[Game] Preseason Game 2: Kings @ Blazers 12/13/20, 6PM pst, 9PM est

Haven't seen a lot of switching in the first two games. Zones, man, and big and wings shading the middle as goalies.
When small they do, but yeah, and that's Lukes problem or will be fairly soon. Monte was pretty clear in his interviews about what he expected to see.

I'd like to see a starting lineup of Fox, Buddy, GR3, Barnes, Holmes.

With a second unit of Haliburton, James, Jeffries, Bjelicia, Bagley.
I don't agree with you. GRIII and Buddy are black holes and meh defenders. Holmes is an undersized and under lengthened 5. There would be no ball movement, no perimeter nor interior defense. Only reason to have that starting line up is to tank.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Fun game to watch, and what was more amazing was seeing that unit in the 4th quarter that looked like total chaos in the last game, suddenly look like a well oiled machine, and for one reason only, Haliburton! He always makes the right pass, and hardly ever turns the ball over.

The front office has some hard decisions to make. I was very impressed with Metu and Guy. Both players are probably on the bubble with Kaminsky and James. If I had to cut one it would likely be James, but then he's till very young, and Kaminsky isn't.

Guy's ability to come off a screen and square up on a dime is a talent. Even the shots he missed looked like they were going in. He certainly puts out the effort on defense, and for the most part, unless he gets posted up by a taller player, he's not a liability. That was a terrific touch pass he made on the fly to Metu.

I agree that Cojo needs to be traded. If for no other reason than to keep Walton from playing him. The pace of the game tonight was very good, and it wouldn't have been if Cojo was on the floor. It's just one game, but the future looks bright, at least for on night.

Getting caught in the air is a big no no usually for most players. Scouting reports will adjust if he frequently does it.
The college gurus would know better, but this was highlighted in a few prospect videos of him, so I guess it's very much a natural part of his game at this point. Like you said, it's usually a big no-no, so we'll see what happens.

I'd like to see a starting lineup of Fox, Buddy, GR3, Barnes, Holmes.

With a second unit of Haliburton, James, Jeffries, Bjelicia, Bagley.
Replace James with DaQuan and it looks pretty good. So far DaQuan and Woodard have looked like the perfect pieces for playing small. Robinson has been OK there too.

Was only able to watch the first half but saw the result and am pleased. Think I may go over and watch the second half tomorrow if I get my work done early, for whatever reason my mom deletes all my recordings on her DVR as soon as she gets into town and she's due Tuesday to quarantine until Christmas.

Was only able to watch the first half but saw the result and am pleased. Think I may go over and watch the second half tomorrow if I get my work done early, for whatever reason my mom deletes all my recordings on her DVR as soon as she gets into town and she's due Tuesday to quarantine until Christmas.
You are going to hide those recordings from mom. The 4th quarter was really fun to watch.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyrese plays with the defensive feel and effort of a guy who is related to Eddie Jones. It always feels so lazy comparing Tyrese to Doug Christie because they physically resemble each other so much but he just affects the game in so many ways like DC did.

Just in terms of roles, the Haliburton/Guy backcourt gave off serious Bibby/Christie vibes with the "shooting guard" playing the traditional playmaker role and the point guard essentially slipping into an off-the-ball role. CoJo's still on the roster so I don't anticipate it happening but that pairing has a chance to be effective in the regular season. (Props to Kyle and the training staff for really working on his body since coming here. Physically, he's worlds away from the tiny stick person he was when Vlade drafted him.)

Frank the Tank played well despite missing his perimeter shots tonight and Little Big Dog was solid even if he pretty much refused to pass the ball at times. Good Metu came to play and that race between he and Kaminsky for the last big slot on the team is going to be a close one (unless the Kings are able to unload Bjeli before the season starts). Woodard showed off the defensive instincts and length that had prognosticators slotting him as a first round pick even if his offensive skills very much remain a work in progress.

Also Richaun Holmes hit a three today.

Tyrese plays with the defensive feel and effort of a guy who is related to Eddie Jones. It always feels so lazy comparing Tyrese to Doug Christie because they physically resemble each other so much but he just affects the game in so many ways like DC did.

Just in terms of roles, the Haliburton/Guy backcourt gave off serious Bibby/Christie vibes with the "shooting guard" playing the traditional playmaker role and the point guard essentially slipping into an off-the-ball role. CoJo's still on the roster so I don't anticipate it happening but that pairing has a chance to be effective in the regular season. (Props to Kyle and the training staff for really working on his body since coming here. Physically, he's worlds away from the tiny stick person he was when Vlade drafted him.)

Frank the Tank played well despite missing his perimeter shots tonight and Little Big Dog was solid even if he pretty much refused to pass the ball at times. Good Metu came to play and that race between he and Kaminsky for the last big slot on the team is going to be a close one (unless the Kings are able to unload Bjeli before the season starts). Woodard showed off the defensive instincts and length that had prognosticators slotting him as a first round pick even if his offensive skills very much remain a work in progress.

Also Richaun Holmes hit a three today.
Buddy going to be our lead assist man and Holmes going to lead the team in 3s made. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy going to be our lead assist man and Holmes going to lead the team in 3s made. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
The thing about Buddy is that he’s actually shown he has a good feel for passing to cutters and making plays, it’s just that his handle isn’t really good enough for him to be doing that on a possession-to-possession basis as a lead guard.