Old Trade Thread (no longer need to post all trades here)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Reef/Corliss for Magloire/Gaines?

Us...

PG: Bibby/Hart
SG: Bonzi/Kevin/Gaines
SF: Peja/Cisco
PF: Miller/Thomas
C: Magloire/Skinner

Them...

PG: Ford/Williams
SG: Redd/???
SF: Simmons/Corliss
PF: SAR/Smith
C: Bogut/Gadzuric

SLAB said:

Us...

Them...

Deal

Earl Watson from the Nuggets, who is getting no playing time behind Andre Miller and Earl Boykins, could give us some offense as a backup point guard.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
Okay, but how do you propose we get him? Kidnapping is illegal in Colorado, too...
I would think Earl is imminently availbale for a decent offer, especially wiht Nene out and Martin hurting (Thomas?). But he's not a big impact guy.

Bricklayer said:
I would think Earl is imminently availbale for a decent offer, especially wiht Nene out and Martin hurting (Thomas?). But he's not a big impact guy.
Chicago is desperate for a backup center and a mid-range jump-shooter. Can we convince them to take KT and Skinner and send us Tim Thomas (expiring 14 mil contract)? Does the expiring contract help us (between Bonzi, Pedja and Thomas we would have 30 mil about to expire)? Max Deal for Big Ben anyone?

SLAB said:

Us...

Them...

Look at the bigger pitcure and you will see that this is actually a bad deal for us.

SLAB said:

Us...

Them...

Magloire is as slow as Miller no thanks we do not need another. I would rather have Gadzuric over him anyways but not at a the price of losing SAR. Actually a Kenny thomas/GAdzuric trade would be ideal.

Thomas and a 1st round pick for Dan gadzuric, who is currently playing behind magloire, bogut, and smith. Great rebounder and shotblocker, would do wonders in making up for our frontcourt's(miller) defensive liabilities

ZachDaddy said:
Thomas and a 1st round pick for Dan gadzuric, who is currently playing behind magloire, bogut, and smith. Great rebounder and shotblocker, would do wonders in making up for our frontcourt's(miller) defensive liabilities
I like Gadz. Not too sure about his contract, but I would have a hard time trading K9 straight up for him, let alone adding a pick.

Bricklayer

SacTownKid said:
I like Gadz. Not too sure about his contract, but I would have a hard time trading K9 straight up for him, let alone adding a pick.
Given the structure of our team I cannot even begin to imagine why.

Re:

Trade Peja and bench player for a rebounding SF and shooter.

Suggestions:
1. Peja/Corlis or KT for R. Jefferson/Kristic
2. Peja/Corlis or KT for P.Pierce/Dickau
3. Peja/Corlis or KT for Odom/Cook
4. Peja for Nocioni/Piatkowski/Deng

S

Smart_guy3

Kings / Bucks Trade

Outgoing:

Peja
Skinner
1st round pick

Incoming:

Jamaal Magloire
Bobby Simmons

Would you guys do this trade? I think it's good enough for me to take it.

Smart_guy3 said:
Outgoing:

Peja
Skinner
1st round pick

Incoming:

Jamaal Magloire
Bobby Simmons

Would you guys do this trade? I think it's good enough for me to take it.
In a second. Can't see why Milwaukee would though considering they just signed Simmons and just traded for Malgoire.

CaminoChaos said:
Trade Peja and bench player for a rebounding SF and shooter.

Suggestions:
1. Peja/Corlis or KT for R. Jefferson/Kristic
2. Peja/Corlis or KT for P.Pierce/Dickau
3. Peja/Corlis or KT for Odom/Cook
4. Peja for Nocioni/Piatkowski/Deng
I like this guy. :)

Not sure on getting both Deng and Nocioni for Peja though. I'd think one, in Deng, along with other piece(s).

Bricklayer said:
Given the structure of our team I cannot even begin to imagine why.
Well, Gadz isn't really an "Adelman" type of player. I am to the point where its great if we get him, but for 10 minutes of court time is it really worth it.

Sixers fan here; what are your thoughts on a Dalembert for Brad Miller swap?

The Kings would be getting a terrific potential in Daly who can board and block shots. The Sixers would be getting a veteran who already has chemistry with Webber. How did Miller and Webber get along in Sacramento?

Do you think the Kings would do it or are they not getting enough value for Miller who is obviously better than Dalembert right now? Maybe the Sixers would have to throw in a #1 pick?

Bricklayer

SacTownKid said:
Well, Gadz isn't really an "Adelman" type of player. I am to the point where its great if we get him, but for 10 minutes of court time is it really worth it.
That we can agree on. Not sure how much longer Rick is going to be here, but he really needs to look back and remember the Pollard years. This EVERYBODY has to be able to shoot/score thing has just taken it too far.

Bricklayer

thebostonstrangler said:
Sixers fan here; what are your thoughts on a Dalembert for Brad Miller swap?

The Kings would be getting a terrific potential in Daly who can board and block shots. The Sixers would be getting a veteran who already has chemistry with Webber. How did Miller and Webber get along in Sacramento?

Do you think the Kings would do it or are they not getting enough value for Miller who is obviously better than Dalembert right now? Maybe the Sixers would have to throw in a #1 pick?
Sold.

