Preseason Kings @ Blazers

I didn't get to see most of the 2nd half. Buddy shot 10 free throws? That has to be by far the most he's ever shot in a game. I think he only averages 1 free throw a game.
The new rules or rule emphasis against defenders impedeing progress should benifit hield greatly id think since he needs to use craft and missdirection being below ave explosiveness

The new rules or rule emphasis against defenders impedeing progress should benifit hield greatly id think since he needs to use craft and missdirection being below ave explosiveness
It won’t be called starting next week just like when they were calling travels and handing out Technicals a while back

One thing that was interesting about this game is that they finally used a non-platoon rotation. The question is, was this an Elston thing, or them dialing in for the regular season? You finally saw some players get legit starters minutes. It's amazing what not being jerked around can do.

He only has a single year contract. Why bother just sign him at the end of the year
Well, he didn't sign this off season with us. Maybe if he blows up with us after a trade, we have the inside track to re-sign him in the summer.

I wouldn't give up anything of value, but NY just waived Noah, so maybe they are shopping for a back up center, KK?

He shows blips of everything once and awhile. Maybe a different voice on the side helped out a bit?
He drove to the rim an inordinate amount of times this preseason and it didn't really work out at all for him until this game. I really wish that Buddy had the skills to do it on a game by game basis but I don't think he's nearly quick or athletic enough and he could barely beat ZBo in a high jump contest. I know he's been working on it all summer but I really think it would be better for him to niche out his career as a JJ Redick type and score 15ppg by shooting 3s all game. The odds of him ever becoming a guy who can break down defenses in the lane is very low so hopefully once the regular season starts, he can go back to shooting a bunch of 3s instead of getting swatted in the lane multiple times a game.

I'm watching more of the half court sets in this game. Night and day. Even saw some 4 out. Cuts were oriented towards the strong hand and the spacing was how it needs to be. I hope it was Joergers instruction but if not I hope Vlade saw that.

He drove to the rim an inordinate amount of times this preseason and it didn't really work out at all for him until this game. I really wish that Buddy had the skills to do it on a game by game basis but I don't think he's nearly quick or athletic enough and he could barely beat ZBo in a high jump contest. I know he's been working on it all summer but I really think it would be better for him to niche out his career as a JJ Redick type and score 15ppg by shooting 3s all game. The odds of him ever becoming a guy who can break down defenses in the lane is very low so hopefully once the regular season starts, he can go back to shooting a bunch of 3s instead of getting swatted in the lane multiple times a game.
If sustainable his ability in pick and roll puts him at a higher level of potential already. There isn't enough data on him yet but in looking at this roster nobody has his ability as a shot creator at the moment. I say give him a system to succeed and see what you've got. If it fails then tick it back.

Well, he didn't sign this off season with us. Maybe if he blows up with us after a trade, we have the inside track to re-sign him in the summer.

I wouldn't give up anything of value, but NY just waived Noah, so maybe they are shopping for a back up center, KK?
They have Kanter, Mitchell Robinson and Noah Vonleh I doubt they want KK

If Mario remains buried on the Knicks bench....what’s the point? How long can someone live off unrealized potential?
Yeah if he can't beat out Lance Thomas (who I really like) for playing time what's the point, I watch him a lot he's another talented guy who does not play hard as often as he should he's sort of like a SF WCS atm.

No there's a big difference between losing on your home floor by 40 to any team, and a close fought loss. Competitive losses are stomachable.
While that’s true, for me it’s still a bit over the top to describe losing a half or an entire game as the positive I heard it described at times. Though yes, it was an improvement to be sure

While that’s true, for me it’s still a bit over the top to describe losing a half or an entire game as the positive I heard it described at times. Though yes, it was an improvement to be sure
Losing is not fun to watch or experience, such is the nature of competitive sports. Kings need some leadership on the court and goto players to emerge in a big way. The first game against the Jazz will be a good litmus test.