[Game] Rockets @ Kings - Friday, 11/6/15 - 7:30 PT, 10:30 ET

dude12

Hall of Famer
Hilarious that the only people that keep bringing up the McLemore/Anderson dynamic are the ones who keep backing McLemore......and yeah, it's probably in jest, but it's not really that funny when the guy your backing continues to be disappointing........ooooops, there I just set off another round of banter where the pro-McLemore crowd will
A) deflect by ripping Bellinelli
B) deflect by crapping on Anderson
C) deflect by pointing out Karl doesn't know a good young SG when he sees one
D) deflect by deflecting
E) all of the above

:)

But here's the real poll:
Is there a better chance that Ben....
A) plays well
B) dribbles off his knee at some point in the game
C) fouls a 3 point shooter
D) all of the above

I would like for it to be A......but I'll take D if it means he plays well.

Hilarious that the only people that keep bringing up the McLemore/Anderson dynamic are the ones who keep backing McLemore......and yeah, it's probably in jest, but it's not really that funny when the guy your backing continues to be disappointing........ooooops, there I just set off another round of banter where the pro-McLemore crowd will
D) deflect by deflecting
E) all of the above

A) plays well
D) all of the above

Dude......

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The funniest thing about this whole McLemore situation to me is that each "side" appears to rather stupidly believe that the other "side's" argument can be boiled down to a couple of asinine bullet points, and neither "side" is willing to see all of the excluded middle ground. There is a lot of straw-manning going on, from both camps, and plenty of snark to go around... I do not exclude myself from any of the above.

The difference, from my point of view, is that one "side" appears to be more mean-spirited than the other one. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which one is which.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So what garbage men are left to go off on our listless crew?

If we don't win tonight.... yikes
Agreed. The Cousins excuse didn't work with Memphis when Gasol went out; it certainly won't work with Howard, Beverly and Jones out. They better win tonight.

Start James Anderson at SG. Anderson has the best chance of slowing Harden down. If we can contain Harden to under 28 points, we have a good chance of winning tonight.

PF WCS
SF Gay
C Koufos
SG Anderson
PG Rondo

I think we have a chance to WIN this one tonight.

Come'on Kings! You can do it!

Speaking of Anderson, is this Houston - Kings game preview describing the same Anderson we have on our roster, or is this a misprint?:

"Anderson didn't play last season, but in the previous year while in Philadelphia he killed the Rockets to the tune of a 33 points per game average. So yeah, he's a little scary."

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2015/11/6/9680240/houston-rockets-vs-sacramento-kings-game-preview

D) deflect by deflecting
E) all of the above

A) plays well
D) all of the above

To be fair, I can't recall anyone arguing Karl doesn't know a good SG when he sees one. A good big man? Sure.

Personally, I'd sure like to see at least one SG not play terribly. Anderson was a superstar for about 3 straight minutes last game. That was exciting, and basically the highlight for the SG trio (and the last two games). And then back to the usual (including ALL SGs).

Fun fact, which I mean neither as a deflection or defense of Ben, but Ben is shooting better from the field than both Bellinelli and Anderson. He's been rather impossibly bad at everything else. Didn't know PER could go that low.

We've got a SG problem as a team.

Speaking of Anderson, did anyone else notice last game Grant seems to think he started 62 games for Philly last season? I definitely heard him claim that. Way to be aware Grant.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Speaking of Anderson, did anyone else notice last game Grant seems to think he started 62 games for Philly last season? I definitely heard him claim that. Way to be aware Grant.
I heard that and was instantly confused. Wasn't he in Europe?

Edit: Just checked. He did start 62 games for the 76ers... In the 13/14 season.

dude12

Hall of Famer
The funniest thing about this whole McLemore situation to me is that each "side" appears to rather stupidly believe that the other "side's" argument can be boiled down to a couple of asinine bullet points, and neither "side" is willing to see all of the excluded middle ground. There is a lot of straw-manning going on, from both camps, and plenty of snark to go around... I do not exclude myself from any of the above.

The difference, from my point of view, is that one "side" appears to be more mean-spirited than the other one. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which one is which.
Haha...I see that rather stupidly part you put in there and asinine bullet points.....but I also see that you put in that you do not exclude yourself from the above. Ok.

dude12

Hall of Famer
We all want to win. We just see different ways to that path. Or different causes for losing. But we're all Kings fans and that's the side I'm on and I'll leave it at that.
I think everyone here is a Kings fan and wants all or any of the players to do well......I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Start James Anderson at SG. Anderson has the best chance of slowing Harden down. If we can contain Harden to under 28 points, we have a good chance of winning tonight.

PF WCS
SF Gay
C Koufos
SG Anderson
PG Rondo

I think we have a chance to WIN this one tonight.

Come'on Kings! You can do it!
I don't know about playing 2 bigs unless WCS can dominate the boards. Vs okc they startered
Lawson, Thortan,Harden, Ariza, D12
We might have to go small on them and Gay better have his adds planted in the post.

Speaking of Anderson, is this Houston - Kings game preview describing the same Anderson we have on our roster, or is this a misprint?:

"Anderson didn't play last season, but in the previous year while in Philadelphia he killed the Rockets to the tune of a 33 points per game average. So yeah, he's a little scary."

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2015/11/6/9680240/houston-rockets-vs-sacramento-kings-game-preview

All kinds of misprints.

"Collison usually plays well against the Rockets, but Harden will be happy not to see Ben McLemore starting since McLemore gave him fits last season on both ends of the court"

To be fair, I can't recall anyone arguing Karl doesn't know a good SG when he sees one. A good big man? Sure.

Personally, I'd sure like to see at least one SG not play terribly. Anderson was a superstar for about 3 straight minutes last game. That was exciting, and basically the highlight for the SG trio (and the last two games). And then back to the usual (including ALL SGs).

Fun fact, which I mean neither as a deflection or defense of Ben, but Ben is shooting better from the field than both Bellinelli and Anderson. He's been rather impossibly bad at everything else. Didn't know PER could go that low.

A lot of arguments against PER. Less shots you take per minute, the less your PER. Play 10 minutes, take 2 shots and get 2 personal fouls and your PER is blown. Play 30 minutes go 7 for 20 shooting with no fouls and you're all good.

I don't really want to go there though. You can make or find stats to support whatever you want.