SAR coming to the Kings discussion (merged)

S

SoupNazi

1140 : something big might happen with the kings.

I was just listening to 1140 right now and Jim Kozimor said something big is going to happen with the kings. He said he's pretty sure the kings are working on somthing big, as big as the chris webber deal was. What could it be?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SoupNazi said:
I was just listening to 1140 right now and Jim Kozimor said something big is going to happen with the kings. He said he's pretty sure the kings are working on somthing big, as big as the chris webber deal was. What could it be?
Well that would spice things up around here. I assume that the imminent signing of SAR does not qualify at that level, so either one of the core going out, or a star level player coming back? Or both?

Bricklayer

I'll say it -- I hereby predict we are going to sign SAR to be our SF and then turn around and trade Peja and Brad to get KG. :D

In my dreams...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer - Move over, dude. I'm jumping right into that dream with you!!!

Whooooooooooooo!!!!!

well, it's certainly past due. i notice you don't include any mights in there- maybe this one will actually happen.

length, athleticism, as big as chris webber- sampson doesn't quite fit that profile.

i'm grinning like a fool thinking of you know who. and i fool i will probably be proven to be for entertaining such follies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SLAB said:
Did Koz give a timetable for this to go down?
There's no way Koz could have a timetable...he's most likely guaging his comments by hunches and feelings around Arco that something is in the air. There's no way he could say more than that, however. If he did, as an employee of Maloof Sports, he'd be putting his job on the line if he spilled it.

A

AriesMar27

VF21 said:
Bricklayer - Move over, dude. I'm jumping right into that dream with you!!!

Whooooooooooooo!!!!!

i dont want to lose peja.... even for kg.... id rather see him stay in minny for the rest of his career... same goes for lebron, duncan, iverson and yao... and peja i guess....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
captain bill said:
well, it's certainly past due. i notice you don't include any mights in there- maybe this one will actually happen.

length, athleticism, as big as chris webber- sampson doesn't quite fit that profile.

i'm grinning like a fool thinking of you know who. and i fool i will probably be proven to be for entertaining such follies.
KingsFans.com = home of

Fool's Follies

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AriesMar27 said:
i dont want to lose peja.... even for kg.... id rather see him stay in minny for the rest of his career... same goes for lebron, duncan, iverson and yao... and peja i guess....
You don't want to lose Peja, even for Kevin Garnett?

Yeah... okay.

Err, I wait for something big everyday. Why must such a teaseful comment. Got to atleast leave a lead or too. Unless the something (or is it someone) "BIG" is that clue.

The last time Koz said something big was going down was the last time we were a legitimate threat. Here is hoping this one is better.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, everybody sing:

SOMETHING'S COMING

Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!

Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!

Could it be? Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be great!

With a click, with a shock,
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock,
Open the latch!
Something's coming, don't know when, but it's soon;
Catch the moon,
One-handed catch!

Around the corner,
Or whistling down the river,
Come on, deliver
To me!
Will it be? Yes, it will.
Maybe just by holding still,
It'll be there!

Come on, something, come on in, don't be shy,
Meet a guy,
Pull up a chair!
The air is humming,
And something great is coming!
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Maybe tonight . . .
http://www.westsidestory.com/site/level2/lyrics/something.html

Bad Boy Bo said:
Err, I wait for something big everyday. Why must such a teaseful comment. Got to atleast leave a lead or too. Unless the something (or is it someone) "BIG" is that clue.
Do you need a "TICKET" to see something that big?

Man, this "something big" better be for real and it better not be just a deal for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

I'm going to get all excited like everyone else who's (been) dreaming big. I'm going to get my hopes up for KG. Bricklayer has put in too much work coming up with and refining KG-to-Sacramento trade scenarios for it to never happen!

Koz says a source says:

1. SAR never "failed" a physical
2. Net think old scar tissue could make him arthritic
3. Maloofs "exited" Nets deals was nixed, King very interested in SAR

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Koz thinks the possibility of acquiring SAR is bigger than the Webber deal, I'm going to slap the crap out of him the next time I see him.

Bricklayer

Kev.in said:
Man, this "something big" better be for real and it better not be just a deal for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

I'm going to get all excited like everyone else who's (been) dreaming big. I'm going to get my hopes up for KG. Bricklayer has put in too much work coming up with and refining KG-to-Sacramento trade scenarios for it to never happen!
Alas, realistically its quite unlikely. ;)

Nonetheless if Koz is being honest with the "as big as the Chris Webber trade" stuff, here are some of the star names out there who have off and on been rumored to maybe be available:

KG
Brand
Boozer
Pierce
Artest
Magliore
Marbury
Gasol
Francis

names like Gooden, Chandler (that's more us than a real rumor), Wally, Harrington etc. are also out there.

LOT of possibilities if its actually something big. Unfortunately KG is somewhere quite a way down the list of "likely" occurrences.