Olden Polynice on Marvin Bagley

I don't understand how people can forget how much we have invested in this kid. We just drafted him 2nd pick of the whole draft. The kid is a walking double double. Every mistake he makes he gets yanked. Imagine if Luka had that short of string. He's getting 25 min a game and it's sporadic. Nobody in this forum can tell me who will be playing next game and how many minutes they will be getting. This coaching staff doesn't allow anyone to get comfortable in there roles. Only fox is guaranteed minutes. You can't build a team this way

I'm about over Bagley at this point. I keep holding out hope for him, he just makes stupid, low IQ basketball mistakes every game. For a guy that physically gifted, should be able to play SOME D, yet he can't seem to figure out how this game works or how to stay healthy. He's super frustrating.
I believe he works hard, I just don't know what he works hard at. Like how he spent his off-season working out with his brother and dad. One on one and post moves? Horse?

monte has ties to houston and daryl morey right? jump on that harden trade.

kings-thybulle, pj tucker and maybe one of houstons 2 2021 first rounders
rockets-ben simmons, bagley, justin james
sixers-harden

sixers get multiple all star and multiple mvp candidate in harden
rockets get simmons and bagley to start their rebuild
we get our defensive stopper that luke things cojo is, a stretch 4, move bagley for a 2021 first and best of all, get rid of his dad

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y77ueylk

I don't understand how people can forget how much we have invested in this kid. We just drafted him 2nd pick of the whole draft. The kid is a walking double double. Every mistake he makes he gets yanked. Imagine if Luka had that short of string. He's getting 25 min a game and it's sporadic. Nobody in this forum can tell me who will be playing next game and how many minutes they will be getting. This coaching staff doesn't allow anyone to get comfortable in there roles. Only fox is guaranteed minutes. You can't build a team this way
It doesn’t matter that we invested all of this into him. He’s a sunk cost; investing more into him won’t yield the results we want. Time to move on.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also the whole root of this tweeting issue appears to be “vocal father wants son in position to succeed” which... somehow means we should punish his son?

Pretty much the only difference between what Marvin Sr. is doing and what the Holmes family does on Twitter is that the Holmeses post videos of themselves dancing when we win

Sunk cost? He didn't even play terrible today. He's honestly had one bad game this season. Other than that he's been more than solid. You judge it that that way nobody on this team has had a great game every game, especially our franchise player in fox. I'm not saying he's the chosen one, but what I am saying is anyone chosen 2nd pick deserves the opportunity to suck. Last year was gone. First year he played great but didn't get pt this year feels like his rookie year. Just saying let's see what this kid has for 30 min a game. Because him being a bench player won't cut it for this team. He won't accept that role and neither will fans.

Also the whole root of this tweeting issue appears to be “vocal father wants son in position to succeed” which... somehow means we should punish his son?

Pretty much the only difference between what Marvin Sr. is doing and what the Holmes family does on Twitter is that the Holmeses post videos of themselves dancing when we win
the only difference?
47FB32DE-5F16-4E48-8314-16D2916532D2.jpeg

we're chasing good money after bad. it is irrelevant how much we have invested in him - it is only relevant what he is worth in the market.

Sunk cost? He didn't even play terrible today. He's honestly had one bad game this season. Other than that he's been more than solid. You judge it that that way nobody on this team has had a great game every game, especially our franchise player in fox. I'm not saying he's the chosen one, but what I am saying is anyone chosen 2nd pick deserves the opportunity to suck. Last year was gone. First year he played great but didn't get pt this year feels like his rookie year. Just saying let's see what this kid has for 30 min a game. Because him being a bench player won't cut it for this team. He won't accept that role and neither will fans.
He had a ts of 42 % and was -7. He’s been bad all year. His true shooting percentage is currently extremely below average and he has negative winshares. He’s been absolutely awful thus far.

Half of Lydecia’s tweets are about the Kings needing to get the ball to her son more. There won’t be any trade requests because we’re probably the only team around the leaguel giving Holmes 30 minutes a night.
I looked briefly and saw 3 tweets tonight about hitting holmes or the big when he’s open under the basket, and letting the bigs get touches mixed with kings need to play team ball. I assume this was when cojo or buddy were pounding the ball around the 3 point line and not moving the ball. Ok, well she wasn’t wrong, we had like 3 assists or something in the second half. Ball wasn’t moving around and that 4th quarter was horrible to watch. But if you keep scrolling down to other games, you see her praise other kings players and call out her son when he messes up. Not a lot of throwing the coach under the bus or complaining when holmes is benched. Also, this is after he scored 22 going 10/13 the night before and one of the only 2 kings shooting over 50% from the field. Not asking why her son was benched shooting 1/9 getting D up by James harden

also wanted to add, I’m on the side of bagley actually getting more minutes in the 4th. He was decent tonight and could have helped rebound some of those bricks we kept throwing up. I have no idea why Glenn Robinson deserved 20 mins tonight. Some of those minutes should have gone to bagley.

