Possible to trade for Rubio?

Clearly he isn't going to stick in Minnesota. He's made it pretty clear, and I think the Twolves are going to stick with Jonny Flynn. What do you think it would take to get Rubio from the twolves? Kevin martin? I'd do that, because then we could pair Rubio and Evans in the backcourt, and we'd have size, defense, passing, I think they would make a great duo and that's two big stars for us. Kmart is a good player, but hes too much of a liability on defense and he's too weak, I dont think he is the kind of player you can build a winning playoff team around. I think we should move Francisco Garcia too while he has some value maybe include him in a possible trade for Rubio. Evans has a much higher ceiling than Kmart, he's 2 guard though, i think he would flourish at that position in the NBA and he has superstar potential, but it's going to be hard for him to really become a star with Kmart around I think, and his more natural position is SG based on just the way he plays. Were probably going to end up trading Kmart anyways in a year or two when Evans is better than him.

Not 2 bad of an idea in my opinion, I'de trade Martin for anyone rite now. He's starting to develope a cocky attitude like hes too good for everyone, I hope he is traded away.

Not 2 bad of an idea in my opinion, I'de trade Martin for anyone rite now. He's starting to develope a cocky attitude like hes too good for everyone, I hope he is traded away.
:confused:

I like my players to be cocky. Usually it's a sign that they're pretty good at what they do.

I wanna see how Martin plays under westphal and with evans before we decide whether we want to make a move for rubio... But by then the Knicks will probably have him already

evans is our pointguard as gp and maloofs are believing.. but if he manages to slide over to the 2 we have two guys who can handle the ball.. one who creates for others, the other can create for himself.. no one can offer a right price for rubio.. rockets tried to offer brooks and battier and it got shot down... we have the right piece right now and his name is martin.. we get a bad contract in return shave off his salary for a couple of years and be a big player in the free agency.

he was injured a lot last year and that should give us an idea on how the team can play with out him.. sure we lost but with a real coach this time im sure the kings will adjust

I wanna see how Martin plays under westphal and with evans before we decide whether we want to make a move for rubio... But by then the Knicks will probably have him already
as far as walsh and khan are buddy buddies i dont think newyork has any piece for rubio... they give up nate and lee? they just get worse... i was laughing when it was the knicks turn to draft... david stern was like

"with the 8th pick in the 2009 nba draft the new york knicks select"

he looked at the paper like "wtf? am i reading this right!?"

"jordan hill"

knick fans boo...(whats up with that they boo every pick they have?)
but they were booing so hard when curry was picked 7th

Last edited:
forget about new york their trade offer just got rejected... wilson chandler and jordan hill for rubio lol.. were the only ones who have the possibility of walking away with two top 10 picks..

People should just forget about this and move on. We are NOT going to trade for Rubio. If we liked him as much as some people believe, we would have picked him up.

Evans is our guy going forward. Lets see how he settles in and what he shows us and if he doesn't work out as a PG for us, there is this kid that goes by the name of John Wall in 2010 Draft that will be a better player than Rubio. Wall's potential has franchise player written all over it.

We have no need to trade for Rubio now. Evans is our PG now and we have Beno and Sergio who complement him. We are no longer in the market for a PG. I think we should be focusing on how we can get some help in the front court and not worry too much about getting Rubio. The kid is good but some people are just going overboard with the Rubio love.

People should just forget about this and move on. We are NOT going to trade for Rubio. If we liked him as much as some people believe, we would have picked him up.

Evans is our guy going forward. Lets see how he settles in and what he shows us and if he doesn't work out as a PG for us, there is this kid that goes by the name of John Wall in 2010 Draft that will be a better player than Rubio. Wall's potential has franchise player written all over it.

We have no need to trade for Rubio now. Evans is our PG now and we have Beno and Sergio who complement him. We are no longer in the market for a PG. I think we should be focusing on how we can get some help in the front court and not worry too much about getting Rubio. The kid is good but some people are just going overboard with the Rubio love.

