One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeee this is why none of us will never be NBA GMs. Almost 99% of Kings fan petitioned for Karl. Look at the back fire. Maybe if the FO wasn't under all this pressure by the fans, the hire wouldn't have happened and we could've had Thibbs.

Yea, hopefully the FO will NEVER take in consideration of fan's opinions.

Even with that being said, I'm going to write a strong letter to Vlade about how we should pick Mario or WCS
Lol. How long were you waiting for this? Most fans said hell no to Landry. Most said no to Stauskas. Most said the trade down for Jimmer was stupid.

Over the last 5 years, the majority of fans would have been far better as a democratic rule than Maloof/Vivek running the show. But sure, cling to your one, single, lonely, piece of evidence.

It sounds like Vivek is going to let Vlade take ownership of firing Karl to deflect blame off himself for the boondoggle of firing a third coach this year. Whatever, it's kind of slimy but I guess the ends justify the means...

Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean 5m5 minutes ago
There is flat out rage from Kings organization at the wildfire of these reports. Could sense in Vlade's tone at arena site - but now...YIKES
Good. There should be rage. Kings need to put their foot down and start telling the media and the Lakers to shove some rumors in some places. They should do the same with Karl. Fire him or keep him, I get the logic both sides. But Vlade should sit him down one on one and just let him know how it's going to work. And ask Karl if he can be OK with that. If he says yes, let the HOF coach do his job with the personnel. If not, then ship him out and bring in someone else. It's time to put some big boy pants on and start acting like a 1/30th piece of one of the world's premier sports organizations, not the wonky ass backwards crap that Vivek has been trying to sell.

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
Kings owner Vivek Ranadive has considered possibility of firing George Karl just 4 months after hiring coach. (via @Chris_Broussard)
And then this:

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 2m2 minutes ago
High-ranking Kings source said George Karl not going anywhere, not even discussed. Divac in particular livid about the flood of speculation

Media is all over the place on this. I don't trust the national guys as far as I can throw them. And with my bad back I shouldn't be throwing anyone.

The current ownership group is making the guys above seem competent. I'm not saying I want them back or anything like that. But these morons above were much much much better an running an NBA team than this group. In two year, JUST TWO YEARS!, they've made things as bad as they've ever been on the basketball side.

Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean 5m5 minutes ago
There is flat out rage from Kings organization at the wildfire of these reports. Could sense in Vlade's tone at arena site - but now...YIKES
Maybe we all need to take a step back, the story is changing too much. Who is leaking all of this stuff? It seems we are getting conflicting report every couple of minutes now.

Fans can believe what they want, but the potential major fallout from this is that it looks like Cousins is buying all of this stuff. I'm still not convinced that Karl is orchestrating some master plan behind the scenes, maybe he is, maybe not, but Cousins seems to think he is.

I think this has reached a point to where the organization needs to come out and make a statement, pick a side and stick with it. I understand it's frustrating as none of this fire may be their fault or coming from them, could all be coming from Cousins' agent. Either way they need to say something.

I still get the sense that 90% of this could be resolved if Vlade, Karl, and Cousins sit down in a room together. It's so childish: "You did X that showed me you don't like me so I'll do Y to show you I don't like you". Time to start putting some water on this fire instead of gasoline.
Surprise. It's an oil fire.

The current ownership group is making the guys above seem competent. I'm not saying I want them back or anything like that. But these morons above were much much much better an running an NBA team than this group. In two year, JUST TWO YEARS!, they've made things as bad as they've ever been on the basketball side.
Nothing was as bad as the last few years of the Magoof ownership.

Trading away draft pick to pay the payroll, come on? Stop gaps to just make the payroll floor?

Magoofs just saw the Kings as their cash cow.

Vivek and Co have made a lot of mistakes, but at least they are trying to get it right.

As bad as the Maloofs were at the end, at least in the Golden Years they were just a bunch of rich D-bags cheering from the sidelines and let Petrie and Adelman do their jobs. Yikes this is nuts.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 4m4 minutes ago
High-ranking Kings source said George Karl not going anywhere, not even discussed. Divac in particular livid about the flood of speculation
How much do you want to bet this is all Fegan? Every single bit of it.

If Ailene is right, the front office is circling the wagons, and it's going to be an all out Divac Vs. Fegan Grudge Match To The Death.

The implications of all out war on Fegan are not pleasant. But if Fegan is orchestrating this media burn on our franchise to get Cousins traded to L.A., you have to have that war. You cannot let an agent trash your franchise like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.