Last edited:

Bagley II is Marvin's coach, trainer, and is essentially forming a brand around his family's basketball talent.

The Holmes family can be considered superfans. Papa Bagley is basically his manager.

It's almost equivalent to his agent demanding a trade.

Bagley II is Marvin's coach, trainer, and is essentially forming a brand around his family's basketball talent.

The Holmes family can be considered superfans. Papa Bagley is basically his manager.

If coach Bagley had any control over the situation, he wouldn't be tweeting out his frustrations. He'd be making phone calls to the decision makers.

He's just a vocal parent.

Half of Lydecia’s tweets are about the Kings needing to get the ball to her son more. There won’t be any trade requests because we’re probably the only team around the leaguel giving Holmes 30 minutes a night.
Come on dude, really? You know there's a giant difference from the mama Holmes basically being a super fan and Bagley Sr looking to take shots at the Kings every chance he gets. And a lot of what she tweets out is actually correct for what the Kings should be doing or they missed on the floor.

Listen I just want consistency. If Bagley is the future play him real starter minutes, not this 20 min crap it throws everything off. Let's see what this kid has for a full game. It can't hurt us, at least we will knkw what we have for certain. We not chasing a championship. Just like giles is rather know what we have instead of what could have been. We knkw what Holmes brings, Joseph beli. The only wild card on this team is Bagley. So let's see what we have. All I'm saying

W

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Come on dude, really? You know there's a giant difference from the mama Holmes basically being a super fan and Bagley Sr looking to take shots at the Kings every chance he gets. And a lot of what she tweets out is actually correct for what the Kings should be doing or they missed on the floor.
And Bagley Sr.’s aren’t?

I find this forums insistence on advocating playing the young kids except for the one young kid we should really be playing puzzling.

And Bagley Sr.’s aren’t?

I find this forums insistence on advocating playing the young kids except for the one young kid we should really be playing puzzling.
He's gotten a bigger leash than he's earned this season. So what is Bagley Sr complaining about? There's been some offensive moments, but the fact remains that he's been one of the least impactful players in the NBA this year with a 20+ minute/game role. Sorry if people can't handle that, but it's been the truth. Kings have been significantly better with him off the floor in just about any lineup iteration you want to name.

Don’t treat Marvin and his dad like they’re the same person.
I agree with you on this.

That said, as an adult employed by an NBA team, I also expect any player to keep their parents in check.

And before you tell me that’s not realistic — it certainly is. The player holds all the cards. They‘re the one’s making the giant paycheck and have ways to get their parents not to embarrass them or their team. Or publicly distance themselves from the behavior.

I’ll bet you anything if his parents were saying things to embarrass him in front of his homeboys — he’d find a way to put a stop to that.

Either MB3 has no backbone or he endorses the unprofessional behavior. Perhaps both.

We can certainly hold him accountable for that.

He's gotten a bigger leash than he's earned this season. So what is Bagley Sr complaining about? There's been some offensive moments, but the fact remains that he's been one of the least impactful players in the NBA this year with a 20+ minute/game role. Sorry if people can't handle that, but it's been the truth. Kings have been significantly better with him off the floor in just about any lineup iteration you want to name.
I can’t think of anybody he should be getting PT over in crunch time.

Not Fox. Not Haliburton. Not Holmes. Not Barnes. Not Buddy. Probably not Bjelica.

Holmes has clearly been the better big on both ends of the floor. And Barnes is our tweener that also has been more productive on both ends of the floor.

Who should he be playing over?

Before the NBA Draft, I was slightly hoping the Kings trade Bagley and Hield to the Warriors for the #2 pick. Had they done it, the Kings would have Wiseman which is a legit big protect the rim and can shoot consistently from downtown.

The problem with Bagley so far is his fire and low IQ. His impact on the team is pretty minimal so far...his defense particularly his help defense is terrible and I think it is the reason why Luke can't afford to play him because he's just not helping the team. Have you seen Bagley being impactful on defense? He got beat consistently on pick n roll and guys just fool him and drive to the bucket. How can you let Eric Gordon drive into your body (push you away and create space tons of space) and then drop into the bucket? I watch it and I was like wtf...you're freaking 6'9"? How's that possible.

Bagley has not been good. He’s nowhere close to putting it all together. But I’m waiting until game 20 before I start making pronouncements about who he is going to be.

Plus - I want him to have a long leash, I want Fox to jack up 3s, I want Buddy to try to handle the ball and I want the 2nd rounders to get a little run. Because I think player development and a lotto pick is the goal this year.

Since he's his coach the league should fine Bagley for violating the league rules for requesting a trade publically.