Peja needs to go

Elektrik said:
1-He rebounds less than ever
2-He goes after fewer loose balls than ever
3-Peja fouls less than ever

I agree that he respects the game. As do all the Kings players. However, being human it is natural for someone to not be as productive or to reach their potential when they are unhappy about the situation they are in whether they are professional or not. Peja already told us he want s out.
He may be trying but as I said before, I just don't feel his heart is still with this team. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.
I don't think you play the defense he has all season and not be trying hard (To me defense has always been 90% hustle and determination 10% skills). Or talk stategies to your teammates on how you can get open as he was today.Peja is who he is. This year, I think people are just using what happened in the offseason to mask what has really been going on his whole career. He has not had a great year offensively, althought he is avg. 20 pts, but everything else has been pretty much the same to me.

SacTownKid said:
I know we should start up another one of those ever important "I LOVE THIS TEAM" threads.

sorry I couldn't resist.
I'd rather see 50 more "I love this team" posts than another post wanting to trade one of our players just because we (barely) lost a game. But that's just me.

ReinadelosReys said:
But see, its going to happen. I can already see the formations of it. Sooner or later, this team is going to click, and I mean really click. Either the teams we have faced the last couple of weeks are just really poor defensively, or as I suspect, we are getting our offense back. You know the "you can't stop us offense." The " we can pass better than anyone in the NBA and when you can pass like us you are capable of making any defense look stupid" type of offense. Sooner of later, and mind you we do only have 30 something games left, Peja is going to get it going, Cat, Bibby, Brad, Webb everyone. Call me a homer if you want, but I think I see it coming.
Thats an awesome quote, do you mind if I use it in my signature?

Bricklayer said:
Okay look, truth now. It has to be out in the open, so just going to say it:

Peja is a SOFT player. He has every soft trait imaginable. He does not rebound. He does not hustle. He does not fight back. He does not show up in the playoffs. He gets taken out of his game by aggressive defenders. He's soft. Its everything as a fan you HATE to see in a player.

And when you're a team and a fanbase sick of being soft all of that screams trade him, trade him now, and never look back.

BUT, he's also a heck of a talent. One of the finest shooters ever. And of all of the guys not named Webber on the Kings the guy who is best suited to be a primary weapon. He's not a superstar. Never will be. Doesn't make others better. Plays the game for and within himself. Not a passer. Not a help defender. All of that is true. But with Webber aging Peja is the best thing we have going as an eventual replacement for a primary scorer. If you're going to move him you better get back a SERIOUS player. This team, here today, can afford to trade Peja. With Cat on board we have enough shooting to survive without him. But we're REALLY dangerous with him. And the time is ticking on the Webber era, and none of the other guys (Bibby/Brad/mobley) etc. are #1 options on a great team.
Peja may be soft but webbr and cuttino are headcases.Webber hit a 3 pointer to put the game into overtime against the rockets he beat the bucks with a game winner but when has chric webber won a game or came up big when it really counts be it NCAA championship game or a Big game against the spurs this season or any other games that he has won as a so called superstar player for his TEAM in a Big game.What about his headcase free throws tonight you missed those did you.What about his poor play making down the stretch.He really was iced at the free throw line because nellie called the timeout to get in his head.

The kings have enough shooters with cuttino maybe.But cuttino has not helped the kings win one Big game since he has been a king.They have played the spurs with cuttino Suns,Sonics,and mavericks all losses no wins against the top TEAMS.The jury is still out on whether cuttino is the replacement shooter to peja because he still hasn't shown he is a factor in a Big game yet.His playmaking in crunch time is not Good and he forces shots goes 1 on 4 with 16,17 seconds into the shot clock.Between cuttino and webber the kings have a double headed monster of self exalted poor crunch time play makers in Big games.The combination of the Two is scary and will continue to be this way unless everyone from top to bottom takes responsibilty for their personal actions and how these actions effect the TEAM.It's not one player who has loose screws all of them can fix something with their games.

THE whole Team is at fault here not just peja because he fazes out during the playoffs and he is soft which he is.He is a very soft player.But webber is a HEADCASE and he's been one since college he displayed some of it tonight missing 2 free throws in CRUNCH TIME and cuttino mobley is another HEAD TRIP making bad passes forcing shots poor clock manager etc etc.

