OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrie:

"(The money) wasn't a predominant factor in this deal."

"(Webber) was incredibly professional in a very emotional situation."

"He was amazing." In typical quiet Petrie voice.

Billy King, GM of 76ers said " we didn't want to part with our young nucleus of players and we didn't half too"

pretty damn good trade for them, they took the heart and soul out of our team & gave us their leftovers.

ImaKingsFan said:
I am so upset. PETRIE you broke the cardinal rule of good business you let it get PERSONAL> You kept your buddy Peja over Webber. What a joke, Chris Webber deserved WAY better than this. He outplayed peja in the playoffs last year on ONE FREAKING LEG. He has been outplaying peja again this year. I guess peja cried to Petrie and the Maloofs enough times and now Webber is gone. I was always a peja fan, but I have lost a lot of respect for him, Petrie, the Maloofs,,the whole freaking kings organization. This is so sad.

Chris you deserved so much more than this. I will follow your career wherever you go. Thank you for the memories and that mega what smile. So, so sad.
my my.. your letting your emotions get the better of you. how do you peja won't be moved this summer? this might be a move to be able to make a trade involving peja.
chris webber = injury prone and playing like you said... on ONE freaking leg HAHA ok. his contract is enormous, for you to understand let me explain that means no caproom flexibility.
peja = younger, smaller contract, enormous trade value.

petrie knows when to cut his losses :)

You can hear the collective sigh of relief from the Sun, Spurs, Sonics,
Mavs, Rockets, et al.. the Western Conference Playoffs just got a whole lot easier for everyone. Ugh... Petrie cannot even rationalize this trade and make it in the least pallitable.

S

shacko

Bricklayer said:
Here's the kicker:

WE AREN'T EVEN SAVING ANY MONEY:

Webber -- 3 Years left.

Corliss -- 2 years left.
Skinner -- 3 years left.
Thomas -- 5 years left.
HHHhhhmmmm………… Are you suggesting that Petrie, in all his genius has not done what is in the best interest of the franchise………….???

Good riddance…………

Most people I know, and everyone here (in my house) is celebrating the end of the era…………..

The era of placating his ego and centering the Kings show on making him look good and allowing him to get his numbers @ the expense of the team and the W……

(Watching him play second fiddle to AI or anyone will be entertaining, if nothing else..LOL)

Has anyone checked on Adelman and see if he is still breathing???

Anyone heard a price on his place in Granite bay yet????

Whoa, I must admit, when I saw this on the FRONT page of ESPN with the title “Webber heading back East”, going to Philly was NOT what I was expecting. Then, when I read on, seeing that he was being traded to Philly, I was thinking, OMG! They just traded Chris Webber for Allen Iverson or something. But to see no mention of it, I grew concerned. The more I read, the more shocked I became… Webber, AND Barnes, AND Michael Bradley, for a washed up Scoreless Corliss, a mediocre Kenny T, and another mediocre Brian Skinner just struck me like a ton of bricks. This solves some defensive problems for Sacramento, no doubt. And it is good for Webber to get a change of scenery. I am sure Allen Iverson is VERY happy that his maturing efforts are being rewarded with some real talent to surround him for the first time in a while. But I would have thought that the Kings could have gotten SOMETHIG better than that trio for C-Webb. This seems, dare I say, like a Shaq light trade. C-Webb vs. Peja like Snack vs. Kobe (light). Building an eastern team up in exchange for nowhere NEAR the talent level. But Petrie has done some VERY good things in the past, and I think he wants to win now. Perhaps he was a bit tired with the lack of maturity of his two stars and just went out and did something about it NOW. I think that was a very prudent and businesslike thing to do. With time, I think we may all see that it is the right thing to do for all parties involved. It was just time to go. A good GM sees that something doesn’t work, and moves past his mistake quickly. I think the team lead by Webber had all the chances, but his durability obviously made it impossible to have a consistent chance of winning.

