SAR coming to the Kings discussion (merged)

Now I have mixed feelings. I'm disappointed that this was all, and nothing huge and exciting. But I'm very happy that we got SAR. At this point, I'll just say that and be the first to say, Welcome to Sac, Reef. Show us that all-star that you once were.

And, if he is coming as a FA, that means either KT is a backup, or we trade him for bench pieces. I'm happy either way. Our new roster (hopefully):
Bibby/Hart/Price
Bonzi/Martin/Garica
Peja/Thomas/Corliss
SAR/Thomas/Skinner
Miller/Skinner/Sampson

I like it. A lot more than where we ended last year.

O

ONEZERO

Gosh darnit

Were trading SAR, peja, and miller for KG.... Just watch....

We give them a sf, c, and a pf.....

I could dream..... Zzzzzzzzz.....

Last edited by a moderator:
captain bill said:
Now I have mixed feelings. I'm disappointed that this was all, and nothing huge and exciting. But I'm very happy that we got SAR. At this point, I'll just say that and be the first to say, Welcome to Sac, Reef. Show us that all-star that you once were.

And, if he is coming as a FA, that means either KT is a backup, or we trade him for bench pieces. I'm happy either way. Our new roster (hopefully):
Bibby/Hart/Price
Bonzi/Martin/Garica
Peja/Thomas/Corliss
SAR/Thomas/Skinner
Miller/Skinner/Sampson

He's still gotta pass a physical!

captain bill said:
shh...you're spoiling our fun.

And Bonzi Fan and nbrans- I've been in the minority on this board defending SAR, and I would be furious if this was "something as big as the Webber deal." One, that's insulting and a huge let down. Two, we would be giving something big up to get him, which would make me quickly sour to the aquisition. And three, SAR is nowhere near the type of player we get in a deal comprable to the Webber one, especially with Petrie at the helm.

And as an aside, I seem to remember something similar to this being said a while back, someone said "big news is coming" on the radio then things got real quite and it just fizzled. This time, though, KG WILL COME!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We would not have to give up something big because we can sign him for the mid-level. Nobody has to leave.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yoda said:
Brick's all charmin team is almost made......sad.......
I predicted Cisco and Shareef before the offseason began. And looks like we got...Cisco and Shareef. That's more than a little alarming. Because if my pessimistic assessment of our front office is really that accurate, all I got to say boys and girls is we are FUBAR.

Next up -- max out Peja! Woot! :rolleyes:

Then all that will be left is choosing whether to go with pleats or not on the pastel pink skirts.

Bricklayer said:
I predicted Cisco and Shareef before the offseason began. And looks like we got...Cisco and Shareef. That's more than a little alarming. Because if my pessimistic assessment of our front office is really that accurate, all I got to say boys and girls is we are FUBAR.

Then all that will be left is choosing whether to go with pleats or not on the pastel pink skirts.
Definitely the pink skirts...pleats are out!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BonziFan said:
We would not have to give up something big because we can sign him for the mid-level. Nobody has to leave.
It's not about giving up something big. It's about getting something BIG - not big, but BIG!
SAR is NOT - I repeat, NOT - big. And it's not a matter of no one having to leave to get him. He's simply a pawn for the most of us who have a much BIGGER target in mind.

R

R1LOVER

captain bill said:

Bibby/Hart/Price
Bonzi/Martin/Garica
Peja/Thomas/Corliss
SAR/Thomas/Skinner
Miller/Skinner/Sampson

I actually like that roster.... :)

Bricklayer said:

single ply or double?:)

love_them_kings said:
I'm confused. would we have to trade someone for him, or could we pick him up as a free agent? If we traded, who do you think it would be?
We would not have to trade for him. We can just sign him outright.

BonziFan said:
I don't know why everbody cant look at the fact that we are improving. You cant become great without improving first.
Improving, yes, but I think a lot of people are frustrated that the higher-ups don't seem to recognize that this team needs SIZE, TOUGHNESS, and DEFENSE. SAR doesn't seem to fit that bill. We got some toughness in Bonzi, but we're still lacking in the other two.

Diabeticwonder said:
Obviously not as big as the Webber deal, but it's still pretty big nonetheless. Portland has said during their negotiations with NJ that they don't want to take back any players so either we give them a trade exception and a pick or two or there is a third team involved. This also signals the end of Darius or KT since there is no way that they will be on the roster with SAR. I say sign Darius and dump KT for whatever you can get in return.
Reggie Evans or one of Wizards bigs for Songaila/something else if necessary. :)

Both have made it known they have high interest in Songaila.

KT? Who knows.

209KingsFan

BonziFan said:
I don't know why everbody cant look at the fact that we are improving. You cant become great without improving first.
Great post. What I think a lot of people are missing out on is that we ARE improving.

Let's face reality here guys. No one's going to trade the Big Ticket, Harrington, Dalembert, etc. for junk. We are going to have to give up big to get big in return. If the Maloofs want to keep the core intact, then this is the best they are going to get. If nothing else is certain, we will be better than last year's squad, that's for sure.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BonziFan said:
Actually that's not true -- there are a couple of different paths youo can go down -- one leads to greatness but is full of pits and chasms and you can fall down and suck. The other path is much clearer and easier, but deadends at "good". SAR is a clear move down the "good" path. Good like Dallas has been "good" fro most of this decade. Score a ton, win 50-55. make it out of the first round. Get spanked, dismissed, and dissed by the first team on the "great" path we run into. Only way to hop paths after this move will be a major trade. 4/5 of your lineup is soft. That's just sad. What's the percentage on the best teams? Maybe 1/5? Parker for the Spurs. MAYBE Rip for the Pistons, although I'm not sure he's even that soft anymore. Assuming Posey starts, just Jwill for the Heat.

This is not building toward ANYTHING -- with this move, our starting lineup and at least 75% of ouor minutes are accounted for. And they are all middleaged NBA players. This team, assuming it gets SAR, is at good as its going to get right now. And its not a contender. So its either make another move, or see how long you can pull the wool over everybody's eyes with an all scoring all style no substance squad good at beating up regular season patsies.

Last edited: