Post Ron last year vs. This year

Whats up with the team? I remember last year, after Ron was aquired, the King's gave up 93 points a game for the rest of the year.

So whats the difference between last year and this year? Is it the coach? Is it the absence of Bonzi? I don't seem to have the eye for detail like some of you. Can anyone put their finger on a certain reason why the offense and defense are both horrible? Like if its Mussleman, then what is he doing so much differently than Adelman did? Watching this team, I just don't understand why it seems like they miss all their shots while it seems like every team they play shoots 50%.

different coach, different mike bibby, i guess to a degree no bonzi = less winning

and of course

less winning = a less motivated and more frustrated artest

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
different coach, different mike bibby, i guess to a degree no bonzi = less winning
At least we didn't get overweight bonzi, that would make the season even worse to be paying him a fat contract to sit on the bench. Last season's bonzi of course would be nice...

yeah but i think bonzi would have probably not been overwieght if he did stay with us...

i prolly think he wouldve kept in shape... after all he was happy here...

plus he is slowly getting back to form in these past few games...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
HE lost his buddy and soul-mate of a teammate Bonzi Wells.

It's as simple as that in my uneducated opinion.
I think that is definitely part of it -- that was at one point looking ot be the new identity of the team. Bash brothers inside. But I also think losing Rick hurt -- he had a way of massaging large egos and the wisdom to make them feel big and in control. Muss...is just a mess right now. Its not Ron's team, or Ron's flavor, and so Ron, not being exactly the most stable and mature of personalities, I think really is disassociating himself. We have essentially oustered our short term leader and replaced him with...well that's the problem. We just oustered him. But as usual, with no clue what comes next.

Things are getting ugly fast. Too bad because instead of signing woods + lue, we should of re-offered something to Bonzi. 2 mill for an overwieght bonzi is ok...he's still dangerous while we already shipped those other 2 guys out.

I think it was a honeymoon period. And yeah, as Brick said, we don't have a coach who can keep the egos massaged. So now Ron is checking out.

The problem is that our team simply does not try on defense. We need a coach who immediately garners the respect of our team, not one who tries to pacify egos and play buddy, buddy with them.

The problem is that our team simply does not try on defense. We need a coach who immediately garners the respect of our team, not one who tries to pacify egos and play buddy, buddy with them.
I don't care about the buddy part, but in the NBA, the ability to manage (not necessarily pacify) big egos is a critical asset for a coach.

Things are getting ugly fast. Too bad because instead of signing woods + lue, we should of re-offered something to Bonzi. 2 mill for an overwieght bonzi is ok...he's still dangerous while we already shipped those other 2 guys out.
We did make Bonzi two offers, the second being for $38 mil. You can't force a guy to accept and I think it was good offer.