OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Corliss and 2nd rd pick for Eric Williams and Aaron Williams

Squad907 said:
Posted this a while back, but didn't get any response. Per RealGM.com, looks like Toronto is trying to open up a roster position.

There has been no indication which of the current Raptors would be on Babcock's hit list but the list of players unlikely to contribute in this rebuilding season includes Lamond Murray and Aaron Williams and, perhaps, Eric Williams.There has been no indication which of the current Raptors would be on Babcock's hit list but the list of players unlikely to contribute in this rebuilding season includes Lamond Murray and Aaron Williams and, perhaps, Eric Williams.

May be worth a try. I like both William's work ethic and defensive toughness.
i don't think toronto would want KT's contract, they would probably prefer Skinner, but may settle for williamson and a second round pick... if the kings can swing a deal for Eric Williams and Aaron Williams for Corliss and a second round pick, i would be all for it... this way toronto clears a roster spot and gets a viable option at SF (and maybe some backup Center) and the kings get two tough, hardnosed defenders... Eric williams would give the kings the veteran swingman that GP covets...the kings would be pretty much set with a move like this, they would be at 14 players and i don't expect the maloofs to pay for 15 players...

PF SAR/ Thomas/ A. Williams
SF Peja/ E. Williams
C Miller/ Skinner/ Sampson
SF Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price

Salary Cap Move

if the kings are trying to get out from under the big contracts of KT and Corliss, the knicks may be takers... apperantly Tim Thomas and Coach Larry Brown have a bad history... Brown chased Tim Thomas out of Philly a few years back... now both Kenny thomas and Corliss has played for Larry brown and i believe both had good experiences with him as a coach... KT could start at PF for the knicks...

now if isaiha thomas wants to deal Tim Thomas for Kenny Thomas and Corliss, the kings would save a ton of cash in the process... Tim thomas is an ending contract at $13.3mil, off the books next year... Kenny Thomas (5yrs/$35mil) and Corliss (2yrs/$12.5mil) still have a ton of money owed them... with this trade the kings would save $34mil over the coarse of their contracts... and the knicks have no qualms with taking on big contracts....

the kings will then resign Songaila at backup PF and have huge salary cap flexibility to resign peja next summer... this move is designed to gain the salary cap flexibility that GP was talking about when the cwebb trade was first made...

PF SAR/ Songaila
SF Peja/ Tim Thomas
C Miller/ Skinner / Sampson
SG Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price

Like week ago there was a rumor that SA offered Dallas Rasho Nesterovich for TAW and Dallas turned the offer down. Does anybody hear any updates on Rasho since? TAW have 7.3 and 7.8 but only 50% first year and 25% second year are guarantied so it looks like get rid of Rasho(they think Oberto is gonna be very good player in the league) and save some money move. What do you think, will SA do Corliss for Rasho, will Petrie do this move and where Kenny could realisticly be traded for 1 or 2 year contract as no team with cap room apparently will be willing to take him? BTW then Darius should be kept so there are many variables.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
kingsofnba said:
if the kings are trying to get out from under the big contracts of KT and Corliss, the knicks may be takers... apperantly Tim Thomas and Coach Larry Brown have a bad history... Brown chased Tim Thomas out of Philly a few years back... now both Kenny thomas and Corliss has played for Larry brown and i believe both had good experiences with him as a coach... KT could start at PF for the knicks...

now if isaiha thomas wants to deal Tim Thomas for Kenny Thomas and Corliss, the kings would save a ton of cash in the process... Tim thomas is an ending contract at $13.3mil, off the books next year... Kenny Thomas (5yrs/$35mil) and Corliss (2yrs/$12.5mil) still have a ton of money owed them... with this trade the kings would save $34mil over the coarse of their contracts... and the knicks have no qualms with taking on big contracts....

the kings will then resign Songaila at backup PF and have huge salary cap flexibility to resign peja next summer... this move is designed to gain the salary cap flexibility that GP was talking about when the cwebb trade was first made...

PF SAR/ Songaila
SF Peja/ Tim Thomas
SG Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price
It's an interesting idea but I really think the Knicks could get better than Kenny Thomas and Corliss for that huge expiring contract.

I certainly wouldn't scream very loud if it happened, however...

kingsofnba said:
i don't think toronto would want KT's contract, they would probably prefer Skinner, but may settle for williamson and a second round pick... if the kings can swing a deal for Eric Williams and Aaron Williams for Corliss and a second round pick, i would be all for it... this way toronto clears a roster spot and gets a viable option at SF (and maybe some backup Center) and the kings get two tough, hardnosed defenders... Eric williams would give the kings the veteran swingman that GP covets...the kings would be pretty much set with a move like this, they would be at 14 players and i don't expect the maloofs to pay for 15 players...

