Prospects that are projected to be drafted in the 2nd round:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a camp invite/hope he falls out of the 2nd type to me. In the 2nd round there could be some better guarantees at the Kings pick. Greg Brown could drop, Isaiah Mobley could be there. Jericho Sims will probably rise but he could be there. BJ Boston could be there if he stays in. The Kings have a decent shot to find some 1st round level prospects in the 2nd this year like they did last year.
I think if Onu gets the sense that he'll go undrafted he'll pull his name and transfer to a D1 school for his last year of eligibility. I know he's already entered the transfer portal but I don't know when the deadline is to opt out of the draft.

Looks like a camp invite/hope he falls out of the 2nd type to me. In the 2nd round there could be some better guarantees at the Kings pick. Greg Brown could drop, Isaiah Mobley could be there. Jericho Sims will probably rise but he could be there. BJ Boston could be there if he stays in. The Kings have a decent shot to find some 1st round level prospects in the 2nd this year like they did last year.
I'm not familiar that deep in the draft so you could be right

Bagley is not smart because...he left college to go #2 in the draft?
Apparently. :rolleyes:

I get that for some Kings fans Marvin Bagley III is not actually an NBA basketball player or a 22-year-old human being with all of the attendant flaws that come with youth, but rather an accursed totem named Not Luka. They will never get over it. That said, the vitriolic dismissiveness of Bagley has gone well beyond the pale around these parts. He can't just be a kid with a bit of upside who's struggled at the outset of his career and who has been injured for much of it. He is instead ground zero for the kind of reality-averse fan tantrums that make even Overwrought Teenage Angstâ„¢ look away in embarrassment.

Apparently. :rolleyes:

I get that for some Kings fans Marvin Bagley III is not actually an NBA basketball player or a 22-year-old human being with all of the attendant flaws that come with youth, but rather an accursed totem named Not Luka. They will never get over it. That said, the vitriolic dismissiveness of Bagley has gone well beyond the pale around these parts. He can't just be a kid with a bit of upside who's struggled at the outset of his career and who has been injured for much of it. He is instead ground zero for the kind of reality-averse fan tantrums that make even Overwrought Teenage Angstâ„¢ look away in embarrassment.
Agree with all this - but being a good teammate is something dude needs to work on.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to go into another long monologue about Bagley. Frankly I'm tired of talking about him. I've never had a problem with his play on the court. He put up excellent numbers his first year in the league. I can't blame him for getting injured. But he needed to keep his dam mouth shut, or say the right things. His words sound like the words of a star player, which he isn't. So my advice to Marvin is keep your mouth shut, and walk the walk before you talk the talk.

I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum. You won't see me commenting on how hard he's working or how he gets along with his teammates because I have no idea of either. I only have issues with his on court play.

The stuff they get away with on that show would never fly over here, but I think it is hilarious.

The sense of humour this side of the pond is very different to the US. I would say the US is more tame and PG in general, for these type of shows at least.

The Office being a great example of the differences in humour (and yes the original is by far the best!).

The sense of humour this side of the pond is very different to the US. I would say the US is more tame and PG in general, for these type of shows at least.

The Office being a great example of the differences in humour (and yes the original is by far the best!).
I was introduced to Monty Python when I was a kid and have loved British humor ever since then. The show, Would I lie to you, is really funny as well.

I was introduced to Monty Python when I was a kid and have loved British humor ever since then. The show, Would I lie to you, is really funny as well.
I think Fawlty Towers would be right up your street if you haven't seen that yet. It was before my time but still a classic, I remember seeing repeats when I was a kid.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Roko Prkacin: SF/PF, 6'9.25", 225 Lb's, 6'11" wingspan, 18 yr's old, KK Cibona of the LIGA ABA
27.8 mpg - 13.4 ppg - 49.8% fgp - 40.3% 3pp - 64.9% ftp - 6.7 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.8 stl's.