The whole team must make improvments and look in the mirror not just peja because he is soft.

shaka zulu said:
Peja may be soft but webbr and cuttino are headcases.Webber hit a 3 pointer to put the game into overtime against the rockets he beat the bucks with a game winner but when has chric webber won a game or came up big when it really counts be it NCAA championship game or a Big game against the spurs this season or any other games that he has won as a so called superstar player for his TEAM in a Big game.What about his headcase free throws tonight you missed those did you.What about his poor play making down the stretch.He really was iced at the free throw line because nellie called the timeout to get in his head.

The kings have enough shooters with cuttino maybe.But cuttino has not helped the kings win one Big game since he has been a king.They have played the spurs with cuttino Suns,Sonics,and mavericks all losses no wins against the top TEAMS.The jury is still out on whether cuttino is the replacement shooter to peja because he still hasn't shown he is a factor in a Big game yet.His playmaking in crunch time is not Good and he forces shots goes 1 on 4 with 16,17 seconds into the shot clock.Between cuttino and webber the kings have a double headed monster of self exalted poor crunch time play makers in Big games.The combination of the Two is scary and will continue to be this way unless everyone from top to bottom takes responsibilty for their personal actions and how these actions effect the TEAM.It's not one player who has loose screws all of them can fix something with their games.

THE whole Team is at fault here not just peja because he fazes out during the playoffs and he is soft which he is.He is a very soft player.But webber is a HEADCASE and he's been one since college he displayed some of it tonight missing 2 free throws in CRUNCH TIME and cuttino mobley is another HEAD TRIP making bad passes forcing shots poor clock manager etc etc.

The whole team must make improvments and look in the mirror not just peja because he is soft.
You know, I really don't know if you actually take yourself serious and actually believe all of this to be true or are just doing this for an effect. Here at Kingsfans, we're a tight nit group, so, please help us, or me at least, understand what could possibly go through the mind of one shaka zulu

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
shaka zulu said:

That's a pretty blatant attempt to hijack and distract a thread you don't like. Anything further in that vein will be deleted. Thx.

I wish Peja would have taken the last shot tonight, even though he had that guy way up in his face. I want C-Webb to say to Peja, "I want you to take the game winning shot next time." or something. And Peja would be all like, "Umm, ok, if you say so." And then he does take the shot next time, and he makes it, and then he's like, "Wow!! I have awesome basketball skills" and its a huge boost to his confidence, and he starts averaging 35 points per game. And then He gets double teamed a lot so he's like, "Yo, C-Webb, I'm double teamed, go do something funky with the ball" and so C-Webb goes like, "Uh huh suckapunch" and then C-Webb starts throwing down mad crazy dunks and hook shots, and even an ocassionaly 3 point hook shot. And then C-Webb gets like quadruple team and he's like, "Yo, yo, Bibbs, go do your thing," and passes Bibby the ball. And Bibby's all like, "OH YEAH" and he gets the ball and runs all over the place and starts getting like 20 assists per game and he goes on a hot date with Steve Nash's mom just so he can have the upper hand on him when they start trash talking. And then Steve Nash's mom makes lemonade and its the best lemonade ever and I get to have some and its super good, like super sour because thats how lemonade is supposed to be.

Anyways, thats what would happen in a perfect world. Oh yeah and Brad would get like 16 rebounds per game just cuz he's that pumped up that they're playing that good. And Cuttino would win the rookie of the year award just cuz.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gregorius said:
And Cuttino would win the rookie of the year award just cuz.
I was with you right up until there^^

I don't think we could get away with Cuttino taking the ROY award. He's been in the league about five years, I think.

;)

Gregorius said:
I wish Peja would have taken the last shot tonight, even though he had that guy way up in his face. I want C-Webb to say to Peja, "I want you to take the game winning shot next time." or something. And Peja would be all like, "Umm, ok, if you say so." And then he does take the shot next time, and he makes it, and then he's like, "Wow!! I have awesome basketball skills" and its a huge boost to his confidence, and he starts averaging 35 points per game. And then He gets double teamed a lot so he's like, "Yo, C-Webb, I'm double teamed, go do something funky with the ball" and so C-Webb goes like, "Uh huh suckapunch" and then C-Webb starts throwing down mad crazy dunks and hook shots, and even an ocassionaly 3 point hook shot. And then C-Webb gets like quadruple team and he's like, "Yo, yo, Bibbs, go do your thing," and passes Bibby the ball. And Bibby's all like, "OH YEAH" and he gets the ball and runs all over the place and starts getting like 20 assists per game and he goes on a hot date with Steve Nash's mom just so he can have the upper hand on him when they start trash talking. And then Steve Nash's mom makes lemonade and its the best lemonade ever and I get to have some and its super good, like super sour because thats how lemonade is supposed to be.
Dude, gimme some of what you're taking.