SF Peja/ E. Williams
SF Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price
I would like that a lot.

Following up on that Toronto story:

"The chances of the Raptors making some sort of multi-player trade to ease a roster logjam are getting better every day. With Matt Bonner now officially back in the fold and the roster standing at 15 players with guaranteed contracts, general manager Rob Babcock said he's working hard to swing some sort of deal. It seems to be working, although nothing is set yet." Toronto Star

"Two weeks ago, I'd have said it was a 30 per cent chance; I'd say it's creeping up on 50-50 now that we'll do something," Babcock said in a telephone interview last night. Bonner's return — on a two-year contract worth about $4 million (all figures U.S.) — was made official by the team yesterday, giving Toronto the maximum allowed number of players under contract." Toronto Star

"And with Babcock insisting on adding a much-needed third point guard to the team, even someone on a minimum-salary contract, something is going to have to give. That's why the GM has been burning up the phone lines with his contemporaries these last few days." Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1124747413881&call_pageid=969907729483&col=970081562040

kingsofnba said:

PF SAR/ Songaila
SF Peja/ Tim Thomas
SG Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price

yea i said this like couple weeks back but every one ignored it finally someone see my view

kingsofnba said:

SF Peja/ E. Williams
SF Wells/ Martin/ Garcia
PG Bibby/ Hart/ Price
I kind of like it...

Then the Maloofs can also re-sign Mo Evans and stick him at backup SF behind Eric Williams. :D

Wait, if this happened...we would have E-Will and A-Will. lol....

Kings113 said:
If we ever did re-sign Mo, he'd be backing up Bonzi and Peja. Mostly Bonzi.
If I remember correctly, Mo did most of his work last year at the SF slot...

Okay, maybe not...on the Kings roster on NBA.com he is listed as only a G...

Darn me and my forgetting.

Anyways...

True, I guess. *has no better response*

If we end up losing Songila, what about a sign-and-trade for Curry's qualifying contract of 5.14 mil. He can fill a void at center, and in a contract year could really help up out. I know that he's not the defensive stopper we need and are looking for, but there is the P word on this guy.
Denver is still interested also, so if we go that way, we could get Najera who is defensive minded and has played all 3 front court positions along with Elson (as suggested in my post regarding Songila's contract.)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Squad907 said:
If we end up losing Songila, what about a sign-and-trade for Curry's qualifying contract of 5.14 mil. He can fill a void at center, and in a contract year could really help up out. I know that he's not the defensive stopper we need and are looking for, but there is the P word on this guy.
Denver is still interested also, so if we go that way, we could get Najera who is defensive minded and has played all 3 front court positions along with Elson (as suggested in my post regarding Songila's contract.)
Curry doesnt help us where we're weak, but if you can get him for an S & T for Darius, you just do it and don't ask questions. People treat the "P" word as if it means "poison". Quite the contrary -- the "P" word is how you get yourselves a great player cheap. Only dealing with finished products means you cannot afford the great players and are forced to bring in second tier guys who have already proven (another "P" word) that they will never be great.

Thing is, have no idea why Chicago would go for that -- they already have a qualifying offer out to Curry,a nd I beleive they can bring him back at that rate AND still sign Darius without the S&T. Curry's limitations and health make him far less appealing than his frontcourt mate Chandler, but he's still a huge guy with a postgame and I don't know why Chicago would just give him away.

I'd love to get Griffin from Bulls or Elson or Buckner from Nuggets. Though it's looking like Buckner will re-sign with Denver in the next few days. Reading on the Wizards and Kings realgm boards, Washington still has high interest in him.

I doubt we could get Curry for Songaila. I don't think we'd get Najera because of his contract.

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
The Kings still appear to be one roster spot too many if Petrie wants to have a max of 13 on the active roster. Sampson is the 13th player signed. Songaila (or Matt Barnes) would be #14. But with GP in a wait-and-see mode re Songaila maybe a 2 for 1 trade helps solve the dilemma. Songaila plus...... who I don't know for a journeyman big man then bring on Barnes at SF as he is a very good defender.

