Point guard

If as expected Toronto use the amnesty clause on Calderon, I would expect us to place a bid to get him on the cheap Outlaw style. He is a PG and is a good shooter but don't expect him to be able to guard a chair. That is the life of a team that is owned by a bunch of broke clowns.
Please don't use outlaw style to mean something good. Can we say billups style? Billups style is to get a great player at a great price. Outlaw style is to overbid only yourself to get a player no one wants and to now have him for many a year at a price he won't currently fetch.

Being a kings fan is horrid.

The Kings have 5 guys who can bring the ball up. IT and Reke we have seen a bunch and both are pretty good. Salmons and T Will looked pretty good bringing the ball up for the second team in stretches. I expect Jimmer will improve.

That said I would be on board with Nash or any good vet PG coming to the Kings. A healthy Nash puts the Kings close to the 8th seed, maybe they make the post season depending on how the West stacks up.

I expect Nash ends up back with the Suns or in Dallas with old pal Dirk.

KB

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings have 5 guys who can bring the ball up. IT and Reke we have seen a bunch and both are pretty good. Salmons and T Will looked pretty good bringing the ball up for the second team in stretches. I expect Jimmer will improve.

That said I would be on board with Nash or any good vet PG coming to the Kings. A healthy Nash puts the Kings close to the 8th seed, maybe they make the post season depending on how the West stacks up.

KB
I expect that it might be just a tad bit easier to aquire Calderon, than Nash. I wouldn't be upset with Calderon, but he won't help our perimeter defense.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

KB
Toronto is also purportedly going to offer him a 2yr $12mil per contract to come back home, so they have to be in the running too. We, however, are not.

Our PG position for the most part is fine. We have a major need of a full sized defensive/spot shooting SF. Batum or Kirilenko would be great. Too bad it is unlikely we would pay for them.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Make a trade for Kyle Lowry and sign Matt Barnes. There offseason done. any delusions of Batum, Wallace, Ak47 are just that delusional. only player we can get above mediocore would have to be via trade. As far as free agency goes Barnes is a guy we could get. He is a good defender and so is Lowry.

Make a trade for Kyle Lowry and sign Matt Barnes. There offseason done. any delusions of Batum, Wallace, Ak47 are just that delusional. only player we can get above mediocore would have to be via trade. As far as free agency goes Barnes is a guy we could get. He is a good defender and so is Lowry.
I don't think we have the trade chips for Lowry. Thornton is the obvious option here but Houston have more SGs than they could poke a stick at. I know Martin is expiring and unlikely to be back but they just drafted Lamb and are planning on re-signing Courtney Lee.

Even then, with MT, he is our best trade chip and if we trade him for Lowry, we have traded our best trade chip without addressing 2 main needs that we have (a starting calibre SF and defensive shot blocking big).

We need to be super smart about how we get things done this off-season. Lowry would be great get but at this point, its a sideways move because he doesn't address the SF or the interior shot blocker need.

PG upgrade would be really nice, but at this stage it is not a priority for this team. IT can run the point, Reke can play there some and if we bring T-Will back he can play there some. Then there is also Salmons with the second unit that has actually been productive in a role as a PG. None of those are perfect solutions but they will do for the time being. SF and the defensive big are a much more urgent need for us.