jeffjcalweb said:
we don't really care about facts & details VF21 as of right now i'm heading up the campaign to get mobley ROY!

;)
Yeah, we just need to sneak into league headquarters and change some papers around.... no biggie...

Gregorius said:

Anyways, thats what would happen in a perfect world. Oh yeah and Brad would get like 16 rebounds per game just cuz he's that pumped up that they're playing that good. And Cuttino would win the rookie of the year award just cuz.
::crickets::

;) :D

Love it, espesically the part where Peja says "wow I have awesome basketball skills" and Webb throws in " 3 pt hook shots"

P.S. I nominate this for post of the week.

peja for pierce right now! no more european nice guy family fun fun. time to get reeeeeeeeeally bad. badder than michael jackson bad.

well said brick, I was gonna respond to that insightful analysis, glad I didn't. So back to the question at hand. Is Peja so soft as to merit trading??? Kind of begs two issues. Trade for whom? Second is a bit more long winded. The Kings are troupe of role-cast players in search of a greater outcome. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing. That seems to be the strategy that Petrie brings to the table. So if Peja, or any other player, demonstrates a consistent lack of performance in their role, sure - find a better role player. What does Peja need? A better help defender(s) alongside him. More consistent inside play to free him up. He runs well, provides great distraction for the opposition, can absolutely torche a team, passes well? (OK, "well" may be an exageration). I guess this rant has less to do with trading Peja, or even whether he is soft (which he is) - it is about the witches brew of talent, role playing, chemistry, coaching, timing, that concoct NBA success (champions). On any given night, we have all of the ingredients. All we can hope for is a consistent mixture. Just because one player is flat for a night doesn't absolve the remaining eleven (plus the coaching staff) to make adjustments. But alas, we only seem to adjust when someone is not available due to injury or suspension.

S

SaCKiNgS24

jon e said:
peja for pierce right now! no more european nice guy family fun fun. time to get reeeeeeeeeally bad. badder than michael jackson bad.
we gonna invite kids to our homes?

WhyNotUs? said:
well said brick, I was gonna respond to that insightful analysis, glad I didn't. So back to the question at hand. Is Peja so soft as to merit trading??? Kind of begs two issues. Trade for whom? Second is a bit more long winded. The Kings are troupe of role-cast players in search of a greater outcome. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing. That seems to be the strategy that Petrie brings to the table. So if Peja, or any other player, demonstrates a consistent lack of performance in their role, sure - find a better role player. What does Peja need? A better help defender(s) alongside him. More consistent inside play to free him up. He runs well, provides great distraction for the opposition, can absolutely torche a team, passes well? (OK, "well" may be an exageration). I guess this rant has less to do with trading Peja, or even whether he is soft (which he is) - it is about the witches brew of talent, role playing, chemistry, coaching, timing, that concoct NBA success (champions). On any given night, we have all of the ingredients. All we can hope for is a consistent mixture. Just because one player is flat for a night doesn't absolve the remaining eleven (plus the coaching staff) to make adjustments. But alas, we only seem to adjust when someone is not available due to injury or suspension.
Peja is soft in a sense that his strengths and weaknesses mirror that of his teammates. A change at his positition is the only viable option I see. Webber can't go, Miller can't, and Bibby can't. Plus Peja stated he wanted a trade, and even though I don't know his exact mindset now, I do know he has not said otherwise.

ReinadelosReys said:
I don't think you play the defense he has all season and not be trying hard (To me defense has always been 90% hustle and determination 10% skills).

IMHO I disagree. Defense is 33% hustle, 33% skill, and 33% athleticism. I used to think that it was 90/10. But if it were that easy many more players would be excellent defenders. I see it like shooting, passing, rebounding. You either have the abilty to do it consistantly or you don't. You also cant go all out all the time defenively or you'll tank will be bone dry come playoff time.

