Search over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

West_Gunslinger16

DocHolliday said:
All I can say is, what a crazy off season, and it's barely started. Just wait until the draft and July 1st rolls around.
Oh yeah, the draft. Would it be a guard? ;)

was just on the ole' Wikipedia reading Whis's bio, and stumbled on the last thing in it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whisenant

'It is currently rumored that in the early morning hours of May 26, 2006 the Sacramento Kings named him head BLACK RICHARD SUCKER. According to the rumor, the announcement has been set to be made after the holiday weekend'

What in the HELL does that mean??? :confused:

W

West_Gunslinger16

Circa_1985_Fan said:
was just on the ole' Wikipedia reading Whis's bio, and stumbled on the last thing in it....

'It is currently rumored that in the early morning hours of May 26, 2006 the Sacramento Kings named him head BLACK RICHARD SUCKER. According to the rumor, the announcement has been set to be made after the holiday weekend'

LOL! Last time it was 'Head DORK of the Maloofs'. Who were those jackasses screwing up Wiki?

West_Gunslinger16 said:
LOL! Last time it was 'Head DORK of the Maloofs'. Who were those jackasses screwing up Wiki?
man...the little respect for the Wiki I had(and it wasnt much)just went right out the window with that, I think...I didnt know Morton Downey Jr. was writing for the Wiki, let alone BREATHING...geez...

Circa_1985_Fan said:
man...the little respect for the Wiki I had(and it wasnt much)just went right out the window with that, I think...I didnt know Morton Downey Jr. was writing for the Wiki, let alone BREATHING...geez...

Didn't you know anyone can edit it?

Bricklayer said:
Anybody who thinks that John Wisenhart, without a scrap of NBA experience, likely without ever having coached one NBA caliber player in his entire life (Arizona Western? AAU?? IBL??? WNBA????), is going to waltz into the NBA here and realize the championship dream over coaches that have won at far higher levels and know the league inside and out, is just deluding themselves.
Yep, simple as that.

Circa_1985_Fan said:

You don't know about the "dick" position..

I see Bricklayer's been on the Wikipedia again. ;)

Last edited:
Just heard the news tonight/this morning :confused:

I don't know Whiz, his style and only heard his name after the Monarchs won last year. Which tells me how qualified he is... Then consider that there are plenty of other MORE qualified potentials out there, this news pisses me off. I expected it, doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm hoping against hope that when the Maloofs see the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction to this decision that they back down and go with a coach who has NBA experience.

It's starting to become clear...

The Maloofs wanted to let Adelman go all along and bring in Whiz all along...

The interviews they are conducting in Vegas are for the soon-to-be vacant Monarchs head coaching position. Don't be fooled Muss and Mario...you are interviewing for the WNBA gig...

No, it's not yet...but, it's pretty close. All message boards are reporting it...a couple solid sources are doing so...

Unless there is a knee jerk, it's pretty much done.

An official word should come after the Holiday. Grant said he thinks it will happen Wendesday.

I don't agree with Whis for head coach either...but in all fairness and for the sake of argument...we all booed Petrie when he drafted Peja over John Wallace in 1996. Hopefully it turns out to be the same way with the Whis move.

But then again...we must remember that Petrie was the guy that drafted Peja, and not Jim Thomas, and I don't think Petrie was very much involved with the decision on Whis...so in that aspect it's a little different.

All I can say is...I hope the Maloofs know what they're doing and see something I don't because for me it would be tough to pass on Mario Ellie!

Frankly I think I'd also be disappointed if they hired Elie on Tuesday - simply because they represented that they were going to do a thorough due diligence - make sure to find the RIGHT guy for this very important role... and they just plain did not do that. A couple courtesy interviews in Vegas for shlts and grins (a waste of those gentlemen's time by the way - more class from the Mafools), followed by the disclosure of the decision that was already made long ago.

I know if I hired someone this way, I'd be standing tall before the man (and the HR director) trying to explain myself.

Amanjoy said:
But then again...we must remember that Petrie was the guy that drafted Peja, and not Jim Thomas, and I don't think Petrie was very much involved with the decision on Whis...so in that aspect it's a little different.

I had a couple drinks with my buddy that works for the Kings, and he was saying if they do hire Whis than it will not be because Petrie. There was a lot of "office talk" going on yesterday. Now he isn't in a dept that is on the inside regarding deals, but usually when something goes down there isn't any talk about it until we hear about it (meaning they hear when we hear). This time though pretty much everyone said they were pretty sure Whis would be hired.

