[Game] Preseason Lakers @ Kings 10/14/2022 7 pm Pacific/10 pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Train wreck in slow motion vibes with this Westbrook situation.

Dude is already not joining huddles (allegedly because he hates Pat Bev), now a move to the bench? I think it's a good move for both Russell and LA, but I don't know if his ego can handle what he'll probably see as a demotion.

Also loving that they can't find a trade partner for him, but I can't gloat too much because the entire time Westbrook has been flailing as a Laker I've had extreme paranoia that Vivek is going to force Monte to trade for him.

"Triple doubles are good for ticket sales!" *shakas*

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Train wreck in slow motion vibes with this Westbrook situation.

Dude is already not joining huddles (allegedly because he hates Pat Bev), now a move to the bench? I think it's a good move for both Russell and LA, but I don't know if his ego can handle what he'll probably see as a demotion.

Also loving that they can't find a trade partner for him, but I can't gloat too much because the entire time Westbrook has been flailing as a Laker I've had extreme paranoia that Vivek is going to force Monte to trade for him.

"Triple doubles are good for ticket sales!" *shakas*
To be fair EVERYONE hates Beverley.

I mean, the Westbrook off the bench thing is the smartest thing that team can do. Wich sucks for us battling them for playoffs. If he can take ownership of that role, he will be 6th man of the year and crush bench units.

I mean, the Westbrook off the bench thing is the smartest thing that team can do. Wich sucks for us battling them for playoffs. If he can take ownership of that role, he will be 6th man of the year and crush bench units.
I highly doubt Westbrook will ever accept a bench role. The Lakers will probably wind up trading him for pennies (adding draft picks) or just sit him until his contract is up.

Westy would likely be the Kings best player. Okay, maybe second best behind Domas. Slab would go bonkers, but Westy on the Kings = playoffs and a much needed mentality switch. Yes, please.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Westy would likely be the Kings best player. Okay, maybe second best behind Domas. Slab would go bonkers, but Westy on the Kings = playoffs and a much needed mentality switch. Yes, please.
Naaaaaaaa, current Westbrook is like 4 or 5.

Domas by a mile.
Fox by some, even with my gripes about him.
HB and Keegan’s glue attributes alone make them better at this point.

There was a point when I hated his game, but would begrudgingly agree he did good things. That time has long passed. He sucks and actively makes everyone worse now. There’s a reason no one wants to keep him, they like the idea of Russell Westbrook. Not what he actually is anymore.

We have a shot at the play-in. Westbrook ends that shot.

Naaaaaaaa, current Westbrook is like #4.

Domas by a mile.
Fox by some.
HB and Keegan’s glue attributes alone make them better at this point.

There was a point when I hated his game, but would begrudgingly agree he did good things. That time has passed. He sucks and actively makes everyone worse now.
russ was the best player on the floor during preseason game #1. but age is undefeated, so u may be right. still, russ on the kings? yes, please.

I don't want Russ on the Kings but it's hard to argue his success in leading some fairly bad teams to the playoffs.

Washington was looking pretty bad until they let Westbrook really take over. Over the last 23 games where they went on a huge run to make the playoffs, he averaged 23, 13.5 and 14. They went 17-6 over that span.

Terrible fit on the Lakers. I really don't know what Lebron was thinking with that one.

If anyone knows twitter user Mattinthe916 irl please check up on him poor guy losing about 20 years off his life because Keegs and Huerter are sitting tonight.

personally I'm a bit torn between watching a preseason game with key starters missing and knowing I have league pass this year and can just watch every game at my leisure and taking the night off.

Status
Not open for further replies.