I believe we have the skill and the hustle (in the playoffs) but we dot have the athleticism inside.

ReinadelosReys said:
You know, I really don't know if you actually take yourself serious and actually believe all of this to be true or are just doing this for an effect. Here at Kingsfans, we're a tight nit group, so, please help us, or me at least, understand what could possibly go through the mind of one shaka zulu

lol.....

You might regret that. You never know what you might find:p

Gregorius said:
I gotta say, these are crappy times to be Peja Stojakovich. His game is in a slump, and his best friend for many year left on his own free will. Maybe he thought for a while that he could be traded to LA so he could be back with Vlade again, but I don't think things are going too well between them anymore (did you guys hear about during one game vs. the Lakers Vlade was yelling, "Choke! Choke!" whenever Peja got the ball?) So, I dunno, it seems like Peja doesn't know what he's doing with his life anymore, or something. (Yeah, I know that seems cheezy, "doesn't know what he's doing with his life").
You could read his mind.....

So he had a bad game and his good friend went to another team, so now you ASSUME he doesn't know what to do with his life. JEEZ.

:rolleyes:

shaka zulu said:
cuttino needs to go his crunch time decisions are poor.His early good play is a Tease.He makes to many late Game mistakes.The kings have still not beat a western conference contender with cuttino.
Give this a rest!!!

We lost to SA(I believe twice), Minny Seatlle and we beat Phoenix with Doug. I'm not sure what your point is and quite frankly in some of the games we have won with Cuttino we would have lost if Christie would have been in there. In that win against Phoenix we also had Bobby Jackson.

Peja looks like he's somewhere else. Physically present but...
He doesn't look involved in the team anymore. He really seems to care less. Hes still scoring though but hes not having those performances that lift the team over the opponent. Such a strange feeling.

Other than that I just feel like if we were having BJax healthy right now, our record wouldn't be that bad. Don't you feel so?

(I didn't even talk about the refs cuz it's no longer a X factor for the team :):( )

Pretty much reading the first page so if someone has said this than I am sorry..

He has seemed out of sorts ALL year. and I have been flaming him about it. It just does not seem like he wants to be here and his play reflects it.

Kind of the same thing when I hate the place I work for.. I will be happy, and OK some of the days, but others I will ust be worse than anyone possibly could think I could ever be..

Gregorius said:

ahahahaha, where in the hell did you come up with all that?

" 'Wow!! I have awesome basketball skills' " haha that is GREAT

ReinadelosReys said:
In a Team game like Basketball everyone must be held accountable for their actions on the court.Everyone is at fault you cannot focus on one player's mental weakness for being soft and ignore another players mental weakness for missing clutch free throws averaging high numbers of turnovers and not making Good crunch time plays when it counts.Good coaches from the past and into the present make the super star players all the way down to the role players held accountable for their actions and how these actions effect the TEAMS chances at winning and losing.It's cool you have a tight nit bunch and everyone agrees and know one Begs the differ but how many Good TEAMS from the past and future have everyone just agree.You can go down the Basketball archives and you will see most of the Dynasty teams had players and coaches both who didn't really agree on everything but a certain energy a certain skill was valued between the players and coaches respectively.

I don't get it but I feel if you are going to talk about how peja is so buttery and soft you have to look at some of the other players with issues and hang ups.You guy's are tight nit group so I will respect that and just leave like that.PEACE

ReinadelosReys said:
But see, its going to happen. I can already see the formations of it. Sooner or later, this team is going to click, and I mean really click. Either the teams we have faced the last couple of weeks are just really poor defensively, or as I suspect, we are getting our offense back. You know the "you can't stop us offense." The " we can pass better than anyone in the NBA and when you can pass like us you are capable of making any defense look stupid" type of offense. Sooner of later, and mind you we do only have 30 something games left, Peja is going to get it going, Cat, Bibby, Brad, Webb everyone. Call me a homer if you want, but I think I see it coming.
It's not offense that we should be worry about. We have the " you cant stop us offense", but we also have the "FREE LAYUP here" defense. We score well above 100 the last couple games, but so did our opponent. What we need is for them to click defensively, and so far i havnt seen any sign of that.