Agreed 100%. People need get over their man-love of Rubio...I'm sorry we're NOT getting him. He already feels spited that we picked Evans over him. that ship has sailed.

if he doesn't work out as a PG for us, there is this kid that goes by the name of John Wall in 2010 Draft that will be a better player than Rubio. Wall's potential has franchise player written all over it.
i look forward to the day when we kings fans can again have hopes and dreams for next season as opposed to for the next draft. :)

Wouldn't make any sense to trade for Rubio now and it would be absolutely insane to give up Martin for him. You just have to accept that our team management doesn't think very highly of his abilities. Given that they scouted him in Europe before the draft and he visited Sacramento after that, I'm sure that decision was based on solid judgments. Memphis and Oklahoma weren't too excited either. Anyway, whatever the reason was for passing on him, our front office would be hopelessly insecure if they were to do a panicked 180 turn just because some pundits grade our draft with D.

Last edited:
And since we didn't pick him but Minnesota did, logically their asking price in a hypothetical trade situation should be more than we want to give up.

And since we didn't pick him but Minnesota did, logically their asking price in a hypothetical trade situation should be more than we want to give up.

if youve seen the trade offers coming to them youd realize that we can offer them something that can actually help them and us too...

i mean minnesota will have to save face.. khan made a blunder there with his starting five consisting of pointguards...

I can't see us trading for Rubio even if Minnesota was to offer him on a cheap (i.e. for one of our bad contracts plus future pick). Precisely because it would be like us passing on him at higher price, but taking him on the "cheap", what with his buy out and all. Second, you just can't do that to Evans. One day he's your starting PG, next day you bring in another starting PG. Can't see that happening at all.

Now, if we traded with Wiz for the #5 and got both Evans and Rubio in one swoop move on the draft night, that's another story altogether. Phones in the ticket office would ring off the hook and the servers hosting this forum would melt down.

Everybody is missing the obvious. Minny needs a center. They are much more compatible trade partners with Portland (Oden), the Lakers (Bynum) etc... This is probably the value they want. We have nothing like that.

Everybody is missing the obvious. Minny needs a center. They are much more compatible trade partners with Portland (Oden), the Lakers (Bynum) etc... This is probably the value they want. We have nothing like that.
Why even go there? ;)

That would be the worst case scenario - Rubio as a Laker.

if we were to trade for one of minny's point guards, i think it would be flynn, i dont think petrie is that interested in rubio now. we get flynn and they keep rubio for the future.

news from sport5 which is site from isreal
real madrid who bought couch masina and 2 more great players are willing to pay 2.5 millyon euro to riki ruvio if he plays with them.
real are doing the same thing in bascketball as they do in soccer.they averyone they want ut is cresy.

Why even go there? ;)

That would be the worst case scenario - Rubio as a Laker.
Ohhh man. Can you imagine the blood feud mentality? Rubio and the Lakers trying to pick us apart every chance they get? And out of anger Evans would just bulldoze him over every other play. My god that would be good for basketball.

When you think about it, the wolve really don't have to trade Rubio for less than his value. I think he just needs to work out a new buyout deal and he'll play this year, and if not then they have a PG. If Flynn plays well, then they can either trade him for a SG or Rubio.

If we're talking about trading to get Rubio...I'd say if Evans doesn't work out at PG and belongs at SG and of course becomes as good as we hope I wouldn't trade for Rubio, I'd trade Martin who would be the only one to get you something good for a legit PG.

if we were to trade for one of minny's point guards, i think it would be flynn, i dont think petrie is that interested in rubio now. we get flynn and they keep rubio for the future.
I disagree, I think Rubio is a project where Evans is more of a start now guy with the ability to play the 2 in the long run. Rubio would be the perfect guy to put on the bench, let him learn the NBA style and gain a few lbs while he gets used to the NBA game. I don't think we should be offering a KMart for a project though, I suspect he'd go a tad cheaper then that.. As far as I'm concerned if KMart is being traded for a PG his name better be Harris, Paul, Williams, or Parker. And only really one on that list would be realistic to get in a trade I think...