CruzDude said:
The Kings still appear to be one roster spot too many if Petrie wants to have a max of 13 on the active roster. Sampson is the 13th player signed. Songaila (or Matt Barnes) would be #14. But with GP in a wait-and-see mode re Songaila maybe a 2 for 1 trade helps solve the dilemma. Songaila plus...... who I don't know for a journeyman big man then bring on Barnes at SF as he is a very good defender.
Based on the article that we are budgeted at 13 with 12 contracts
I would guess that Price is not a guarenteed contract

Starters:Bibby,Peja, SAR,Miller,Bonzi
Bench:KT,Skinner,Corliss,Martin,Hart
Insur: Garcia,Sampson

With the NBA exp that Hart and Sampson have I would think they have the two guarenteed contracts that make 12.

13th player: Price,Darius S&T,Darius, Vet Min, Rookie Min (Training camp)

Peja for Marion

It was talked about in the past. It's not entirely impossible. Here's my logic.

Brad and SAR are a great fit for eachother. Brad's our outside big man that can hit the 18ft jump shot. SAR is our inside big man scoring from 4-8ft and hopefully dishing it out to the perimeter.

Unfortunately, Brad and SAR are not the fleetest of foot. Add Peja to the mix and you have a skilled, but lacking in defense and rebounding.

If we trade Peja for Shawn Marion we've got an athletic big at the SF position who can also make a spot up 3ptr. Marion doesn't require many shots in the offense so we'll be a little more balanced. We'd also have someone who can finish on the break, something we haven't had in a while.

Why does Phoenix do it? They need outside shooting, but I don't know if that's enough. That said, Peja would be DEADLY playing with a powerful inside player that's willing to pass to the perimeter. If he was in Miami he'd be shooting 65% from 3

Bricklayer

mr. moustache said:
It was talked about in the past. It's not entirely impossible. Here's my logic.

Brad and SAR are a great fit for eachother. Brad's our outside big man that can hit the 18ft jump shot. SAR is our inside big man scoring from 4-8ft and hopefully dishing it out to the perimeter.

Unfortunately, Brad and SAR are not the fleetest of foot. Add Peja to the mix and you have a skilled, but lacking in defense and rebounding.

If we trade Peja for Shawn Marion we've got an athletic big at the SF position who can also make a spot up 3ptr. Marion doesn't require many shots in the offense so we'll be a little more balanced. We'd also have someone who can finish on the break, something we haven't had in a while.

Why does Phoenix do it? They need outside shooting, but I don't know if that's enough. That said, Peja would be DEADLY playing with a powerful inside player that's willing to pass to the perimeter. If he was in Miami he'd be shooting 65% from 3
I think our window for pulling that one off probably passed last summer, but yes, I would still do it in a flash given our makeup. Would have to be Peja and somebody though to make the salaries match. One of the Philly three no doubt,

Things are: 1) very hard to imagine Phoenix liquidating a 3rd member of its 60
+ win starting lineup all in one summer; 2) we're sitting right in their division and are their main rival for the division crown.

O

ONEZERO

I need some new exciting news bad cause I'm going crazy with how quiet things have been lately. Please petrie, do something soon. PLEASE!

Entity

Hall of Famer
Since Chicago is interested in Songalia. Do you think they would want to do a sign and trade us sending a signed Songalia and Corlis Williamson for Antonio Davis. We would come up about 2 mill short i don't know if any trade exemptions are available or how much a future 2nd rounder would add in to the equation. This trade doesn't make us better but we do get a little more size inthe 4-5 slot and he comes off the books at the end of the season. Then we could sign Matt Barnes to back up Peja.

Bibby, Hart, Price
Bonzi, Martin, Garcia
Peja, Barnes, maybe Thomas
Shareef, Thomas, Davis
Miller, Skinner, Davis

Bricklayer

I have doubts they'd want to get rid of Davis right now with Curry such a question mark. Antonio is also roughly 418 years old, so I'm not sure he could really help us as much as we might like either at this point.

K

KingsChamps06

I wouldnt mind trading Kenny Thomas for Antonino Davis!! That would be awesome! The only thing about that is that he is 37...Dont know how much longer he will be around, and Kenny Thomas is WAYYY over paid...So the contracts couldnt match up..But that would be an interesting trade if it happened

Entity

Hall of Famer
No he wouldn't help us at all. But what are we really giving up for him. Corlis? Most of us want Barnes as the backup for Peja andway and would like to see KT get a few min in at the SF from time to time. The biggest thing is that Davis contract is for 1 more year and Corlis is for 3. So thats nice chunk comng off the books for next season along with Peja and Bonzi.