Rockets @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VF21 said:
They were going to lose one sooner or later. I'm not very upset about this one... sure I would have loved to see a win but realistically we just couldn't match up with Yao and Deke both having very good games...
Also, Tmac and Mike James having great games too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hubie Brown made a very good point. He said last Sunday they talked to Adelman before the game and Rick didn't know what was going to happen. How would the new guys fit in, etc. Now, a week later the new Kings are 3 out of 4. That is NOT bad at all.

Darn! We lost! :(

Good game though. Hard to stop a lot of their players especially when they were shooting hot and even making tough shots. Also, lots of credits to Rockets. They made shots when Kings got a run...making sure Kings couldn't get anything going.

Magics this Tuesday...COME ON KINGS!! Let's get back to the Win column there! :)

Brian 3-7 6 points 11 boards 2 steals and a block what more can you ask of the guy. No defense, and bad shooting nights for bibby and mobley is why the kings lost the game.

mazzystar said:
Brian 3-7 6 points 11 boards 2 steals and a block what more can you ask of the guy. No defense, and bad shooting nights for bibby and mobley is why the kings lost the game.
Most of that was in the second half too. If it wasn't for Him and Cat we wouldn't have even been in the game. I think he had 1 reb at the half.

KP said:
The team we played had more talent thats all.
mazzystar said:
^I agree with both statements.

mazzystar said:
The position where Tracy McGrady missed a shot and the ball was going out of bounds, Skinner decides to try and get the ball, but he can't and it goes off him. That cost The Kings the game.

The poor transition defense hurt us and that bonehead move of putting Corliss at center which gave Houston their 15-17 point lead is what cost us the game.

piksi

Hall of Famer
xrzn said:
Brian Skinner cost us the game.
Blame a guy who gave his best
:rolleyes:

we lost because their back court killed/destroyed/murdered our non existent back court.

Oh and Houston is just more talented team at the moment

VF21 said:
Hubie Brown made a very good point. He said last Sunday they talked to Adelman before the game and Rick didn't know what was going to happen. How would the new guys fit in, etc. Now, a week later the new Kings are 3 out of 4. That is NOT bad at all.
Agree.

The only bad thing is we losed to the team who is chasing us in the playoffs race.

piksi said:
Blame a guy who gave his best
:rolleyes:

we lost because their back court killed/destroyed/murdered our non existent back court.

Oh and Houston is just more talented team at the moment
True that. Least the guy hustles and plays D.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
swisshh said:
The poor transition defense hurt us and that bonehead move of putting Corliss at center which gave Houston their 15-17 point lead is what cost us the game.
Yeah, I'm sure that was it. Not the fact we were playing arguably the hottest team in the NBA who had just come off a 20-point win in Phoenix.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The Houston Rockets started the season very poorly. Once Yao and McGrady got it together and involved the scrubs, and they picked up Deke to back up Yao, they have turned into a MUCH better team. They are on a roll and beating contenders. They killed Phoenix. We played them very well without Brad...IMHO.

Houston will be a surprise in the playoffs. Keep an eye on them. They are playing better than most people give them credit for. In spite of all that....

GO KINGS!!!

Skinner gave us what seemed like MANY second chance opportunities to score so he can't be blamed. We just ran into a very hot rockets team who made tough shot after tough shot. The team turned the ball over at pivitol points in the game and it cost them. Considering how bad our guards shot the ball I thought the team played a hard fought game.

KP said:
The team we played had more talent thats all.
BINGO. Unfortunately with all our injuries we might not have enough to contend with some of teams talent wise; that is heart and grit is all about. Lets see what this team is made of the in the next month and a half.

Last edited:
Since93 said:
Agree.

The only bad thing is we losed to the team who is chasing us in the playoffs race.
And... to be the 6th seed is not bad. However, I don't want to see Kings join in the party for chasing the 8th seed.

OurYear said:
Skinner gave us what seemed like MANY second chance opportunities to score so he can't be blamed. We just ran into a very hot rockets team who made tough shot after tough shot. The team turned the ball over at pivitol points in the game and it cost them. Considering how bad our guards shot the ball I thought the team played a hard fought game.
I agree. This game could have been a blowout but Kings kept hanging tough in there and I'm glad for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.