Potential draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Drafting in the 2nd round makes the contract status less important, imo. Say the guy can't play over here for two years, if he's a keeper, who cares? He'd be 20 years old when he plays for the Kings. I wouldn't mind at all if the Kings draft a player or two that can't play with them next year. The key is whether they can play once they're over here.
Wasn't debating that, just admitting that I didn't know. That said, I'm fine with stashing a couple of players until they're ready.

I like this next workout a little more:

Rayjon Tucker (G – 6’5” 210 lbs.) Little Rock
Jaylen Hands (G – 6’3” 181 lbs.) UCLA
Shamorie Ponds (G – 6’1” 180 lbs.) St. John’s
Miye Oni (F – 6’6” 210 lbs.) Yale
Kenny Wooten (F – 6’9” 220 lbs.) Oregon
Daulton Hommes (F – 6’8” 215 lbs.) Point Loma Nazarene

Isn't this Shamorie's second workout with us? Could definitely see us taking him. Glad we're taking a closer look at Jaylen Hands too, he still has a lot of untapped potential.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I like this next workout a little more:

Rayjon Tucker (G – 6’5” 210 lbs.) Little Rock
Jaylen Hands (G – 6’3” 181 lbs.) UCLA
Shamorie Ponds (G – 6’1” 180 lbs.) St. John’s
Miye Oni (F – 6’6” 210 lbs.) Yale
Kenny Wooten (F – 6’9” 220 lbs.) Oregon
Daulton Hommes (F – 6’8” 215 lbs.) Point Loma Nazarene

Isn't this Shamorie's second workout with us? Could definitely see us taking him. Glad we're taking a closer look at Jaylen Hands too, he still has a lot of untapped potential.
Ponds was not involved in our first 16 (!!) workouts, so unless they snuck him in unannounced it's his first go here in Sac. But he has been rumored to be on the list of players we intended to work out basically from the start.

I agree on Hands - he was definitely inconsistent but he showed himself a lot better passer last year, basically doubling his assist pecentage when Aaron Holiday left and he took the reins at the point, and he's got good athleticism and size. A lot of mocks seem to have him undrafted but he's a guy I could squint and see contributing out of the #47/#60 pick.

I've been terribly dissatisfied with much of the workout fodder. Of the players I like or think are decent options so far that they've worked out I'd list Cody Martin, Tacko Fall, Jordan Caroline, Isaiah Roby, Christ Koumadje, John Konchar, Brian Bowen, Robert Franks, and Aubrey Dawkins. Beyond that I'm disappointed they haven't brought in either Ignas or Admiral. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go above the Kings but where are the potential droppers here? Hopefully they don't overthink this and pull another Justin Jackson out of a hat when they could have had an OG Anunoby. There should still be some legit talent where the Kings pick. I think Vlade has done a great job of getting the Kings to where they are at, but if you look at the Kings drafts in the last few years where the picks weren't obvious, you'd have to give this teams scouting department a failing grade.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've been terribly dissatisfied with much of the workout fodder. Of the players I like or think are decent options so far that they've worked out I'd list Cody Martin, Tacko Fall, Jordan Caroline, Isaiah Roby, Christ Koumadje, John Konchar, Brian Bowen, Robert Franks, and Aubrey Dawkins. Beyond that I'm disappointed they haven't brought in either Ignas or Admiral. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go above the Kings but where are the potential droppers here? Hopefully they don't overthink this and pull another Justin Jackson out of a hat when they could have had an OG Anunoby. There should still be some legit talent where the Kings pick. I think Vlade has done a great job of getting the Kings to where they are at, but if you look at the Kings drafts in the last few years where the picks weren't obvious, you'd have to give this teams scouting department a failing grade.
Since I do a lot of reading of other teams local rags, I know there has been quite a few joint team workouts, and I have to assume that the Kings have attended some of those. For instance, Dylan Windler worked out with representatives from 14 teams present. Ditto Ty Jerome.. So although we don't know about it, it doesn't mean the Kings haven't seen some of these players up close and personal. Plus, knowing that they didn't have a first rd pick this season, it's likely they spent most of their scouting time on potential 2nd rd picks.

I think the majority of the players that have been brought in, are potential G-Leaguers, or two way players. Doesn't mean they can't stumble across a diamond in the rough. It's also likely that they interviewed most of the players they might draft at the combine.

