[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) @ Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 6, 2-3) 4/28/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A GAME SIX win against the Warriors in the FIRST ROUND of the NBA PLAYOFFS means JUST ONE THING, KINGS FAM BAM...

#BeamTheMuthaEffingLight

JUST.
MUTHA.
EFFING.
BEAM.
THAT.
ISH.

Also...

THREE DOWN!!! THIRTEEN MORE TO GO!!! :p:p:p

Holy Cats. We brought the mighty Ws down a couple of notches. Brilliant coaching. Fox and Monk were stellar. Lyles and Davis deserve special mention. Murray is emerging before our eyes from scared rookie to a major contributor. The team has grown up a lot in the last 4 games. We used our youth and deep bench to run the old tired Ws into the ground. Best Kings game in recent history.

People need to lay off Sabonis. He is doing fine. Looney and Green are a very tough combo to play against.
The Kings showed great determination, shared the ball and played hard. Their defense held the Ws to 99 points. Still a young team that just needs experience and they are growing by leaps and bounds. I am impressed.

Last edited:
I think one thing we haven't addressed in the thread is Davion.. do we continue to limit his playing time for game 7? I love his defense on Curry, but having TD means one extra shooter that the Warriors have to defend.
Yeah this is tough. TD unfortunately has been a one game wonder like every 3 weeks and usually makes you regret giving him a big role following his big game.

My lean is you go right back to a rested Davion to attack a tired Curry. I think GS just wasn't ready for what TD brought intensity wise in game 6. Now that they can scheme for him, it probably won't be as effective.

I wouldn't sit TD, but I think I'd go 10-11 minutes over 20 and get Davion back to 25+

NO MAS! ️️️️️️

Kerr gave up on his team way too soon. Bad optics! That shot of the GSW stars mentally beat to **** with towels on their heads will be the one they use for the SF Chronicle when we beat their asses on Sunday!
I don’t think Kerr gave up on his guys. They are simply worn out and exhausted. He tried to buy them a couple extra minutes of rest. But down 19 with 3:45? Unlikely with the way they were playing. Let’s put it into perspective:

After the timeout Kerr took just before midway in the 4th, Wiggins scored on a lob attempt on an out of bounds play. That was at the 6:50 mark of the 4th quarter. The Warriors scored 3 points the rest of the way. 3 points. Let that sink in. Kerr knew they had no chance, no reason to exhaust his guys more or risk injury to a main contributor.

They thought they had us beat after game 5. We came into their building and gave them a spanking. Win or lose come tomorrow, we turned heads and put everyone on notice. We are here now and we are no joke. There’s not a single person that watches the NBA that really believes the Warriors are a “real” number 6 seed. Defending champs, a dynasty. Everyone knew they would never just lie down. No one expected what has transpired, except Kings fans (and not even all of us, myself included). If we win tomorrow, we enter a new realm. Dynasty crushers, no longer upstarts. We come to win.

Coach Brown's game 6 pregame talk.
"Fox and Sabonis, play the best you can under the circumstances. Just try hard."
"Harrison, there are match-up problems, expect less play unless you are hot."
"Keegan, I've kept you reserved all year, now it is your time. Go do it."
"Kevin, we all know what you can do on and off the ball. Keep at it...it will come."
"Davion, we are going all out on scoring this game. Your time may be restricted."
"Terrance, you are big, strong, quick, and aggressive. Use those skills on their shooters. Foul as needed...no problem."
"Trey, shoot the 3. We need the bigs out of the lane for our drives.
"Malik, your aggression pays off 90% of the time...and this is the time for it. Make it so."
"Team, defense is important but scoring got us where we are. Let it fly tonight and we will live with the results."

As an aside, I read the game thread the next morning after each game and appreciate the "on-the-run" comments. It renews the excitement even though I know the outcome and what is happening next. Thanks guys/gals for the entertainment.

