Official PDA live radio thread

And would you believe PDA near the end, when time was running out (and he knew it was) got into banter about great Sac mild winter weather, playing hoops on driveway with his little daughter at their east Sac home. Damn, CMDave should have shut that up immediately grilling him to stay on topic. I hated every second hearing this weasel made worse by lame KHTK performance.

This was worthless. The formatting of this made it fail. First off, PDA tweeted "no time limit" on Q&A. Yet, there's a one hour time slot carved out for this. I think two hour would have been more idea. I get the no commercials, etc...but that's why I don't think it should have been live. Do it off the air.

listened to the interview while getting ready this morning. goodness, i haven't heard a general manager so out of his depth since david kahn... who was himself a former lawyer before spectacularly failing in his position as the timberwolves gm. one can only hope that vivek ranadive will have as quick a trigger finger in firing pete d'allesandro as pete did in firing mike malone. in the meantime, i would expect the sac bee to eviscerate PDA's responses; voison and co. have finally amped up the criticism, and they shouldn't take their foot off the pedal. it'd be nice if grant turned the heat up, as well, though i suspect he's had his say, and will take a "wait and see" approach from here on out...

This was worthless. The formatting of this made it fail. First off, PDA tweeted "no time limit" on Q&A. Yet, there's a one hour time slot carved out for this. I think two hour would have been more idea. I get the no commercials, etc...but that's why I don't think it should have been live. Do it off the air.
I think we got enough to see his incompetence, it would have been two hours of the same non-anwsers.

I'm done with all of this unless he is fired or by some miracle something awesome happens. This guy has managed to rise to number one on my most hated list in the span of a few short weeks. He has ruined this season and if he sticks around much longer he will ruin the future. Cousins is as good as gone. And so am I as long as the weasel has the reins.

I thought the interview was good. PDA mostly emphasized that Malone was clearly not the long-term coaching soulation, so why string him along? He was not the long-term solution because defense was still not great and the offense was worse. They are really impressed with Ty C and his credentials and they want to give him a solid chance.

It is not the decision that I would have made, but I am willing and choosing to give Ty and the FO a solid chance.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I didn't hear the first fifteen minutes of the interview. Other than the snippet I posted above, the only thing that really struck me was the fact that summer league was obviously very important to PDA and Vivek. Corbin played the kind of ball they liked in summer league and they were very disappointed when they didn't see that ball being played in the regular season under Malone. What the heck offense did they run in summer league? It wasn't something I was paying attention to. The summer league strategy seems to be their model for where they want this team to go.

I too have more questions than answers after listening diligently for the full hour...

1) If you are all about winning this season, what the **** happened? You are not winning now! The team is struggling to compete against very weak competition, and is getting embarrassed nightly. If your goal is to win now and in the future, start winning now. You "f"ed up!

2) Why is the PR so poor, with lack of press conferences to announce major moves, i.e. firing coach, extending interim coach for the season, etc. Tell the press and fans what you are doing. I don't buy that the players knew what you were doing, what the plan was, and what moves were being made given their immediate change in play, body language, and direct quotations following the games.

3) What is God's name makes you think that you can win long term with Tyrone Corbin as coach? He finished the season 8 and 20 following Jerry Sloan's retirement. While he did go to the playoffs in a lock-out shortened season, what makes you believe in him over other candidates (Like the guy you highly respect as a basketball mind...GEORGE KARL)? Immediate returns would fly in the face of the notion of his ability to win with improved pace and early offense...

4) If the bench is the problem, why mess with the starting line-up? What analytics are we missing as fans when the initial starting line-up is one of the best in the league, but playing much fewer minutes together. WHY? If your bench is crap, don't play them as much!

5) You state that conditioning was a factor in the lack of 4th quarter execution. Why is this a coach problem and not a training staff issue? Basic conditioning is not as much a factor of practice as exercise, nutrition, rest, and activity. Why haven't you shaken up the training staff for these failings?

6) Where is Chris Granger in regards to the past three weeks? Where is Vivek Ranadive? If the President of the Company, and the Owner of the company both have say in the company, why are they mute during this company PR crisis?

7) Pete - How can you still believe the Kings can make the playoffs this season given the poor moves you have made thus far? You speak of expecting more from this community, to think like we are one of 30 teams, and why not us? IMHO, winning is earned, and what the heck are you doing to earn it? There are no shortcuts to success, and turning over personnel continually pushes the ability to win further into the future...

8) What has Pete D done to keep our confidence as ticket holders, viewers, and fan supporters? Why should we believe in this season? If you are trying to win, do it better or GTFO!

