Old Trade Thread (no longer need to post all trades here)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Zyphen said:
Trade Peja and Shareef (take back one of Houston's bad contracts) and use Brad at PF. That way, we can still use Yao in the low post on some sets. He can alternate with Brad at the high post when he gets in foul trouble. A significant portion of his fouls are offensive. People use the flopping defense on him a lot.
Well, we'd be excitingly big...but also the slowest frontcourt in the history of the NBA. :p

Still, Id do it in a flash. If nothing else would be helluva interesting. ;)

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.6 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 3.9 apg in 37.3 minutes
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
16.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 34.6 minutes
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville
No games yet played in 2004/05
Incoming
Jermaine O'Neal
6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.8 minutes
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.6 minutes
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
8.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 27.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -6.6 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
Incoming
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville
Change in team outlook: +6.6 ppg, +4.5 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2687552.

We get a star in JO and a decent center(Scott Pollard) defensively back. Also get a good backup PG. I think it'd be hard for Indy to turn down. What do you guys think?

Bricklayer said:
Well, we'd be excitingly big...but also the slowest frontcourt in the history of the NBA. :p

Still, Id do it in a flash. If nothing else would be helluva interesting. ;)
Yeah, I didn't quite think that one through. But I see you caught it before I deleted it. Meh, it'll still win a decent amount of games. I guess I was too keyed on having a Webber/Vlade kind of combination.

BMiller52 said:
Outgoing
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville
Incoming
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
Incoming
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville

Successful Scenario
Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2687552.

We get a star in JO and a decent center(Scott Pollard) defensively back. Also get a good backup PG. I think it'd be hard for Indy to turn down. What do you guys think?
I wish.....

would anybody be in favor of trading peja and another player or 2 for ruben patterson and theo ratliff? theo could be the defensive minded big man that we need. move brad to PF. have rahim bring some offense off the bench. patterson isn't a great guy but he's pretty good and only has 1 year left. keep in mind bonzi wasn't thought of as a real good guy either but he's been great for us.

Bricklayer

lightsout said:
would anybody be in favor of trading peja and another player or 2 for ruben patterson and theo ratliff? theo could be the defensive minded big man that we need. move brad to PF. have rahim bring some offense off the bench. patterson isn't a great guy but he's pretty good and only has 1 year left. keep in mind bonzi wasn't thought of as a real good guy either but he's been great for us.
No again. Theo is 35, and also another non-rebounder.

If we trade Peja, we have to get a significant piece or pieces of our future.

lightsout said:
"Would anybody be in favor of...." Not anyone who has their senses about them. Sure, Bonzi may not have been a "good guy", but Ruben is a downright "bad person" which is far worse than Bonzi. Ruben is a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER for pleading "no contest" to forcing himself upon his nanny. Besides that, Theo is too oft injured and you think our offense is bad now, wait til he gets here.

KT, Hart and Martin for Voshon Lenard and Earl Watson and elson

the kings are in dire need of backcourt help... with nene lost for the year, denver needs front court help and a shooting guard prospect... kt gives them front court depth and martin will get more PT to develop... voshon lenard is a lights out 3 point shooter and earl watson would give the kings a more capable backup to bibby...elson is banger for the bench... this trade works out for both teams...

Bricklayer

kingsofnba said:
the kings are in dire need of backcourt help... with nene lost for the year, denver needs front court help and a shooting guard prospect... kt gives them front court depth and martin will get more PT to develop... voshon lenard is a lights out 3 point shooter and earl watson would give the kings a more capable backup to bibby...elson is banger for the bench... this trade works out for both teams...
That's just kind of pushing around spare parts from one place to another.

Bricklayer said:
That's just kind of pushing around spare parts from one place to another.
True, but petrie might not be ready to give up on his starting five just yet... especially if he makes a coaching change, he may want to give the starting 5 another shot...this helps the kings shake things up a bit and allows williamson and skinner to get some PT with KT gone... also lenard would give the kings the 3 point threat that has been missing off the bench...

Bricklayer said:
Uh..no.

Yao is if nothing else titanic, has a great post game, can block shots, and is a significant impediment to anybody wanting to post up inside.
In another thread you dismiss a trade for Theo Ratliff (wrongfully saying he's 35, he's not) because he's a non-rebounder (even though he's one of the best shot blockers in the league). Yao at 7'6" with only 8.5rpg (when a 6'4" guy like charles barkley can average 13+ and a 6'8" Lebron can average 8rpg) and 1.8bpg? Hardly a big time shot blocker. Plus, he can only play 30mpg before getting completely winded. Also, notoriously in foul trouble (maybe that'd be good for us). The only good sides of him are his relative youth and his passing ability. Though eh doesn't average much assists, he can pass and woudl fit great in that part of the princeton style.

We'd have to give up so much to get his overrated self, enough to get a real superstar (KG). It just would not be worth it.

If there's going to be a trade to Denver it should be something along the lines of Peja and KT to Denver for Nene, Earl Watson and Lenard.

Bricklayer

nbrans said:
If there's going to be a trade to Denver it should be something along the lines of Peja and KT to Denver for Nene, Earl Watson and Lenard.
That would be my thought as well -- if we're going to deal with Denver, offer them a cure to their current shooting and backup big man woes in exchange for the big prize (Nene) and one of their backup PGs to steady our bench. Something wiht a little impact on our future maybe.

Bricklayer said:
That would be my thought as well -- if we're going to deal with Denver, offer them a cure to their current shooting and backup big man woes in exchange for the big prize (Nene) and one of their backup PGs to steady our bench. Something wiht a little impact on our future maybe.
i'm still not sold on nene, and it would be hard to sell anybody considering his currently injured state. that said, i think this is an excellent traded scenario. there'd be so much damn mystery involved, cuz we won't see nene til next season. it'd be worth the risk, and the additions of watson and lenard would help bolster our bench a little. of all the trade scenarios we've talked about since the off season, this one seems rather likely, as far as trade scenarios go.

Last edited:
I was also extremely impressed by Watson's outside shooting in the preseason. That was always his Achilles heel and he seems to have really worked on it.

And Padrino, congrats on 1,000 posts.

nbrans said:
I was also extremely impressed by Watson's outside shooting in the preseason. That was always his Achilles heel and he seems to have really worked on it.

And Padrino, congrats on 1,000 posts.
thanks. i just realized i hit 1000. damn...i'm a college student. i need to find something better to do after class. :eek: ;)

nbrans said:
Agreed. The Nuggets on the other hand would be a handful with a starting lineup of:
Miller
Anthony
Peja
Martin
Camby

BMiller52 said:
Outgoing
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville
Incoming
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jermaine O'Neal
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
Incoming
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville

Successful Scenario

Trade ID

hmmm....u think it would be hard for indy to turn down, eh?

ummmm...well just let me say...

with great ease....

No No No No No....

No friggen way ;)

Bricklayer

foretaz said:
how bout....

stephen jackson, anthony johnson, and david harrison

for peja and kevin martin
Nope.

The Granger idea worked, but have no interest in trading Peja for volume. We have volume.

Peja Trade

Ben Gordon is complaining about playing time in Chicago...if Kings trade Peja for Gordon, Gordon can be a player to build around and he can start at the SG and move Bonzi to the SF(his true pos.). Nothing is stopping Peja from going to Chicago as a free agent next season says an ESPN source, so why not trade him there and get something for him now?