Many on this forum were hoping to find a hidden gem, perhaps the next Jokic. While Jokic is a center, and I did take a look at a lot of centers, the player that I'm very intrigued by is a SF/PF named Roko Prkacin. I've spent the last couple of days looking at everything I could find on him, including a couple of whole games, and this kid (he's still 18) is very very talented. I think he's first round talented, and yet I couldn't find one mock draft that had him going in the first round. There was one mock that had him going at 34 I believe.

Point being, I think he would be a steal in the 2nd rd. He's a good athlete who will take you off the dribble with a very quick first step. He has excellent handles and loves to post up shorter/smaller players. He a very good post player, and has a variety of mid-range shots from push shots to floaters along with hook shots. He's not a ball stopper either, showing good court vision by finding the open man when doubled. He does most of his scoring in the post below the rim, but he's quite capable of playing above the rim as well. By the way, he shot 40% from the three while averaging 3 a game.

The biggest surprise came on the defensive side of the ball. He's a very good defender with good lateral quickness and instincts. I saw him guard every position on the perimeter and seldom did an opponent get by him. He does tend to bite on a pump fake on occasion, but overall, he was impressive. He's a very smart player knowing when to cut to the basket, or move to the open spot on the floor. Oh, I almost forgot, he's a very good rebounder as well. For a kid that's still 18 years old to be this skilled is rare. Maybe I'm missing something, but if he's sitting there in the 2nd round when our turn comes, I'm taking him. He's exactly what this team needs. A regulation size wing who can play both ends of the floor.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roko Prkacin: SF/PF, 6'9.25", 225 Lb's, 6'11" wingspan, 18 yr's old, KK Cibona of the LIGA ABA
27.8 mpg - 13.4 ppg - 49.8% fgp - 40.3% 3pp - 64.9% ftp - 6.7 rpg - 2.0 apg - 0.8 stl's.

Many on this forum were hoping to find a hidden gem, perhaps the next Jokic. While Jokic is a center, and I did take a look at a lot of centers, the player that I'm very intrigued by is a SF/PF named Roko Prkacin. I've spent the last couple of days looking at everything I could find on him, including a couple of whole games, and this kid (he's still 18) is very very talented. I think he's first round talented, and yet I couldn't find one mock draft that had him going in the first round. There was one mock that had him going at 34 I believe.

Point being, I think he would be a steal in the 2nd rd. He's a good athlete who will take you off the dribble with a very quick first step. He has excellent handles and loves to post up shorter/smaller players. He a very good post player, and has a variety of mid-range shots from push shots to floaters along with hook shots. He's not a ball stopper either, showing good court vision by finding the open man when doubled. He does most of his scoring in the post below the rim, but he's quite capable of playing above the rim as well. By the way, he shot 40% from the three while averaging 3 a game.

The biggest surprise came on the defensive side of the ball. He's a very good defender with good lateral quickness and instincts. I saw him guard every position on the perimeter and seldom did an opponent get by him. He does tend to bite on a pump fake on occasion, but overall, he was impressive. He's a very smart player knowing when to cut to the basket, or move to the open spot on the floor. Oh, I almost forgot, he's a very good rebounder as well. For a kid that's still 18 years old to be this skilled is rare. Maybe I'm missing something, but if he's sitting there in the 2nd round when our turn comes, I'm taking him. He's exactly what this team needs. A regulation size wing who can play both ends of the floor.

Great write up Baja. Kevin O'Connor currently has him 29th on his updated big board but you're right, many have him falling further than that.

What's odd to me is that a lot of mocks had him in the 1st round and then moved him down. Recency bias with NCAA and GLeague players maybe?

I've seen some concerns with his shot mechanics but that seems like nitpicking to me. He doesn't have a picture perfect shot but I don't see any major issues and it goes in.

He hasn't really been on my radar because I figured he'd be gone before the 2nd round but he's super intriguing at 39 if he lasts that long.

Add him to Bones Hyland and Isaiah Todd as guys that I think will (should?) be gone by 39 and yet several mocks have as lasting to the Kings pick in the 2nd round.