Sacramento Kings GM Monte McNair has agreed on a contract extension.

I haven't been this happy as a Kings fan since 2004 when we were somehow rolling before Webber returned and the chemistry went downhill lol. This is AWESOME! Props to our owner Vivek who rightfully got a lot of criticism and actually listened rather than doubling down on stupid moves and being stubborn just for the sake of doing so. I'm gonna give him props for not only saving our team once, but, apparently twice, just for the simple fact that he's moved out of the way and let this staff cook.

LIGHT. THE. BEAM.
I haven't been this happy as a Kings fan since the night of May 28, 2002

I was expecting it to be for a little longer (like 5 years), but I can understand, and get behind, the logic of only extending Monte for 3 years. Go to the playoffs 3 straight years, with gradual progression each year, and earn yourself another extension, and nice contract.

Anything short? Reevaluate and adjust the terms of the contract/extension accordingly.

Personally, I am perfectly fine with 3 years. Based on what I've seen so far, I fully expect Monte to "play" his way into another extension in about 3 years from now.

I was expecting it to be for a little longer (like 5 years), but I can understand, and get behind, the logic of only extending it for three. Go to the playoffs three straight years, with gradual progression each year, and earn yourself another extension, and nice contract.

Anything short? Reevaluate and adjust the terms of the contract/extension accordingly.

Personally, I am perfectly fine with three years. Based on what I've seen so far, I fully expect Monte to "play" his way into another extension in about three years from now.
Puts him on the exact timeline as Brown which is all anybody has been asking for.

Jamal and a certain energy vampire who I don't think even goes to this school any more had a wager that we were assured would be paid out this time for reals  that Monte would be canned by the trade deadline or all star break. I don't remember which one and I don't think it matters because we've all seen this movie before.
Energy vampire lmao

May this be the start of another 8 + year playoff appearance and DEEP playoff runs to the promise land. We get to that point, and we'll never ever have to think about who we passed on in any previous drafts. I certainly wont give a damn about that
May this be the start of a (multiple) championship run. We get to that point, and anything else that has happened since 1985 won't mean a damn thing.

And here's my regular reminder that Monte McNair did not give up a single first round pick to acquire Domantas Sabonis, undisputed team leader and straw-that-stirs-the-proverbial-drink, a double-double monster and nightly triple-double threat, likely All-Star and All-NBA selection, and unlikely party crasher to the fringes of the 2023 NBA MVP discussion. Well done, Monte, and keep building this thing.

And...

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Kings are working to finalize a new deal with assistant GM Wes Wilcox too, source said. McNair and Wilcox have worked closely together in reshaping the organization into a Western Conference contender.
Let’s not forget to give Wes some love, who I strongly suspect was instrumental in keeping the Hawks engaged with us in trade talks all last year culminating in a masterful fleecing for one of the final and biggest pieces of our puzzle