OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, you're not thinking contractually. It's harder to move Chris Webber than it is Kenny Thomas, Williamson, etc. Petrie is taking a risk, but it makes sense, Webber has missed about half a dozen games with knee-related soreness this year, is 31, and has a contract that lasts several more years. The Kings probably weren't going to win the championship this year, and it's better to rebuild while the rest of your core (Peja, Bibby, Miller, etc.) is still in their primes.

Don't bash Petrie until the end of the summer. Just MO.

But you’re right about one thing; on its face, this trade looks downright awful. But if Petrie has proven anything, it’s that he’s a very prudent GM.

At least they could get Dalembert!
When I first saw "trade with philly", I thought "well at least we get dalembart" but NO. We don't even get ONE single starter in return. And if this is to clear open space, then who the hell is going to come here to play without Webber here?

Napear just talked to Webber.

Napear: "Webber said, 'I'm going to miss Sacramento, it was real good for me,'... he looked kinda sad."

PT Cruiser 9ROC said:
WAIT A MINUTE EVERYONE

Someone clear this up for me. How could Michael Bradley be traded? He was just packaged with Mobley right? He couldn't be packaged again. Someone clear it up. SOMEONE TELL ME THIS IS A SICK SICK JOKE.
it's ok if he part of a package. He (and Mobley) can't be traded in a one-on-one trade the rest of this year, but either of them can be part of package deals.

i don't know how to move on from THIS!

doug was hard, but IMO that was a good trade.. but this one???

i love chris! i will definitely follow him in philly..

::cries::

:(

SacTownKid said:
Wait lets think about this. Petrie has done nothing but do GOOD for this team. It sucks to lose Chris but I still trust Petrie. think about it, maybe this season ain't over!!!
What exactly are we supposed to do with those three? Thomas is a puny power forward. DAMN IT, why did i buy more game tickets

LPKingsFan said:
Good setup, I kinda forgot how we were talking about how DSong would be a better starter than bench player.

But it still sucks, and doesn't make things any easier or bettere IMO
Hey and remember, every time Darius has started hes gotten double double, plus now we have Rebounders, Skinner & Thomas, there goes our rebounding problems, We ALL know that miller will step it up and average over 20 points a game because we will be looking for him now, Right now everbody is still in shock and I am too Webber has been great for this team, now we will have the old Peja back and he will probably Re-Sign with us!

PixelPusher said:
it's ok if he part of a package. He (and Mobley) can't be traded in a one-on-one trade the rest of this year, but either of them can be part of package deals.
Most people thought it was the other way around... they can be traded one-on-one, not in a multi-player trade.

PixelPusher said:
I thought it was the other way around. He couldn't be packaged again, but could be moved alone.

uolj said:
Napear just talked to Webber.

Napear: "Webber said, 'I'm going to miss Sacramento, it was real good for me,'... he looked kinda sad."
NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

webb, please FAIL your physical! please!!!!!!!!!

i don't want you to leave :(

OptimusRhyme said:
Hey everybody calm down, Trust Petrie he does whats best for the team, there still might be trades with these players, and if we don't get another trade, look how deep our team is now...

C-Brad Miller/Skinner/Otag (Miller will now be averaging 20 points a game)
PF-Songaila/Thomas/Daniels
SF-Peja/Williamson
SG-Mobley/Evans/Martin
PG-Bibby/Bobby/House
I think Brad will move to PF and OTag will get the start at C.

Napear says, "I don't think it was a problem personally (between Peja and Webber), I think they just didn't get along on the court."

iheartBrad said:
i can't even think straight right now...im just rambling

im shaking like a freaking leaf...i can barely type

i mean Chris was our heart...how can we go on and continue to live without it

congratulations to the Sixers organization and to the fans you just got the deal of a effin century

I am shaking, I am DEVASTATED. I am FURIOUS & I am just shocked. I am just broken hearted!!!! I can't even talk, I can't even move, I keep hoping this is a nightmare!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH to all you cwebb fans!!!!
cmon, it was a smart move on the kings end. we get 3 smaller contracts where we can IF we wanted to... package peja to get a allstar caliber player back we can. we couldn't do it before because who would we move???? bibby? miller?
now we can package peja + 1 of the sixers we acquired for ... paul pierce? do-able. if we wanted a nice player in return for bobby we can do it now. bobby + 1 or 2 sixers players we acquired ... YES we can do it! :)
petrie is a genius. petrie is again looking into the future. who knows what if webb was really hurt bad and wasn't showing it? vlade messed up his back after all these vlade fans were soooo angry that we didn't re-up him to a contract.
don't let your emotions get the best of us, it's a business and our business is to win a championship.

my 2 pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.