like not everyone here is a big fan but don't forget the potential he had and has shown sometimes. Not to mention the difficulties he's having with the franchise. To be fair he'd be a perfect fit for us. Young, fast, potential and maybe he'll never be as cheap to get as now. I'd immediately give up Yogi/Frank, JJ and some second rounders for him.
Fixed it for you. He's down the Chriss path now.

I'm sure that if Chriss and/or Josh Jackson would get a chance to develop themselves and get some confidence these players could become really good. They'd both fit in

But i get your point, too big of a risk to give up on a lot. That's why i hope we could get em for cheap

Last edited:
He's nowhere near Chriss he competes on defense all the time unlike Chriss who only goes for the odd show time block and Chriss has the lowest IQ probably in the NBA, Jackson is no where near that level, although is probably below average. Jackson has hope of becoming a decent player in the NBA.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think it's time for the Kings to look for a SF that's more ready to step in and play, and omit projects. That's why I lean toward the Porter types. No development necessary, just open package and serve. Not saying the team shouldn't look for players to develop, but only for the right price, and not as a fix for our immediate problem. I wasn't a big fan of Jackson (Josh) in college, and he hasn't done anything to change my mind since then. Not saying he's a bust, just saying he's not the answer right now.

By the way, I wanted no part of Chriss coming out of college either. Plus, I didn't like his attitude.

I think it's time for the Kings to look for a SF that's more ready to step in and play, and omit projects. That's why I lean toward the Porter types. No development necessary, just open package and serve. Not saying the team shouldn't look for players to develop, but only for the right price, and not as a fix for our immediate problem. I wasn't a big fan of Jackson (Josh) in college, and he hasn't done anything to change my mind since then. Not saying he's a bust, just saying he's not the answer right now.

By the way, I wanted no part of Chriss coming out of college either. Plus, I didn't like his attitude.
I tend to agree. It needs to be someone who is in mid 20s, that still has his best basketball ahead of him so he can grow with the team but at the same time be someone you can play straight away and they are productive, important part of the team.

Last year of Porter’s deal is a player option which coincides nicely with contract renewals of other important players on the team.

The Wizards player the Kings should be looking at is Troy Brown Jr. There's some footage of him if you care to check it out. He was the #15 pick in this current draft class and Washington has him playing in the D league. 19 years old 6'7 215+lbs he would imo fill in at the 3 here nicely. If I had to guess Brooks doesn't value him much because even with Porter being injured he hasn't been called up. I would offer to take on Mahinmi along with some sweeteners to add another prospect to our roster.

Could it be an idea of getting Brandon Knight? He's barely getting minutes with the Rockets. He's still young enough (27) and would fit in our style of play. I think he's out for grab. If we could get him for cheap it would be a chance for him to get his carreer back on track and if so, he'd do wonderfull for us. With a good Knight (as in his Milwaukee days) we'd have a perfect backup for Fox.