Petrie Complaining about Muss?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Privately complained?? So where did this joker from the Daily News get this tidbit?

Petrie is a very private person. No way he complained of this privately where it could make it to the press. If Geoff is thinking this, no one is going to "hear" this.

I call B.S.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
like petrie is innocent in all this? don't think so.
I don't think Petrie has been able to call the shots like he used to - a lot of these moves seem more Maloof-oriented.
Artest wasn't his call and Muss wasn't his call. That doesn't mean he's without blame, but I don't think he has the free reign that he used to.

Privately complained?? So where did this joker from the Daily News get this tidbit?

Petrie is a very private person. No way he complained of this privately where it could make it to the press. If Geoff is thinking this, no one is going to "hear" this.

I call B.S.
I'm leaning towards agreeing with you, simply because of Petrie's reknowned silence on issues and Mitch Lawrence's general unreliability.

The way I see it is...pretty much all of us can agree upon Muss's poor coaching decisions, meaning Kings Fans, press, and casual NBA watchers. Most likely, Petrie is feeling that sentiment as well. Also, keep in mind, people in Vegas tend to have bigger mouths than in the real world...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The way I see it is...pretty much all of us can agree upon Muss's poor coaching decisions, meaning Kings Fans, press, and casual NBA watchers. Most likely, Petrie is feeling that sentiment as well. Also, keep in mind, people in Vegas tend to have bigger mouths than in the real world...

Which is exactly why I do not believe Petrie would say such feelings to anyone, even if he feels that way.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've certainly seen Petrie quotes this year that lead me to believe that he has real doubts about Muss and is not exactly in his corner. But whether Mithc Lawrence was actually able to speak to somebody in Geoff's confidence about it I have real doubts -- why I did not post the article when I saw it this morning.

As an aside, we've also seen recent quotes that indicate the Maloofs are still unwilling to admit any mistake in the Muss decision -- attempting to save face through stubborness. So I rather suspect that just like the hiring, any firing of Muss would not be up to Geoff at all.

Wait a minute I though Muss was Petries guy? And the Whiz was going to be hired without even any other interviews if you'd listened to the things on this board at the time?

So which is it? :confused:

Wait a minute I though Muss was Petries guy? And the Whiz was going to be hired without even any other interviews if you'd listened to the things on this board at the time?

So which is it? :confused:
Muss was the Maloof's guy...and so was Whiz. Petrie was nothing more than a pawn in that whole thing. As you remember, Muss was the one who showed up with his power point presentations and wowed the Maloof family into hiring him...and the rest is history.:D

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Muss was the Maloof's guy...and so was Whiz. Petrie was nothing more than a pawn in that whole thing. As you remember, Muss was the one who showed up with his power point presentations and wowed the Maloof family into hiring him...and the rest is history.:D
IIRC, Petrie was just trying to ge the Maloofs to interview more than Whiz, whether or not Muss was "Petrie's" choice is unclear, I think.

Unless someone wants to go digging for old quotes from when he was hired and prove me wrong.... :confused: ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
IIRC, Petrie was just trying to ge the Maloofs to interview more than Whiz, whether or not Muss was "Petrie's" choice is unclear, I think.

Unless someone wants to go digging for old quotes from when he was hired and prove me wrong.... :confused: ;)
Whiz was the Maloof's guy all the way -- to whatever degree there was a "plan", that was it, unbelievable as it seems.

What Geoff apparently tried to do is to get them to rethink that and at least take a look at other interviewees. Once that was accomplished, Muss again was the Maloof's choice, not Geoff. The interviewee best able to wow in an interview and schmooze with youngish owners. Muss was not Geoff's guy, but he ended up being the best Geoff could do to save them/us from hiring Whiz.

I would think that Muss was somebody suggested by Geoff as a potential interviewee, same way as Mario Elie was. But he didn't make the final call, the Maloofs did. And now they are very invested in their young stat spouting schmoozing coach, at least so long as he continues to let them treat him like a child who has to check in with his parents every evening. He was their choice, their guy who was going to be an anti-Adelman and show the rest of teh league how young smart guys do it. He was going to take them all the way -- the Maloofs freely admit being so hilariously deluded they were thinking championship once they hired a coach who had yet, and quite likely after this year will still yet to have ever won 40 games in a year. This was them meddling and trying to get one of "their" guys in there. Someone of their generation who could speak their language and was well versed in telling them what they wanted to hear.