Post game thoughts 12/5

Also known as one of “the others”

I’m trying to think of something positive to say.

Why was Bibby (and Miller for that matter) playing in the 4th quarter? When Douby came in for Hart a big ‘Huh??’ appeared in my mind.

Based purely on tonight, I think Vitaly should be getting about 30 minutes a night. Thoughts?

Two competitive games sandwiched between blowouts. Not the best stretch to be a Kings fan, really.

Jim Kozimor gives me diarrhea.

I have a bad feeling that Jason Hart may soon be starring in ‘The Corliss Williamson Story, Part II – A Little Scrapper Emerges’

Okay, here is something positive. I’m not a huge fan of Garcia, but he has looked pretty good the past few games. I think it may be time to start thinking of him and Salmons as the backup point.

I think Comcast uses the same music to go to commercial each game, but hearing the White Stripes is right.

If there is going to be any cracks in the PR façade or dissention in the ranks, a four-game losing streak will jump-start that real quick.

You know, there really were some pinheaded things being trotted out tonight.
More like most of the season.

At least, when some coaches do something, you can moan and gripe at how bad that idea will suck.

With Muss, you can't do that...due to you being speechless over how moronic the move is.

Postgame thoughts --

I am not surprised that we didn't win, or even that it wasn't close. Playing the Suns when it's our 4th game in 5 nights just isn't something this team is up to.

I am, however, disappointed that Musselman seemed to have no direction and that the players didn't seem to have any semblance of team chemsitry. That concerns me.

Postgame thoughts --

I am not surprised that we didn't win, or even that it wasn't close. Playing the Suns when it's our 4th game in 5 nights just isn't something this team is up to.

I am, however, disappointed that Musselman seemed to have no direction and that the players didn't seem to have any semblance of team chemsitry. That concerns me.
My main concerns as well.:(

i didnt see the game, nor follow it. this is purely conjecture from looking at the box score...

what the hell is eric doing? he wants to run a SMALLER lineup against phoenix, proclaimed the smallball champion? does he think hell outrun their lineup? does he think that kenny thomas can use his quickness around amare since hes only at like 70 percent? newsflash... half an amare is more than hands full for a kenny thomas.

6'1, 6'2, 6'7, 6'6', and 6'7... collective starting lineup height (this is off the top of my head). nash and bibby can trade defensive liabilities (although i think nash wins in that regard, even before the game started, since he breaks down defenses much better and gets easier plays for his teammates). martin on diaw isnt that big of a deal, since martin only gives up an inch, and diaw isnt very physical. salmons, doesnt lose too much to marion (relative to anything else we can put out there), but... whats kenny thomas doing as a CENTER?

looking at the minutes played, it seems that coach's cleverly concocted plan of small balling a team adept at it failed, since thomas only got 20 minutes, and price 13. im also assuming he went back to a traditional lineup (as traditional as weve seen this year) after the first quarter, with miller showing up 28 minutes this game. we matched up pretty well scoring wise after the first quarter, which makes me think that this would have been a lot closer had musselman stopped trying to see how many of his players can get center eligibility in fantasy bball if he just plays them there enough.

again, im probably assuming too much, this rant is al from a box score, and i realize that this lens is very limited.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Surf is down.............

KT sure misses a lot of layups and 2-3 footers.

Team playing chemistry is missing. Team misses Ron Ron big time.

Ron Ron's rant on Friday is on the right track but miss directed when he cannot play 3 of next 4 games.

Coach needs to find a rotation that has good playing chemistry. With Kevin being shut down last 3 games seems that has depressed team, even with Bibby stepping up scoring a bit.

Got to get assist numbers up in mid-20's which would mean better playing chemistry.

Everyong may be pushing a bit too much and not settling in, but with no set rotation yet, that doesn't help.

As I ranted before, gotta get more scoring out of the "bigs!" But even more need to get some defense in the paint. On that score, Bill Walton on ESPN radio, railed on KT for "running" away from guarding Nelson/Orlando on the pick set at end of game that allowed Nelson to easily score winning basket. If that was the case, and I've seen KT back off of fronting guys before, then coaching can make a change in how they guard during and after picks.

Kings will stay on bubble rest of year and making the playoffs will depend on Ron Ron staying healthier and playing more. But also our young guns have to step up on defense and scoring: Kevin, Cisco, Salmons, Price, Douby. Sure Douby is a rookie but he can shoot the lights out. Why not give him some more minutes and see if his "D" can keep him in a game or two?

