SAR coming to the Kings discussion (merged)

VF21 said:
If Koz thinks the possibility of acquiring SAR is bigger than the Webber deal, I'm going to slap the crap out of him the next time I see him.
I was just thinking that. I saw the thread title and thought, must be SAR. Saw bigger than Webber and said, please be KG. Can't be SAR.

oh, and 'working on something big' implies trade negotiations, not just talking to a FA. SAR is still a FA, so it can't be him. Unless the Kings plan on trading some big pieces to get him. Then I will be angry, but I would never believe that. All our core pieces are far more valuable than SAR. So it must be KG. IT MUST!!!

Its not KG or SAR, cause were predicting to get them but as you all know Petrie is unpredictable...

I wonder if GP does on purpose to scratch a trade scenario cause it leaked to the media...
just kidding

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BonziFan said:
How could getting Shareef not be a good thing. He is a great player and is hungry to finally be on a winning team.
You might want to check in the NBA forum. There is a lengthy thread about the possible acquisition of SAR...

For the record? Acquiring someone via free agency is NOT something as big as the Webber deal.

Where's Pixel? Why hasn't he given us the update on Koz's hunch?

I mean.... no, SAR is not as good as Chris Webber, and it's not going to turn the franchise around like Webber did. But Shareef Abdur-Rahim would be the biggest free agency acquisition since Divac. And what's most important about acquiring a player like him through free agency is that it's creating value. For the last several years we've just been turning over our existing talent into different talent. We haven't really added to the equation, except through shrewd moves. SAR adds completely because we wouldn't have to give up anything to get him. It would be the first major influx of talent without a trade since Webber, Divac and Williams.

So, I'd say that signing SAR would be up there with the Webber trade, but of course it's hyperbole to suggest that they're equal.

Koz, just said he was told by a top ranking official, that within the next 24-48 hrs that Shareef will be a member of the 05-06 Kings' roster.

R

R1LOVER

kg is next - mark my words.............. not saying who is leaving but - this will happen....:(

Čarolija said:
Its not KG people. Please some reality.

It would be great but it ain't happening
shh...you're spoiling our fun.

And Bonzi Fan and nbrans- I've been in the minority on this board defending SAR, and I would be furious if this was "something as big as the Webber deal." One, that's insulting and a huge let down. Two, we would be giving something big up to get him, which would make me quickly sour to the aquisition. And three, SAR is nowhere near the type of player we get in a deal comprable to the Webber one, especially with Petrie at the helm.

And as an aside, I seem to remember something similar to this being said a while back, someone said "big news is coming" on the radio then things got real quite and it just fizzled. This time, though, KG WILL COME!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, that was much ado about nothing.

SAR is gonna be a King. Oh, unbridled glee and rapture.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, Koz - that is NOT earth-shattering news. Apparently, Koz - the employee of Maloof Sports - is simply doing what he's paid to do.

T

thesanityannex

BLNINJA #81 said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I stuck around to hear that.....
glad i just got on and didn't have to wait like the rest of you. lol.

whatever about the big news. SAR is at least an upgrade of K.T.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
heh -- as usual we did not need the local Sacto media to break anything here -- as soon as NJ ****ed up the Reef deal it became pretty obvious to many of us where it was headed.

Obviously not as big as the Webber deal, but it's still pretty big nonetheless. Portland has said during their negotiations with NJ that they don't want to take back any players so either we give them a trade exception and a pick or two or there is a third team involved. This also signals the end of Darius or KT since there is no way that they will be on the roster with SAR. I say sign Darius and dump KT for whatever you can get in return.