[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Friday, 2/9 - 7:30 PT

No no, i am Kings Fan for long time...Since Bibby and Webber...With all my heart i wish Sacramento play like in that period...Love Buddy, Mason also have great potential...Wcs is great and Coufus with that soft hand...Just cant see someone like Fox destroying team bcs he is selfish...He is not Westrbook and if he wanna progress he must learn to play team game.Sorry for my
english
Part of the problem is he is not that good at finishing yet, but he is athletic enough to create shots for himself, and for him to progress he need to take those shots. I love buddy, bogs, and mason, but keep in mind all three of those players are 3+ years older than fox.

Fox’s development is important for the Kings future, as we are not a good team this year, so I think it’s good for him to have the ball in his hands a lot.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Lillard drops 50 on Fox and all he does about is laugh around, need to see more toughness and hate for the opponent. Too much mister nice guy won't get him, Jackson or Buddy anywhere in this league.

Gyus i dont hate anybody...I watch every game and this is not first game where he is awful.Ok he is rookie but 2.3 turnovers per game and just 11 points per game thats bad.I think he can play much better but he need to have discipline and focus much better on game.I blame coach for that, must go on bench next game if make just one mistake.Obradovic and other coaches do not tolerate that.Bogdan have that stability because of that, and he can play much much better but he will because he work on his game all the time.Second or third year Bogdan will explode and Fox i hope so

Gyus i dont hate anybody...I watch every game and this is not first game where he is awful.Ok he is rookie but 2.3 turnovers per game and just 11 points per game thats bad.I think he can play much better but he need to have discipline and focus much better on game.I blame coach for that, must go on bench next game if make just one mistake.Obradovic and other coaches do not tolerate that.Bogdan have that stability because of that, and he can play much much better but he will because he work on his game all the time.Second or third year Bogdan will explode and Fox i hope so
Doesn't work that way in the NBA. Has been proven time and time again that young guys need to be allowed to play through their mistakes, especially if on an overall young team rather than a winning team. If every young guy is pulled after one mistake we'd be left playing ZBo GT and Vince 45mins

Lillard drops 50 on Fox and all he does about is laugh around, need to see more toughness and hate for the opponent. Too much mister nice guy won't get him, Jackson or Buddy anywhere in this league.
See, posts like these are the reason I thought Fox was completely getting destroyed. But actually watching the game, Fox maybe allowed at most half of Liliards points with the other half scored on GT and others.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think his point is Fox needs to learn how to run a team. He should use his speed to break down defenses and create looks for open shooters. Something he does far to infrequently. With Buddy and Bogdan on the wings and good shooters Fox has to get better at it or he’s a 2 guard that can’t shoot.

It’s early and he’s young but the criticism is fair.
He's a rookie who just turned 20 years old. He's learning rapidly. The criticism is only fair if you acknowledge that you're judging him by pretty high standards.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No no, i am Kings Fan for long time...Since Bibby and Webber...With all my heart i wish Sacramento play like in that period...Love Buddy, Mason also have great potential...Wcs is great and Coufus with that soft hand...Just cant see someone like Fox destroying team bcs he is selfish...He is not Westrbook and if he wanna progress he must learn to play team game.Sorry for my english
Don't ever feel that you have to apologize for your English. I can't imagine trying to post on a Serbian board. :) I think you're doing quite well.

I do think you're being way too harsh on Fox at this point in his career. He is learning to play a team game and he's got very good court vision. Comparing him to Westbrook? Come on. That's a lot of pressure to put on a 20-year-old rookie.

He's a rookie who just turned 20 years old. He's learning rapidly. The criticism is only fair if you acknowledge that you're judging him by pretty high standards.
Sure I’m judging by NBA point guard standards. Let’s all acknowledge making the NBA could be the hardest task in sports. The entire world now plays the sport. And unlike soccer it has one main league.

So is the bar astronomically high? Absolutely but it’s not like Fox doesn’t have the tools to get there.

Jesus Christ. One bad defensive performance and Fox goes from hero to zero.
People just can't recognize things for what they are. Even the Kings announcers fall into the trap all the time. Grant and Jerry referring to Lillard's performance as witnessing "greatness" made me want to vomit day glo.

It wasn't greatness. It was a hot night. Nothing more.

In the NBA, that kind of thing happens. Sacramento fans once saw Tony Delk score 53 at ARCO when he was a member of Phoenix Suns. Sure, Damian Lillard is an all-star level talent than Delk never was, but the point remains the same. Lillard will be the same player next game out but won't score 50 because the shots that were falling last night don't always fall like that.

It was just a case of a very good player getting hot. Even Garrett Temple -- known for his defense -- couldn't do anything to affect him. People railing on FOX need to relax.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
See, posts like these are the reason I thought Fox was completely getting destroyed. But actually watching the game, Fox maybe allowed at most half of Liliards points with the other half scored on GT and others.
Fair enough. I was annoyed of watching Lillard score at will and with no Kings player going up in his grill and hacking him, roughing him up a bit so therefore I didn't see the entire game but the point remains the same whether its Fox's responsibility or the help or the entire team mindset.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fair enough. I was annoyed of watching Lillard score at will and with no Kings player going up in his grill and hacking him, roughing him up a bit so therefore I didn't see the entire game but the point remains the same whether its Fox's responsibility or the help or the entire team mindset.
So basically you're saying you didn't watch the whole game because you got tired of seeing Lillard score without being roughed up and it's somehow Fox's fault - or that of the whole team for not having the mindset you want?

The Kings are not gonna start hacking a player and roughing him up just for amusement. The guy was on fire. You cheap shot him at that point and you know what happens? His teammates remember and the next time you play them, your guy just might be on the receiving end of some of that hacking and roughing up.

It's probably a really good thing you're not a Raptors fan, or at least weren't a Raptors fan back in 2006. You might not have survived.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So basically you're saying you didn't watch the whole game because you got tired of seeing Lillard score without being roughed up and it's somehow Fox's fault - or that of the whole team for not having the mindset you want?

The Kings are not gonna start hacking a player and roughing him up just for amusement. The guy was on fire. You cheap shot him at that point and you know what happens? His teammates remember and the next time you play them, your guy just might be on the receiving end of some of that hacking and roughing up.

It's probably a really good thing you're not a Raptors fan, or at least weren't a Raptors fan back in 2006. You might not have survived.
Maybe you are fine with the Kings players getting punked and then laughing and smiling about it, but not I. If a player continues to make a fool out of you, do something about it. Get the ball out of his hands, hack him a few times, make the player know your presence rather than a cone in practice. Too many soft players on this team, I sure hope the new draft pick and Harry can bring some much needed toughness to the roster next season.