[Game] Preseason Lakers @ Kings 10/14/2022 7 pm Pacific/10 pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
TD seems to bring alot of defensive intensity, he can actually create off the dribble a bit and get to the basket very well. Malik seems to be more of a sparkplug type of player that can get hot and shoot from three. They are both prone a bit to turnovers but TD looks a bit more steady than monk in that sense of dribble penetration. TD has developed into a pretty decent player, but Monk has that natural chemistry with Dearron and can play more off ball.. a good problem to have.
Except TD isn't a good defender, he gets beat with bad rotations all the time. Like most of his game, the potential is there (I.E, his rookie year where he was an awesome defender), but he lacked real consistency since then.

I do think he and Monk are similar-ish players on offense though. Monk is a much better shooter and 2 years of positive upward growth of being an excellent offensive player. Both very explosive with their athleticism and have that "30 pt game at any time" sort of microwave streak. While TD is still trying to find that consistency from his rookie season and he's been very poor since then outside of that last 16 game stretch where he got hurt. Right now, it's not really all that close until TD can show that stretch wasn't a fluke. His preseason has been a great sign he's ready to take off again though.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Except TD isn't a good defender, he gets beat with bad rotations all the time. Like most of his game, the potential is there (I.E, his rookie year where he was an awesome defender), but he lacked real consistency since then.

I do think he and Monk are similar-ish players on offense though. Monk is a much better shooter and 2 years of positive upward growth of being an excellent offensive player. Both very explosive with their athleticism and have that "30 pt game at any time" sort of microwave streak. While TD is still trying to find that consistency from his rookie season and he's been very poor since then outside of that last 16 game stretch where he got hurt. Right now, it's not really all that close until TD can show that the 16 game stretch wasn't a fluke. His preseason has been a great sign he's ready to take off again though.
both are imperfect but the fact this season does not hinge on which one becomes Huerter's backup is exciting in itself.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
You can see why Chima has been a riser this off-season. Dude is the embodiment of "I want us to go compete" mantra from Brown.
Brown knows how to build a lineup. You HAVE to have a guy like that if you are gonna ride the stars. He's like a Rudy or something. He may not even be the only one. You hear the guys that kind of ran him out of LA and Cleveland expressed regret about it too. I'm kind of shocked he was available.

Even if it all burns down from here.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
even worse can’t even get a box score when looking it up. Kings doing their best to prevent fans expectations from rising.
the NBA was down all night. not the Kings fault.

also was able to get a fine stream on the NBC Sports app using my Sacramento xfinity account.

*realizing if that's something I could have been doing for years I am big dumb dumb.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Well there's probably some poor bastard in NY working OT because of a computer glitch hand typing stats into the system at 1:30 in the AM. I'm telling you the whole league was messed up while I was streaming the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.