Post National Media Coverage Here

From ESPN

Arnovitz: De'Aaron Fox as Most Improved Player. Fox showed glimpses last season of the speed and spirit that could turn him into a potential All-NBA point guard in the future. This season, the distant future crossed the space-time continuum into the near future. He's not just scoring efficiently, but he has learned to manage possessions, put his larger imprint on each game, and has become reasonably capable at navigating coverages as a defender at the top of the floor.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25340532/nba-awards-5-5-debate-lebron-mvp-frontrunner

Seriously, most of these analysts like Reggie Miller are lazy as hell. No research.
They are there on name recognition only. I get the feeling they literally just fly in, enjoy the restaurants with some local NBA elite, sit at the announcers table and b.s., make sure to drop a few references to your playing days... "Doc would foul me just like that coming around screens back in the day"... and fly out.

Not a damn bad gig if you ask me.

It is not that easy to keep track of hundreds of players. I have respect for Miller because he knows the game. The national broadcast was one of the best I have seen in awhile. The GS announcers on the other hand, I cannot take.

I am a mule man, here to remind people that mules' have long memories, and if you hit one with a two by four, it is a matter of time before he will knock the crap out of you. He will wait for the right chance and wham, you will never see it coming.
LOL not surprised. I wouldn't actually do that to a mule. With the national press, however, there have been times when it was an attractive alternative.

I am a mule man, here to remind people that mules' have long memories, and if you hit one with a two by four, it is a matter of time before he will knock the crap out of you. He will wait for the right chance and wham, you will never see it coming.
Lol a "mule man"

When I was 24 I was strongly considering getting a mule and heading to the hills to try my luck as a prospectors

Several Kings made this article which I think is a big reason for our improvement.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-the-nbas-actual-best-3-point-shooters#slide5

Several people here habe been saying how good Buddy is as a shooter since last year. Buddy and Borden are a problem for opposing teams and the team as a whole is getting better about finding their teammates in good spots. It's cool to see Fox here too as evidence that he is improving.

KD will get more money if there are lots of teams clamoring for him. So pretend to show interest in lots of teams, to get their fans all worked up about the possibilities. I have no reason to believe he wasn't sincere in his comments about our team, but I can't imagine him actually coming here.

Made me start thinking of all the players (and Van Gundys) over the years who have used the Kings to get a big contract elsewhere.
Andre Iguodala

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: The sub-discussion of the (even remote) possibility of the Kings drawing Kevin Durant (or another big name SF) to the Kings has been split into its own thread as it's truly worthy of discussion.

Long lost cousins Grant Hill and Steve Smith say nice things about the team on NBA TV
Thanks for that. Very thoughtful of Grant Hill and Steve Smith. Grant Hill, one smart player, and the Duke team he played on really opened my eyes to college basketball. Great to be getting some love.

Ringer has a write up about team records wrt Strength of Schedule to see who is for real:
Sacramento Kings
Record: 15-12

SOS: Eighth (ESPN), 10th (B-R)

The Kings’ early-season schedule rated among the hardest in the league until the middle of last week, but their cakewalk period since then—in which they beat Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago—pushed them closer to the middle of the pack. Still, Sacramento boasts the most pleasantly surprising record of any team; at the moment, the Kings are holding onto eighth place in the West, ahead of a host of more acclaimed competitors.

Sacramento’s schedule so far suggests its fast start is for real. With two wins in two tries against OKC and a one-point loss to Golden State, the Kings have displayed an ability to keep up with the top teams in the West. They’ve also notched wins against Memphis, Utah, Minnesota, and San Antonio—their likely competition at the bottom of the playoff picture.

Sacramento faces an absolute terror of a schedule over the next three weeks, with 12 consecutive games against non-Phoenix Western teams, but if Dave Joerger’s group can survive that stretch within striking distance of the 8-seed, it can solidify itself as a playoff dark horse. The team’s closing schedule from the start of March onward is one of the easiest in the West.