Sacramento Kings GM Monte McNair has agreed on a contract extension.

what you got cooking there brewmeister smith?

IPA and a dopplebock (Ayinger Celebrator clone). Czech Pils and another IPA on deck. My first batch was when my son was a year old, 17 years ago. Might have to come up with a beer to match this current team. Been thinking about that, either a Belgian, ESB, Saison, or IPA.

Somehow a British Mild or Nut Brown Ale just doesn't seem to match....

IPA and a dopplebock (Ayinger Celebrator clone). Czech Pils and another IPA on deck. My first batch was when my son was a year old, 17 years ago. Might have to come up with a beer to match this current team. Been thinking about that, either a Belgian, ESB, Saison, or IPA.

I’m a “super taster”. Let me know if you need any assistance.

I think having the stability of GM and his coach now on the same timeline and establishing the stability may improve the ability to restain not only Domas, but also Harrison (who i continue to maintain is the 3rd most important player on this team and theold man stabilizer). I know that multiple players have said they rely on his leadership and advice off the court, none more so the his fellow iowa nativ le and our rook Keegan.
Do we know they are on the same timeline? I saw nothing on years yet.

View attachment 11495
I wasnt old enough to drink quite yet. I still have my ticket to the last playoff win in our history. How sad is this? Also the song at the top of the charts was bad day by daniel powder
I was in Row B just below you.
I was many rows behind you both, and not necessarily in the same section.

The final seconds of the game prior to this one, though, was as wild as they got back then (well, maybe not as wild as game 5 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals).

Kings playoff basketball...I miss those days.

It's wild to think that we are on the brink of experiencing that once again. I'm not going to actually believe it until I see it with my own damn eyes (hopefully in person in about 3 months).

For those of you who weren't old enough (yet) to remember the good times we all had back in the old barn, or who entered this world after the good times had already passed, you missed out. I don't think I can accurately explain exactly what you missed out on. Because you pretty much HAD to be around during that time to truly know, understand and, above all, appreciate what we had, and what we were experiencing.

However, don't worry about missing out on those days. Because you're here now. And you're about to experience something special. Allow me to offer up some advice, if I may....Soak it in. Enjoy the ride. You'll never regret that you did.

:p:p:p

If the Kings win the Championship I'll donate 2 X 5 gallon kegs to the party of the boards choosing a style.
what you got cooking there brewmeister smith?

@PorchSurfin, I am going to hold you to your promise, lol!!! :p:p:p

It's 3 years according to reports, lining up with Brown's contract.

What a damn concept. Only took Vivek 9 years to line up his 2 most important basketball ops employees on the same contract timeline
At least it ONLY took him 9 years. If he didn't put his damn ego aside when he did, we could have easily been looking at another 9 years before we would have been able to see something that even remotely represents what we currently have to work with.

And, even then, I am not quite sure we'd still be THIS good...

Awesome news.

We finally found our new Petrie and Adelman in Monte and Mike Brown
Almost poetic that the next good (potentially great) Kings team plays exactly the same way as the golden era Kings do. Unselfish, team first basketball with beautiful passing and a modern twist of 3>2 so we launch more of those shots. Would be incredible to finish what that team just fell short of doing

I have a couple buddies that brew. Less the last few years. One does a Zombie Dust clone at Halloween.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, for what it's all worth at this point, they last reported for duty on 1/8/23...
If that's the last we see of him, comparing PJ Dozier to Doug Christie and complaining that Monte didn't trade down to draft both Jalen Williams and Dyson Daniels somehow because he's a middle manager is a hell of a way to go out.

May this be the start of another 8 + year playoff appearance and DEEP playoff runs to the promise land. We get to that point, and we'll never ever have to think about who we passed on in any previous drafts. I certainly wont give a damn about that
....and eliminate Luka in the playoffs every year...until he asks for a trade from Dallas.

Wow!
This was the one sign I was waiting for. I’ve wanted to get excited about the franchise but I was dreading some kangz move like letting mcnair walk or pissing him off that would derail all the good that’s been going down lately. This is a great sign. I remember moves like this that got long time suffering 49ers fans excited that maybe the team was moving in the right direction. Look where they are now! I only hope the kings end up on the same place as the 49ers…….
So happy today!

Thank goodness Vivek re-signed the Middle Manager Monte McNair before the Kings took off after the ALL-Star Break!

Could you imagine the angst this board would of had if Monte wasn't secured by now? :eek:
It's funny, for those of us who presumed he was just maximizing the value of his hand, it appears he left some money on the table.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I hope we're still talking about this Monte McNair and Mike Brown pairing in 10 years. It's been a very bumpy ride to get here, but it feels like we've finally found an identity we can build around and now it's just a matter of making adjustments to a formula which is already working. The Rick Adelman era lasted 8 years and could have lasted much longer if not for Maloofian bafoonery. For all his questionable exuberance as a new owner, Vivek seems like a guy who knows a good thing when he sees it.