But on the flip side my friend went to get his lunch from the fridge, and overheard a guy that IS in the circle of things going on say something about how people will be suprised on who is getting the coaching job. Not sure if that means Whis, or if that means all the people saying "Whis will be coach" be suprised when they announce another guy other than Whis.

We were probally looking into what that guy said more so than really mattered, and making a conspiracy over nothing lol.

Anyway, it is probally going to be Whis, and it will not be a move by Petrie.

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Frankly I think I'd also be disappointed if they hired Elie on Tuesday - simply because they represented that they were going to do a thorough due diligence - make sure to find the RIGHT guy for this very important role... and they just plain did not do that. A couple courtesy interviews in Vegas for shlts and grins (a waste of those gentlemen's time by the way - more class from the Mafools), followed by the disclosure of the decision that was already made long ago.

I know if I hired someone this way, I'd be standing tall before the man (and the HR director) trying to explain myself.
Giving guys interviews when they know they will not hire them happens all the time.

Gary said:
Giving guys interviews when they know they will not hire them happens all the time.
of course... so does hiring grossly underqualified candidates because they are superior brown-nosers.

but in my company (not the NBA), people complain about pseudo-competitions for jobs and the managers who conduct those pseudo-competitions sometimes have to account for it. especially if they turn down a guy with three rings and NBA experience for a brown-noser nobody.

mouse said:
I'm hoping against hope that when the Maloofs see the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction to this decision that they back down and go with a coach who has NBA experience.
Yeah, after all if they listened to the fans they wouldn't have made that horrible trade for Ron Artest, or the trade for Bonzi Wells. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Francisco d'Anconia said:
of course... so does hiring grossly underqualified candidates because they are superior brown-nosers.

but in my company (not the NBA), people complain about pseudo-competitions for jobs and the managers who conduct those pseudo-competitions sometimes have to account for it. especially if they turn down a guy with three rings and NBA experience for a brown-noser nobody.
THIS sums up everything in a nutshell. I will support this team, even if ol' Whis screws this whole thing up and everyone is jumping off the bandwagon...but I still dont have to like it. Mario Elie should be the choice, and while I'm not the biggest fan of E-Muss being the coach, I would definetely bring him in WAYYYYYYY before I would Whis. I'll bring up another question that should be asked at this point: If the Maloofs are 'taking control of their team'...how long will Petrie stick around as just the mouthpiece for them??

People sure talk like they are "in the know", I am not really that familiar with Whis, is he really a brown noser like everyone seems to be saying? I have never really seen him interact with the Maloofs so I can't really speak on the matter.

How is he a "brown noser"?

Circa_1985_Fan said:
I just hope we dont lose Petrie because of all this 'gambling'. I have to imagine he'll get tired of it at some point.
Oh think the departure of Petrie is a given it's jsut a matter of time. Personally I'd be surprised to see him finish next season.

As for Wihz his being a yes man IS the major qualification the Maloof were looking for-they want to run the team their way and that was Adelman's main crime, he ran the team his way. Petrie is safe only as long as he says yes and repeats the corporate Kool-Aid at every press confrence, but some how I see Geoff wanting to "Spend more time with his family" in the near future and a new GM in place that agin is a Maloof yes man.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
Yeah, after all if they listened to the fans they wouldn't have made that horrible trade for Ron Artest, or the trade for Bonzi Wells. :rolleyes:
The Artest trade may have caused a lot of concern, but MOST fans were in favor of brining Bonzi to the fore.

The idea that those two actions are like this one is naive.

Artest may have his baggage, but NO ONE with a brain can deny his strengths. It wasn't his NBA credentials that were being questioned. It was the danger of him going off the deep end that concerned some of us. And one part of one good season doesn't mean it might not happen in the future. Yes, I think Artest is serious here and I think he's come a long ways towards rehabbing his image. But, as we saw in the playoffs, he's still facing intense scrunity.

Bonzi's baggage went back even further, but ONCE AGAIN you couldn't question his abilities or his NBA credentials.

Coach John Whisenant is a 60-some year-old NBA ROOKIE. He never played in the NBA. He has never peformed AT ANY LEVEL in the NBA.

His credentials are posted in several different places. Look at them. If he wasn't a close family friend of the Maloofs do you think they'd seriously be even looking at him as the successor to Rick Adelman?

Sorry, STK, but there is a tremendous difference between a solid NBA player with some instances of poor judgment in his background and a HEAD COACH who has never performed at any level in the NBA.

Can it work out? Maybe.

Is there a real potential for this to rank up there with the coaching tenures of Bill Rusell or Garry St. Jean? You betcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.