I thought the interview was good. PDA mostly emphasized that Malone was clearly not the long-term coaching soulation, so why string him along? He was not the long-term solution because defense was still not great and the offense was worse. They are really impressed with Ty C and his credentials and they want to give him a solid chance.
The 'Defense was not great' was a line by PDA and he was never called out on it.
Our starting 5 was a top 5 defensive unit when Cousins was healthy, and it was our bench which failed to play at that same sustained level.

To say that Malone didn't have his team playing great defense and then use that as a reason for firing him is completely manipulative because the 'fact' being used simply isn't true.

But if you want to just take PDA's word for it...go ahead.

And then he said that they were 'really impressed with Ty C's credentials and that he is a terrific coach', yet Ty C wasn't on PDA's radar until Malone brought him on board and PDA said himself that he had never even met Ty previously...so what on earth makes anyone think that Ty has a hope anywhere of maintaining the coaching job long term?

I thought the interview was good. PDA mostly emphasized that Malone was clearly not the long-term coaching soulation, so why string him along? He was not the long-term solution because defense was still not great and the offense was worse.
Defense was better than it had been in YEARS in Sac and the offense was enough to win games. They got rid of Malone when they did because they were fearful of him actually getting this team to contend. They did not want him to be THE guy because he did not want to RUN offensively even if he was winning. In their minds, firing him in December with a winning record as opposed to firing him in March with a winning record was easier to justify.

One thing Dave did was try to get straight answer on if or why George Karl was or was not being considered. What he got instead was merry-go-round that he knows Karl well from days in Denver and little more. Almost a worthless question with a worthless reply. Ty Corbin or bust apparently.

I think we got enough to see his incompetence, it would have been two hours of the same non-anwsers.

Well, two hours with a competent interviewer, who goes into the interview with a strategy. You can't let PDA ramble. There needed to be more control and direction over the interview. I understand what CD was trying to accomplish with gathering all the questions from different sites. But I think a better purpose would have been served if he controlled the interview (or Sam Amick as a guest interviewer) , asked the questions, and formulated questions based off the answers given by PDA. Cut the rambling to a minimum. I felt like PDA controlled the pace of the interview and that should never happen.

I didn't hear the first fifteen minutes of the interview. Other than the snippet I posted above, the only thing that really struck me was the fact that summer league was obviously very important to PDA and Vivek. Corbin played the kind of ball they liked in summer league and they were very disappointed when they didn't see that ball being played in the regular season under Malone. What the heck offense did they run in summer league? It wasn't something I was paying attention to. The summer league strategy seems to be their model for where they want this team to go.
The entire problem in the first place is that it was SUMMER LEAGUE.... AKA glorified pick up basketball. You are an idiot if you base your entire season's wishes on summer league with scrubs playing. That crap don't fly in the big league. PDA is a moron, an imbecile, and deserves to be hit in the head with a shovel. That man does not deserve an ounce of respect, lying through his teeth bastard. FU Gerbil.

If anybody listenend to the KNBR interview between Murphy and Jed York, that's the kind of interview I was hoping for. Not that i put any blame on Carmichael Dave, i dont think this was his fault. I just was hoping to see and hear PDA on his heels and clearly put in his place.

I honestly think PDA walked away feeling like he won

The entire problem in the first place is that it was SUMMER LEAGUE.... AKA glorified pick up basketball. You are an idiot if you base your entire season's wishes on summer league with scrubs playing. That poopoo don't fly in the big league. PDA is a moron, an imbecile, and deserves to be hit in the head with a shovel. That man does not deserve an ounce of respect, lying through his teeth bastard. FU Gerbil.
That Summer League trophy must've been their biggest data point heading into the year.

Well, two hours with a competent interviewer, who goes into the interview with a strategy. You can't let PDA ramble. There needed to be more control and direction over the interview. I understand what CD was trying to accomplish with gathering all the questions from different sites. But I think a better purpose would have been served if he controlled the interview (or Sam Amick as a guest interviewer) , asked the questions, and formulated questions based off the answers given by PDA. Cut the rambling to a minimum. I felt like PDA controlled the pace of the interview and that should never happen.
Pete being a lawyer knew he could weasel his way out of Dave's questions which he did. He would never agree to a two hour sit down with an independent interviewer like Sam Amick, He went with a safe choice in Dave who while being as tough as he can be, would never challenge him the way an unaffiliated interviewer would. Even if Dave tried he is still just a fan like us, without formal journalistic training.