But from a Sixers standpoint, aren't you having enough defensive problems? You might give up 110pts a game. ;)

Bricklayer said:
Sold.

But from a Sixers standpoint, aren't you having enough defensive problems? You might give up 110pts a game. ;)
Yeah, if he watched any Kings games last year he would know he is committing an atrocity of monolithic proportions by putting the Webber/Miller tandem back together. They do NOT compliment eachother at all. Defensively weak in the exact same areas, and offensively potent in the exact same areas. Not what you want.

I guess Webber is p*ssed b/c Cheeks sat him when a game was on the line for "defensive" purposes. Imagine if he inherited Miller and Webber! What coud he possibly do then.

^At first I was thought, "agreed," Dalembert for Miller in a second. Then I remembered that the only games the Kings have won are the ones in which Brad Miller played well. He's become the point guard -- the Kings depend on him completely to run the offense, and when that's disrupted somehow Bibby has forgotten how to be a point guard. So yeah, Dalembert for Miller, but only if there's going to be a complete overhaul, because otherwise the offense is going to be even more of a disaster than it is now.

nbrans said:
^At first I was thought, "agreed," Dalembert for Miller in a second. Then I remembered that the only games the Kings have won are the ones in which Brad Miller played well. He's become the point guard -- the Kings depend on him completely to run the offense, and when that's disrupted somehow Bibby has forgotten how to be a point guard. So yeah, Dalembert for Miller, but only if there's going to be a complete overhaul, because otherwise the offense is going to be even more of a disaster than it is now.
Adelman did say that he knows every offense that has been run in the last 20 years, so if Petrie pulled the rug out from under him, and Rick was still here, he could probably adapt. He just figures his system works and these guys can run it.

Well with Iverson,Webber and Korver in our starting lineup we won't ever win games with our defense so our only chance is going to be to outscore teams like the Suns did last year. In our recent 6 game winning streak we were winning games 115-110 etc.,, and that was without Dalembert. The Sixers are scoring about 103 ppg I'm guessing that number would go up dramatically with Miller at the 5 spot. Our defense isn't good but what has really killed us is the rebounding and it looks like Miller is a pretty good rebounder.

Were Miller and Webber really that bad together last season? Wow, it sounds like they are a bad combo together.

Bricklayer

thebostonstrangler said:
Were Miller and Webber really that bad together last season?
No, no they weren't. Both guys had decent arguments for the All-Star game going and we could run our offense smoothly through either one if the other guy was out. We had just forgotten what "bad together" really means until this year. Defensively though? Yep. No hope there.

Here's the thing though -- last year we had one of the 5 best records in the league through the first half of the year with Miller/Webb/Peja/Christie/Bibby. If the Sixers traded for Miller they would run Miller/Webb/Korver/Iggy/Iverson, which bears a lot of similarity. NBA title bound? Sincerely doubt it. But in a sad division like the Atlantic this year, might very well be enough to take it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Webber and Miller played very well together. The problem wasn't them... so much as with their overall effectiveness.

Webber is one of the smartest players you'll ever see on the court, so even with his limited movement he can still be effective. But, he can't keep up with the quick spin moves of the younger, new breed of PF.

Miller is big, but he's not the tough guy you might think. He's easily pushed around at times. He let Kandi look good last night. :rolleyes:

Miller can board, but you never know when he's going to do it. Hopefully, Mo would be able to light a fire under him - either that, or he'd draw motivation from Webb.

The biggest problem about Brad, IMHO, is his pouty face and temperment. If he feels calls aren't going his way, he loses focus sometimes and ends up making stupid and sometimes costly mistakes.

VF21 said:
Miller is big, but he's not the tough guy you might think. He's easily pushed around at times. He let Kandi look good last night. :rolleyes:
Damn, that must be frustrating I didn't realize Miller was that soft.

You're are exactly right about Webber he is a really smart player especially his offensive court awareness. And he does get abused on the spin move by faster PF's. Duncan spun him around at couple of times the other night and Bosh was a nightmare matchup for him. Webber does bring it every night though and has been fun to watch this year since Cheeks has him more involved with the offense. He plays with a lot of passion and heart.

The problem with Dalembert he hides some of Webber's defensive shortcomings but he has no feel on offense. He doesn't know when to cut, can't knock down the midrange shot etc.,, so it is like we are wasting Webber's passing ability with Dalembert because his offense isn't even in the same hemisphere as Webber. You remember how well Webber and Vlade executed on offense? Webber can't do that with Dalembert because Dalembert's offensive bball IQ is way too low.

I was thinking with Miller that would be a huge upgrade at least on that end of the court. But like BrickLayer mentioned it might be enough to win the Atlantic but they still wouldn't be a title contender so it probably wouldn't make sense to mortgage the future by trading Dalembert.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

thebostonstrangler said:
But like BrickLayer mentioned it might be enough to win the Atlantic but they still wouldn't be a title contender so it probably wouldn't make sense to mortgage the future by trading Dalembert.
Oh no! Don't let me talk you out of it! :p

In fact please start lobbying Sixers management -- after all, A.I. and Webb only have so many years left right? ;)