Coach Brown ready to unleash Richaun Holmes as our secret weapon in game 7 to blow them out by 30 in G1C. o_O;)
No joke man Richaun used to flourish against GS along with Davis. He got good games matching up with Greene with his push shot in the mid range But he wasn't the same since the eye injury though. It would be good to get him minutes if there's some room in Game 7, depends on intensity the warriors bring.

Mike Brown is the best coach we’ve had since Rick Adelman. He has the respect and admiration of the players. So many youngsters with a real coach to mold them. Time will tell if he becomes better than Adelman. I hope he does. Our team under Adelman was better IMHO, but so we’re our opponents. The Stockton Malone Jazz, The Shaq Kobe Lakers….I look forward to the POTENTIAL of who this team can ultimately be. Oh yeah and btw, Fox is a major STUD.
I rewatched the game this morning with the local feed. In the sequence where de’aaron picked up his tech, he kept arguing through the stoppage in play. They showed a shot of brown say to fox (with the look I give my kids) “get in the ****ing game”. He really does strike the perfect balance between allowing freedom, holding the team responsible and getting on their asses when it’s needed. After that moment, I don’t remember fox jawing that much with the officials or the warrior players. It’s the little things that make a difference.

Let me also say that Kayte has grown leaps and bounds as a color analyst. A lot more technical analysis of the game than what we got with the national broadcast. She is really quite good in my opinion.

I rewatched the game this morning with the local feed. In the sequence where de’aaron picked up his tech, he kept arguing through the stoppage in play. They showed a shot of brown say to fox (with the look I give my kids) “get in the ****ing game”. He really does strike the perfect balance between allowing freedom, holding the team responsible and getting on their asses when it’s needed. After that moment, I don’t remember fox jawing that much with the officials or the warrior players. It’s the little things that make a difference.

Let me also say that Kayte has grown leaps and bounds as a color analyst. A lot more technical analysis of the game than what we got with the national broadcast. She is really quite good in my opinion.
Kayte is fantastic at her job. I also really enjoys the fact that she'll call things as they are and won't make excuses for the players, but she knows how to turn it up a notch and be a big time homer for the Kings. Watching playoffs games this series with her commentary has been a joy

Major credit to the scouting team and the coaching staff. I was lamenting how the Warriors’ edge was in that regard over the course of the series. Apparently, Brown admitted that his analytics guys pushed him hard to go smaller and he finally relented after game 5. Not many teams have a culture where the scouting team is empowered to push on the coach. Says a lot on Brown and his supporting team!

Kayte is fantastic at her job. I also really enjoys the fact that she'll call things as they are and won't make excuses for the players, but she knows how to turn it up a notch and be a big time homer for the Kings. Watching playoffs games this series with her commentary has been a joy
Completely agree. As a new Kings fan this year (thanks to drafting Keegan) I have found her to be very enjoyable to listen to. I think Kings fans are lucky to have her.

Plus, her chemistry with Mark is great. Listening to the Mark and Doris combo is very awkward to me. For example, at one point last night of the lakers game Mark was talking about how Lebron could get rest for the upcoming series either against the Kings or Warriors and sort of hyped up game 7 and Doris responded “are we taking about Lebron or are you just taking about Sacramento” and it seemed rude and awkward. Makes me appreciate the Kayte/Mark duo even more.

They thought they had us beat after game 5. We came into their building and gave them a spanking. Win or lose come tomorrow, we turned heads and put everyone on notice. We are here now and we are no joke. There’s not a single person that watches the NBA that really believes the Warriors are a “real” number 6 seed. Defending champs, a dynasty. Everyone knew they would never just lie down. No one expected what has transpired, except Kings fans (and not even all of us, myself included). If we win tomorrow, we enter a new realm. Dynasty crushers, no longer upstarts. We come to win.
Excellent summary. The warriors were perhaps the best matchup for us in the first round because if we beat them it would prove us in the eyes of the national media like no other series could. In fact, they'll have to play us up even more as a way to "explain" how such a Grand Dynasty could have fallen. This is a once in a generation salt deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.