Since I do a lot of reading of other teams local rags, I know there has been quite a few joint team workouts, and I have to assume that the Kings have attended some of those. For instance, Dylan Windler worked out with representatives from 14 teams present. Ditto Ty Jerome.. So although we don't know about it, it doesn't mean the Kings haven't seen some of these players up close and personal. Plus, knowing that they didn't have a first rd pick this season, it's likely they spent most of their scouting time on potential 2nd rd picks.

I think the majority of the players that have been brought in, are potential G-Leaguers, or two way players. Doesn't mean they can't stumble across a diamond in the rough. It's also likely that they interviewed most of the players they might draft at the combine.
That's true and it could always be them putting smoke out there but every year they do indeed seem to go after the one that impressed them in an individual workout which is the utmost stupid way of doing it is the case. I would also add Quinndary Weatherspoon to the list that I like. I just view this as overworking the process to find that diamond. In the draft working smarter > working harder. Most of your work has been done by college scouting departments that have followed many of these guys since before they grew hair in strange places.

The best day of the year is here boys!

I'm hopin for Okeke to drop to us.

If he dosen't drop, this is my wishlist order ;

#40 - Terrence Davis / Leque / Bone
#47- Roby / Macdaniels / Cody Martin
#60- John Konchar / Guy / Brazdeikas

Terrence Davis tops my list- Love his intensity and swagger- If Kings could mold him into the backup PG. I think he and Bogi could run that second unit nicely.

If Schofield and Okpala drop i'd be interested aswell.

Last edited:
Adams and 21 for mason.
Mason is unguaranteed so OKC gets cap relief. We get Bol with shiney new pick (because Vlade wants to try something new and draft a big). Then we combine our second round picks to move up for best wing or backup pg available like admiral.

Adams- Giles -Bol
Bags- Bjelly
Barnes- Admiral
Buddy-Bogi
Fox- Bradley

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Several mock drafts have the Kings taking Yovel Zoosman with the 60th pick. He's a 6'7", 200 lb SF that plays for Maccabi Tell Aviv. I think I saw him play once, but probably didn't know it since many players over there get limited minutes. So been watching some film and he looks like a player. He might be someone that you draft and stash for a year or two over there. Here's a little video:

I thought he was worth a late 2nd round pick and two years of G League development. All to see if he might become a role player. But I recall the response from several on this board that that would be a waste of an asset. C’est la vie.

The best day of the year is here boys!

I'm hopin for Okeke to drop to us.

If he dosen't drop, this is my wishlist order ;

#40 - Terrence Davis / Leque / Bone
#47- Roby / Macdaniels / Cody Martin
#60- John Konchar / Guy / Brazdeikas

Terrence Davis tops my list- Love his intensity and swagger- If Kings could mold him into the backup PG. I think he and Bogi could run that second unit nicely.

If Schofield and Okpala drop i'd be interested aswell.
Davis lighting it up, wish we took him!

You bumped a 7+ month old thread to pat yourself on the back? ;)
What do you think the odds are he’d have bumped the thread if he felt Davis wasn’t living up to his predictions? ;)

All kidding aside, I think it’s just a tad early to declare victory when the player in question is averaging less than 18 minutes of PT through 53 games and a mere 7.9 ppp, 3.5 rpg, and 1.8 apg. Sure, he had a handful of big scoring games for a rookie, but he‘s not exactly destroying.

May well become a very good player, but surely hasn’t proved anybody right or wrong yet.

What do you think the odds are he’d have bumped the thread if he felt Davis wasn’t living up to his predictions? ;)

All kidding aside, I think it’s just a tad early to declare victory when the player in question is averaging less than 18 minutes of PT through 53 games and a mere 7.9 ppp, 3.5 rpg, and 1.8 apg. Sure, he had a handful of big scoring games for a rookie, but he‘s not exactly destroying.

May well become a very good player, but surely hasn’t proved anybody right or wrong yet.
I definitely wouldn't of bumped if Davis sucked! haha

every raps game I watch he kills it, hes a great per minute player.
Im happy with Justin James aswell but Kings could of had James and Davis!

Can we trade Vlade and some second rounders for Masai? Or just hire me to oversee all future moves?

Can we trade Vlade and some second rounders for Masai? Or just hire me to oversee all future moves?
It would cost us a 1st, but yes, we can trade for Masai. I posited that very move, snd it was immediately locked for some reason.

No worries, Optimus. I'm just breaking ball$ so to speak.

I'm certainly not one to be above pointing out the correct predictions or assessments I've made. I'm wrong a lot more than I'm right so gotta bask in the glory from time to time. ;)

I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.