[Game] (preseason) Kings @ Lakers in Anaheim, 10/11/2023 7 pm Pacific, 10 pm Eastern

The shots from 3 have been interesting, in particular on the DHO's. The Kings are shooting way too quickly off of the screen in the first two games. I wonder if that's a hangover effect from the Warriors doubling and pressuring it and causing players like Kevin Huerter to think twice, or if Brown's answer is to quick shoot before pressure comes. The Lakers and the Raptors aren't really hounding those screens so the Kings can get set against this defense.

Also another thing to keep watching are the free throws. So far this looks like a team still entirely dependent on Fox, Barnes, and Domas to draw any contact. Wish Keegan was playing because he could be the answer there if they are indeed going to give him more on ball time this season.

Also another thing to keep watching are the free throws. So far this looks like a team still entirely dependent on Fox, Barnes, and Domas to draw any contact. Wish Keegan was playing because he could be the answer there if they are indeed going to give him more on ball time this season.
I think we are going to see big things from Keegan this year. Mike said that he wants to keep one of Fox and Sabonis on the court at all times and then he said Keegan is almost to that point as well. It seems as if Coach Brown trusts him and that probably means he has the ball in his hands much more than last year.

I think we are going to see big things from Keegan this year. Mike said that he wants to keep one of Fox and Sabonis on the court at all times and then he said Keegan is almost to that point as well.
He said that this month? I was hoping the team could get away from having one of the two All-Stars always on the court, simply to reduce their minutes in the course of the season.

Of course, he was unanimous Coach of the Year, so what do I know?

OK, that was another quick shot from Huerter on the DHO but there was an interesting sighting at the start of the quarter, clearly part of Browns answer to doubles off that screen. Huerter got pinched and immediately Domas reversed the screen and they ran a pnr out of the DHO. That is a play that could keep defenses more than honest.

I hate preseason basketball. It doesn't mean anything if we steamroll a team, but when we look like poop I start to get worried.
The Kings offense isn't flowing yet but so far the concerns coming into the year and last year are the same ones. The Kings roster is missing those athletic types between G-F. They are still a little oversized and/or undersized depending on matchups. Keep winning and Monte doesn't necessarily have to step in but with the talent and size at the wing in the West this year and a looming super team in the Suns, you don't want to let it be your undoing early in the season. Fox might have to do some legit carrying until the Kings figure this out if it continues into the regular season.

If this is the potential second unit, they are not functioning like one. Monk is 2-9 from three with three turnovers. The game looks so easy for him, he is having trouble focusing. More flambouyance than fundamentals.

We were also 4-0 last year in the preseason and looked like the greatest team in existence.... and then started the year 0-4.

I'll freak out when games actually count.
This is a great reminder. These rotations are nothing like what Mike Brown would do, so there’s no reason to hit any panic buttons. We had plenty of slow starts in games this past season, and Mike Brown would typically remedy that with a pretty smart substitution - you aren’t gonna see a lot of those strategies and adjustments made this early.

We’re incorporating a lot of new faces into preseason that likely won’t see single minute of play when the game counts. Having said all that, I’d like to see some semblance of what we’re actually going to be rolling out there for the regular season, when it comes time for game # 3 of this preseason. Don’t tinker too much with what worked last season, i beg of you, Kings!