Peja should really learn from Dirk

sloter said:
I can't believe all the praises for Chrisie and such for their performance in the playoffs when their shots were wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open partly thanks to the fact that seven guys are covering Pedja.
LOL... are u serious??:D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There is no need to overinflate Dirk's clutch performances (sporadic) to say that he has done better than Peja. That's not hard. In the playoffs, Peja is not only mortal, he's mediocre. His FG% was 50th in the league amongst qualifying players, (100th amongst all players) in these playoffs. That ain't good. It was worse than all of the other starters. It was .70pts worse than the much reviled Webber hobbling around on one leg. In short, it sucked no matter how Dirk did.

But just for comparison, here is Dirk regular season vs. Peja regular season over their careers:
Dirk
35.9min 20.4pts (.464FG% .372 3pt% .853FT%) 8.3reb 2.4ast 1.0stl 1.0blk 1.8TO
Peja
33.4min 18.2pts (.468FG% .398 3pt% .885FT%) 5.1reb 2.0ast 1.1stl 0.1blk 1.6TO

you equalize out the minutes, and you have very similar numbers in every way except that Dirk, as the bigger player, grabs more boards and blocks more shots (which is his unique aspect).

But now for the playoffs:
Dirk
42.3min 25.6pts (.455FG% .420 3pt% .889FT%) 11.0reb 1.9ast 1.4stl 1.1blk 2.1TO
Peja
36.3min 16.8pts (.413FG% .352 3pt% .896FT%) 6.1reb 1.3ast 0.9stl 0.2blk 1.6TO

And the resemblance is gone. One guy has stepped up his game considerably, the other has shrunk away.

sloter said:
I can't believe all the praises for Chrisie and such for their performance in the playoffs when their shots were wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open partly thanks to the fact that seven guys are covering Pedja.
Peja had his fair share of wide open shots; he bricked a lot of them. Things were getting so bad for him, he started to force shots and there were times he played outside of the offense, which is unusual for Peja. It was tough to see him struggle like that.

All game 3 proves is that he has the capability to put up big numbers, but having capability and actually making things happen are two different things.