Post your initial reaction meme to the Cousins trade

Since many of us are still having a rough time processing and accepting what transpired on Sunday evening, I thought it might be a nice change of pace to infuse some humor into it.

Using a famous quote or meme (or both), try to describe how you felt about the trade once you first heard about it.

Last edited:
Yeah, Brick's is really, really good. It certainly captures one of the myriad of emotions I had that night.

I'm sure our creative group can come up with a few more...

Well, I posted this on Dec 18, 2014. I had the same reaction on Feb 20, 2017 (Monday morning where I live):

Great scene with Vivek and our playoff hope:

Playoff Hope: I don't deserve this. To die like this. I was building a community.

Vivek: Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Playoff Hope: I'll see you in the 2020's, Vivek Ranadive.

Vivek: Yeah.

Owners meeting representative and the final approval for the trade, since Vlade apparently lost his phone and couldn't talk to any other organization.

[Mod edit: Image removed because it contains profanity]

Last edited by a moderator:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
The NBA is a team business as we all know. Statwise and community service wise Cuz was a gem. I loved his individual game. Team wise he was not a gem. The grand iso game that needed to be played all to often appeared to have a giant negative effect on team play. How often did he try to force he way into double and triple teams that did not work and resulted in another TO? His tantrums and pouting was consistant, how many times did Kings have to play 4-on-5 defense because of Cuz lagging behind? That was my view for awhile now. Look at his first game for NOLA, great stat line but they lost by 30. His fault? probably not. It was time to get to Joeger Ball, team ball, sharing, running, defending. It is only one sample point but suggest we give it time and see who benefits more.

Willie benefitted real quick, as did Skal and Hield is a real keeper.

Last edited: