Post National Media Coverage Here

Purely speculative but I can well see Vlade appointing himself. The small ball craze is in full swing but I don’t think Vlade has fully bought in. He still thinks Bagley can be a 3 but I doubt most conventional thinking coaches would agree. To fully implement his vision Vlade may have to do it himself.

Minnesota sounded like a possibility earlier in the year, but latest reports are that “all signs” point to them sticking with Saunders.

https://static.nytimes.com/email-content/MSB_11607.html?nlid=89354642
I can definitely see Glen Taylor give Flip Saunder's son an opportunity to right the ship in Minnesota next year. Taylor is a loyal man and Flip was a loyal coach through his years. I can see Taylor wanting to keep Townes happy, if he has bought into coach Ryan Saunders.

That would be great news for the Kings in any negotiations with Joeger and his staff this summer. If Minnesota's job is off the market, I can't see a more better coaching situation for Joeger and his staff than Sacramento.

I think it will ultimately come down to Vlade's choice of Joeger or Brandon Williams this summer. If Williams stays then I can see Joeger asking to be released. If Williams is let go or finds greener pastures, I can see Joeger and his staff sign a long term contract this summer.

Whichever the resolution, I hope it is resolved well before free agency starts in July.

I can definitely see Glen Taylor give Flip Saunder's son an opportunity to right the ship in Minnesota next year. Taylor is a loyal man and Flip was a loyal coach through his years. I can see Taylor wanting to keep Townes happy, if he has bought into coach Ryan Saunders.

That would be great news for the Kings in any negotiations with Joeger and his staff this summer. If Minnesota's job is off the market, I can't see a more better coaching situation for Joeger and his staff than Sacramento.

I think it will ultimately come down to Vlade's choice of Joeger or Brandon Williams this summer. If Williams stays then I can see Joeger asking to be released. If Williams is let go or finds greener pastures, I can see Joeger and his staff sign a long term contract this summer.

Whichever the resolution, I hope it is resolved well before free agency starts in July.
I’m not so sure it’s as simple as Williams v. Joeger. Or, I guess I mean not from the perspective of the mid season blowup. I have been a big defender of Joeger all year. I really think he’s done an excellent job. But at this point in the year, in a game like last night, I just don’t understand his handling of this team sometimes. I know Bags played 31 min last night, but to me it was so obvious it should have been more. Similarly with Fox. Why is he sitting until midway through the 4th? It was the last game at home, and pretty much the last thing to play for this year. Why manage the game like we are trying to preserve guys in the middle of a long year.

My point is....at the midpoint in the season when the Williams controversy hit, I was strongly in Dave’s corner. He had really got the team far ahead of schedule and I bought into he handling of the rotations....or it’s least I put my faith in him that he knew better than me. However, by the end of the year, either from stubbornness or personal vendetta against Williams, in my opinion, he kept the course far too long on his “feel” for what’s best for the team development. I still think he should be top 5 coach of the year consideration for the year, but I’m just wondering if someone like Vlade and Vivek also have started to get a little frustrated with the same things.

what I see with Joerger is he is so rigid with what he’s going to do, no matter how that particular game is playing out. Joerger will not stray from his set game plan. Dudes (random player) smoking hot out there? So what. Dude gonna sit and cools his heels on the bench because well, that’s what the game plan calls for.
Fox has to sit for his allotted time. As well as buddy, Bagley, whoever it is, no matter how hot said player is. Drives me crazy.

what I see with Joerger is he is so rigid with what he’s going to do, no matter how that particular game is playing out. Joerger will not stray from his set game plan. Dudes (random player) smoking hot out there? So what. Dude gonna sit and cools his heels on the bench because well, that’s what the game plan calls for.
Fox has to sit for his allotted time. As well as buddy, Bagley, whoever it is, no matter how hot said player is. Drives me crazy.
Yeah going with the hot hand just doesn’t seem to be in DJ’s Philosophy.

Stephen A. invoking Mark Jackson here is ridiculous. Prayers in one corner, hookers in the other. I mean, come on now. Jackson doesn't have a job because he's at best a medicare coach who has a a terrible history in locker rooms and with personal issue. That isn't getting you re-hired in this league, or at least it shouldn't.

Not giving any clicks to Stephen A because... Stephen A was praising this on Saturday and condemning it now?

They broke the mold with that guy.
He still likes the move, but dislikes the fact that Walton is white and got a job so soon when minorities rarely get coaching opportunities in the NBA as it is, let alone an opportunity that fast after being dismissed.

I was a bit shocked that there is no equivalent to the Rooney rule in the NBA.
Yeah especially for a league like the NBA which prides itself on diversity. Though the NBA has been pretty good about diversity hires for the most, at least as far as I can remember. Though I could see this being a major speaking point at some point in the future.

As a "minority" myself, I think in instances like what went on with the kings, if they were mandated to bring in a minority just to satisfy a rule, to me that is extremely embarrassing and condescending.

Don't patronize me by pretending to interview a minority when we all know who you are going to hire anyway. The rooney rule is a joke. Give me a break.

Vlade had identified Luke Walton 3 years ago as his primary target to be the head coach.

He knew he was going to be available to hire, once LeBron was signed last summer.

I can see Stephen A Smith being upset about the swiftness of the signing, but clearly, any interviews of anybody else would had been just for show.
Yeah. He wasn't attacking Vlade or the Kings. I think he was taking an opportunity to make a general point about hiring practices around the league.

As a "minority" myself, I think in instances like what went on with the kings, if they were mandated to bring in a minority just to satisfy a rule, to me that is extremely embarrassing and condescending.

Don't patronize me by pretending to interview a minority when we all know who you are going to hire anyway. The rooney rule is a joke. Give me a break.
Just because you think everything is ball bearings these days, doesn't mean you're a minority.