RIP Kobe - tributes and condolences

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I’ve never taken the death of a celebrity or athlete this hard. Nothing close to it.

It’s just incredibly tragic for both him and his family. He was transcendent. He had so much more to give and so much more life to live.

This is shocking for me n my college buddies. Around the same age, used to see him around campus all the time, passing way, way too soon. RIP Mamba n Gigi.

What campus? They used to practice occasionally over at Loyola Marymount when I went there
UCLA. Men’s gym open runs (still going strong today; most NBA players summer scrimmages are there) n Magic used to reserve the courts at Wooden (student gym). So I personally ran into him a dozen or so times on n around campus. Never said anything to him. Just walked by.

Per TMZ, looking like fog disorientated the pilot, who flew the helicopter into a mountain. Would think that with today’s technology, GPS n maps (Waze for air travel?) should’ve been able to avoid the tragedy. Sad n speechless.

UCLA. Men’s gym open runs (still going strong today; most NBA players summer scrimmages are there) n Magic used to reserve the courts at Wooden (student gym). So I personally ran into him a dozen or so times on n around campus. Never said anything to him. Just walked by.
Nice. Was down there from97-01

Per TMZ, looking like fog disorientated the pilot, who flew the helicopter into a mountain. Would think that with today’s technology, GPS n maps (Waze for air travel?) should’ve been able to avoid the tragedy. Sad n speechless.
Yea that's a little strange. Apparently Kobe flew via helicopter very frequently. Like very, very frequently. I can't imagine it's the first time they would've encountered fog.

Regardless, we'll just have to wait for the investigation to finish. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because you can't take it back. It's tragic and nothing can be done now.