Don’t hold your heads low. The season is certainly NOT over. I see only positives here until proven otherwise. I think in the end, most of you will agree that this needed to happen, and it is for the best, even this year. Kenny is as consistent as they come. True he is undersized, but as I am sure you all know better than I (he was in the west LONG before he came to the Sixers) he is a rebounding machine, who can give an efficient 15 ppg. Skinner is no slouch either. The Kings needed depth now a lot more than star power, and that is just what we got.

All we can say is thank you Chris for the memories, we wish you good health and good luck.

VF21 said:
VF21 is in tears. I cannot believe that Geoff Petrie did this in the middle of the season. I cannot support it and at this moment in time I have to wonder what I'm going to do with all my free time. You don't rip the middle out of a team like this in the middle of the year. The fact he did it AND sent Matt along, and got garbage back is deplorable. It was hard to say goodbye to Vlade; it hurt like hell to see Doug leave. Those trades were at least justifiable in my mind.

This isn't.

IF, as people have said all along, Petrie did this to make Pedja happy, then I am really and truly going to have to reevaluate whether or not I can even continue to root for this team I've loved for 20 years.

We keep the guy who doesn't want to be here and get rid of the guy who said all along his heart was here, he wanted to bring a championship to Sacramento and the fans, etc.

It may be a business, but I don't have to continue to give them my business if I don't supporr their business decisions.
WHOA get ahold of yourself girl. It will be alright!!!

WildArkieBoy said:
I'm a Mavs fan. On the surface, this looks like one sorry trade. I guess we've got to consider Houston our main threat now for the 4th seed.

This would be like Dallas trading Nowitzki to the Knicks for three of their scrubs.

Damn, guys! You've got one helluva general manager!

WildArkieBoy
No Nowitzki is completely consistent, can run, and has good legs.

shacko said:
HHHhhhmmmm………… Are you suggesting that Petrie, in all his genius has not done what is in the best interest of the franchise………….???

Good riddance…………

Most people I know, and everyone here (in my house) is celebrating the end of the era…………..

The era of placating his ego and centering the Kings show on making him look good and allowing him to get his numbers @ the expense of the team and the W……

(Watching him play second fiddle to AI or anyone will be entertaining, if nothing else..LOL)

Has anyone checked on Adelman and see if he is still breathing???

Anyone heard a price on his place in Granite bay yet????

You dont deserve a place to post on this board. That you come here and trash C Webb at a time like this is inexcusable.. Shame on YOU

SacTownKid said:
Even without Chris this team should be a playoff team. Mike is an All-Star, so is Brad, Peja will get back to that position. WE AIN'T DONE YET!!!!
My vision is red with fury, but dude...it doesn't matter if we make it into the playoffs. We're done.

DocHolliday said:
You don't trade coaches. We already resigned Adelman for one more year and the rest of the staff.
Well we might as well get rid of Rick Aldeman and Pete Carril because the princeton offesne isn't going to work all that well now. What we have Brad now and thats it!

THATS BLEEPING IT!

Petrie:

"I have a lot of confidence in our remaining nucleus."

"We still have a lot of firepower. I think we're going to be fine offensively."

"I think we'll be ok, how ok? I don't know."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DocHolliday said:
No Nowitzki is completely consistent, can run, and has good legs.
Nice. I suppose it would be too much to ask for people to show a little respect and consideration?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
uolj said:
Petrie:

"I have a lot of confidence in our remaining nucleus."

"We still have a lot of firepower. I think we're going to be fine offensively."

"I think we'll be ok, how ok? I don't know."
We've still got a lot of firepower. Well, okay - but who's going to get them the bleeping ball???????

Yeah, what he's saying is he junked the team to get Pedja happy. What a crock.

ReinadelosReys said:
Well we might as well get rid of Rick Aldeman and Pete Carril because the princeton offesne isn't going to work all that well now. What we have Brad now and thats it!

THATS BLEEPING IT!
Just wait till summer, you may not be far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.