I'm not trying to tell you how to live, but my advice would be to never listen to what Bill Walton is saying. Just try and think of it as exceptionally annoying background din.

I still think it is too early to put an epitaph on this season. The Kings have had there starting five healthy for, what, a total of five games tops?

2 point guards, 1 shooting guard and 2 small forwards to start against the best team in the league at small ball. this game was over when the kings walked out the locker room. this coach is clueless. i mean alicia silverstone clueless

2 point guards, 1 shooting guard and 2 small forwards to start against the best team in the league at small ball. this game was over when the kings walked out the locker room. this coach is clueless. i mean alicia silverstone clueless
I'm not going to say I agree with the decision to start the five Mussleman did, but I think I understand where he was coming from. And that lineup wasn't on the floor for an extended period of time.

What was more flummoxing was the starting five was actually looking like they were trying to slow the game down. With four perimeter players and a garbage guy. No post guy. And no offense sets. Odd, really.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I'm not trying to tell you how to live, but my advice would be to never listen to what Bill Walton is saying. Just try and think of it as exceptionally annoying background din.

I still think it is too early to put an epitaph on this season. The Kings have had there starting five healthy for, what, a total of five games tops?
I agree, and Walton is the absolutely worst mouth in basketball. I can't stand the guy. Even my wife hates listening to him and she is a UCLA grad. His point was, in this case, correct. KT did not slide over to guard Nelson as he could-should have enabling a much to easy game winner.

No epitaph intended merely an observation. Even in some Kings wins they were ugly and in others the other team played horrible. When they can put together some quality wins against +500 teams they will be improving.

Last edited:
I stared at the starting line-up last night, paused the frame, stared at it some more, wondering "Is this some other list?" and then it hit me.

THIS is our starting line-up?? Oh my gawd, what is Muss thinking?
So many things wrong with that.

1) No chemistry together. Has this line-up ever played more than 20 seconds together on the court if that?

2) Small ball as the Suns play it is all chemistry, all practice, all Nash knowing exactly where his teammates will be. Who was playing point? Bibby or Price? Have they ever even been on the floor together at all? Everyone looked totally lost and that's more lost then they look on our normal night which is pretty awful.

3) Kenny Thomas vs. Amare??

What was he thinking.

If team locker-room chemistry was a minor issue before last night, after that game, it's got to be a huge problem. Did you guys catch Kevin Martin's post-game interview? He was ticked off at somebody's effort.

And Grant made a huge point about Burke's last three at the end of the game. Yep, this team can get really angry about that and remember it for the next game. But so what? What on earth can this team do about it if we play like this again?

tee hee

Walton > Napear

That's right, I said it.
When I saw the clippers game last week, there was a guy in the stands who kept shouting "Go back to New York Napier!!". For some reason, I found that really funny, even though my section didn't, and yelled "as long as you go with him!".

As an aside, that was the most unhappy crowd I've ever seen at a winning game.

I stared at the starting line-up last night, paused the frame, stared at it some more, wondering "Is this some other list?" and then it hit me.

THIS is our starting line-up?? Oh my gawd, what is Muss thinking?
So many things wrong with that.

1) No chemistry together. Has this line-up ever played more than 20 seconds together on the court if that?

2) Small ball as the Suns play it is all chemistry, all practice, all Nash knowing exactly where his teammates will be. Who was playing point? Bibby or Price? Have they ever even been on the floor together at all? Everyone looked totally lost and that's more lost then they look on our normal night which is pretty awful.

3) Kenny Thomas vs. Amare??

What was he thinking.

If team locker-room chemistry was a minor issue before last night, after that game, it's got to be a huge problem. Did you guys catch Kevin Martin's post-game interview? He was ticked off at somebody's effort.

And Grant made a huge point about Burke's last three at the end of the game. Yep, this team can get really angry about that and remember it for the next game. But so what? What on earth can this team do about it if we play like this again?

What'd he say? Dang I wish I would've watched the post game, but that game was so disgusting I decided to watch a movie instead.

As I ranted before, gotta get more scoring out of the "bigs!" But even more need to get some defense in the paint. On that score, Bill Walton on ESPN radio, railed on KT for "running" away from guarding Nelson/Orlando on the pick set at end of game that allowed Nelson to easily score winning basket. If that was the case, and I've seen KT back off of fronting guys before, then coaching can make a change in how they guard during and after picks.

Rick Barry was on his weekly show on KHTK " Wednesday with Wick" on the Rise Guys show this morning and went on a 5 minute rant on KT for the very same thing. Rick was fired up.