The Rubio love among some fans has gone from illogical to completely absurd.

THE KINGS PASSED ON RUBIO. They could have had him. They didn't want him. Furthermore, it sounds as if in the event they couldn't get Evans they wanted Flynn over Rubio.

They scouted him. They had him in for a workout. They passed.

Time to let this go.

wow.

people on here act as though selecting Evans over Rubio with the #4 pick indicated that the Kings organization has gone over to the Rubio household and peed on their dog.

THe selection doesn't mean that the kings mngmt decided Rubio was crap, it means that they thought Evans was either a slightly better player, or a slightly better fit. THey still clearly thought highly of BOTH players.

this doesn't meant they should trade for him at this point.... but jeez, it is not this huge black or white scenario.

The Rubio love among some fans has gone from illogical to completely absurd.

THE KINGS PASSED ON RUBIO. They could have had him. They didn't want him. Furthermore, it sounds as if in the event they couldn't get Evans they wanted Flynn over Rubio.

They scouted him. They had him in for a workout. They passed.

Time to let this go.
Sure, 'cause this would be the first time ever that an NBA GM did not make the right call.

I don't have a stake in Rubio's career, especially now that he won't be a King. I also have nothing against EVans and I think that he will be a very good, potentially great addition. But, and this is a major but - the draft was 1 player deep (Griffin) when you look at who can be projected as a relatively sure thing. Otherwise, it's a bunch of question marks. Rubio's question mark is juct more compelling to me (can he be a transformational PG in the NBA?) then other question marks (can Tabeeth develop offence, can Evans play PG in NBA etc.).

I don't see what's illogical or absurd in it. The fact that Rubio was snapped at #5, by a team that also had #6 pick and two other 1st round picks, but no indication that Rubio would play for them or that 2 days later Houston is offering Battier and Brooks for him tells you just how rational it is to have wanted Rubio on your team.

Sure, 'cause this would be the first time ever that an NBA GM did not make the right call.

I don't have a stake in Rubio's career, especially now that he won't be a King. I also have nothing against EVans and I think that he will be a very good, potentially great addition. But, and this is a major but - the draft was 1 player deep (Griffin) when you look at who can be projected as a relatively sure thing. Otherwise, it's a bunch of question marks. Rubio's question mark is juct more compelling to me (can he be a transformational PG in the NBA?) then other question marks (can Tabeeth develop offence, can Evans play PG in NBA etc.).

I don't see what's illogical or absurd in it. The fact that Rubio was snapped at #5, by a team that also had #6 pick and two other 1st round picks, but no indication that Rubio would play for them or that 2 days later Houston is offering Battier and Brooks for him tells you just how rational it is to have wanted Rubio on your team.
No, I'm sorry, it's illogical and absurd. If the front office thought Rubio was going to develop into the best point guard in the class they could have drafted him. They didn't. Now they're going to turn around and trade for him when they're invested in at least giving Evans a shot at the point guard spot?

Let. Rubio. Go. I'm not saying that he won't develop into a fine player someday. But it's not happening with the Kings. It's time to let it go.

No, I'm sorry, it's illogical and absurd. If the front office thought Rubio was going to develop into the best point guard in the class they could have drafted him. They didn't. Now they're going to turn around and trade for him when they're invested in at least giving Evans a shot at the point guard spot?

Let. Rubio. Go. I'm not saying that he won't develop into a fine player someday. But it's not happening with the Kings. It's time to let it go.
No, _I_ am sorry, you don't get to tell me what to let-go-of and if Rubio pans out for someone GP doesn't get off the hook, unless Evans is Wade MkII.

If you scroll up in the thread, you'll see that I am agreeing with you that we should not trade for Rubio even if Sota would play dice with us. Still doesn't change the fact that there is nothing irrational or absurd about _having_ wanted the guy in the first place.

Besides, I trust GP and Maloofs as much as I trust that Muss and Teus will coach against each other in NBA finals.