Sac interested in Francis?

piksi

Hall of Famer
unless GP's family is held hostage - no way

solid player with a bad attitude and a horrible contract - perfect for the Knicks

M

MrBiggs

Keep him out. We already have a scoring point guard who can't defend and our's can actually shoot straight.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What exactly would we do with Franchise? Trade Bibby for him? That would be dubious. Trade for him to start him next to Bibby as a mini-OG ahead of Kevin? Also dubious. Make him into a super 6th man ala Bobby? Intriguing in a cracked sort of way, but not in a million years would Stevie accept it, and no way in hell you could justify it with his contract.

This is another situation where, if there is any truth at all, the Kings are probably getting involved as a third team. If Denver wanted to deal directly to Orlando for Francis they probably don't have anything Orlando would want. They have Darko now at the 5 so they wouldn't want Nene, and they have a million point guards so they wouldn't want Watson. Doubtful they want any other assets of Denver's. However, if the Kings were to facilitate the deal they could chip in with Bonzi's expiring deal and others. This would be the most likely way the Kings would be able to land both Watson and Nene.

Something like this:

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Bonzi Wells
6-5 SG from Ball State
14.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 3.1 apg in 34.4 minutes
Brian Skinner
6-9 PF from Baylor
2.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.3 minutes
Incoming
Earl Watson
6-1 PG from UCLA
7.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.5 apg in 21.6 minutes
Nene Hilario
6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: -9.2 ppg, -8.7 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Earl Watson
6-1 PG from UCLA
7.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.5 apg in 21.6 minutes
Voshon Lenard
6-4 SG from Minnesota
8.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 19.9 minutes
Nene Hilario
6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes
Incoming
Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
16.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 5.7 apg in 37.9 minutes
Stacey Augmon
6-8 SG from UNLV
1.6 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 9.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +1.9 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and +1.3 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
16.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 5.7 apg in 37.9 minutes
Stacey Augmon
6-8 SG from UNLV
1.6 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 9.2 minutes
Incoming
Bonzi Wells
6-5 SG from Ball State
14.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 3.1 apg in 34.4 minutes
Brian Skinner
6-9 PF from Baylor
2.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.3 minutes
Voshon Lenard
6-4 SG from Minnesota
8.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 19.9 minutes
Change in team outlook: +7.3 ppg, +6.6 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Bricklayer

As an aside, this works salarywise:

Bonzi + KT

for

Steve Francis

Then you have

C- Miller
PF- Reef
SF- Artest
OG- Martin
PG- Bibby

6th- Francis??
7th- Garcia
8th- Skinner

er...lot of talent there but??

Bricklayer said:
As an aside, this works salarywise:

Bonzi + KT

for

Steve Francis

Then you have

C- Miller
PF- Reef
SF- Artest
OG- Martin
PG- Bibby

6th- Francis??
7th- Garcia
8th- Skinner

er...lot of talent there but??
Hmm... follow that up with Bibby and Garcia for Paul Pierce and you'd have Francis/Pierce/Artest/Reef/Miller. Looks interesting on paper!

Bricklayer

nbrans said:
Hmm... follow that up with Bibby and Garcia for Paul Pierce and you'd have Francis/Pierce/Artest/Reef/Miller. Looks interesting on paper!
Well, again though we likely fall into that paper lineup trap. Just an inconceivable number of shots needed there in that starting lineup. Figured Francis was bad enough, but Francis and Pierce? Egads. Great players, but need the ball. A LOT. As does Ron. And Reef. And Miller to be effective. And... ;)

If the NBA would just loosen some of its tightass rules though and allow us to play with 5 balls, well then we'd kick ***!

lower your crack pipes guys. :\ I like Bricks idea, but he's worse than KT in the "whining" dept. He would be pretty good as an undersized SG. Excellent as a 6th man. I would probably put Bibby as the SG since I think he's the better shooter and has been the "acting" SG as of late when Garcia is in.