Report: Sam Cassell is a King

I can't believe this is all we'll do in the next 48+ hours, but at least it was a start... More names are moving that we have been tied to, maybe this will push us in different directions or accept other deals... I actually don't mind this trade even though I fully expect him to be cut, but if for whatever reason he does stay around maybe he can help foster a sort of Culture change with Bjax and mentor some of our younger guys

I don't expect to ever see Cassell in a Kings uniform. The only issue is tying up a roster spot and whether that prevents some other move. Obviously we can't take in more players than we send out now. Two more days. *sigh*

Hopefully there is a Miller + ? for one player trade going down somewhere and Cassell will be around until another warm body can be found.

Not really sure why this was done. Maloofs have indicated they wanted to cut costs but they just added Cassell at 1.3 million. I realize that the Celtics are giving us cash but if this is the only move this team does than Petrie needs to be shown the door.....

Just kind of recapping what some other people already said in here ..

Easily just a money move / favor. Odd's are Boston will never see that pick, and if they do, it wont be for a long time. Cassell will never play here, in fact, I doubt he'll even take a trip to sacramento. Radio stations in Boston seem to think he'll be waived ASAP and return to the celts in a coaching / chemistry role .. He hasnt played a minute all year.

And now we finally have two of the most nasty non-earthlings.

The Alien .....

and the Predator....

What a way to end the season. A blockbuster indeed!

Last edited:
"We are from France." :p
Haha, well, if we have any lawnmowers that need to be fixed...

Anyways, did we wave him or not? I actually hope not, simply because that would mean that it wasn't purely a cash-oriented move, and actually had some strategic purpose. If the Maloofs are tightening the purse-strings...oh boy, that has bad news written all over it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I disagree that the Maloofs tightening the purse strings is necessarily a bad thing. What it will do is force us to go with the young players, which is what a lot of us wanted... It's exciting to think of a game that will have Martin and Garcia as the oldest players on the court.

:)