OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uolj said:
Napear says, "I don't think it was a problem personally (between Peja and Webber), I think they just didn't get along on the court."
so is he saying that we had to get rid of one or the other (looks like Chris) cuz they didn't get along on the court

oh i don't believe this

KMart23 said:
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH to all you cwebb fans!!!!
cmon, it was a smart move on the kings end. we get 3 smaller contracts where we can IF we wanted to... package peja to get a allstar caliber player back we can. we couldn't do it before because who would we move???? bibby? miller?
now we can package peja + 1 of the sixers we acquired for ... paul pierce? do-able. if we wanted a nice player in return for bobby we can do it now. bobby + 1 or 2 sixers players we acquired ... YES we can do it! :)
petrie is a genius. petrie is again looking into the future. who knows what if webb was really hurt bad and wasn't showing it? vlade messed up his back after all these vlade fans were soooo angry that we didn't re-up him to a contract.
don't let your emotions get the best of us, it's a business and our business is to win a championship.

my 2 pennies
Shut the F up, and wait till later to say that trash.

swisshh said:
When I first saw "trade with philly", I thought "well at least we get dalembart" but NO. We don't even get ONE single starter in return. And if this is to clear open space, then who the hell is going to come here to play without Webber here?
You're on crack if you think a players decision on where to play is based on Chris Webber being there or not. Not trying to be to mean, but sorry.

Shadowlude said:
Right after the night that webber played well and Barnes too...wtf???
exactly Barnes was only getting better! Horrible Horrible trade...Lets just hope somehow these players coming from Philly help this team WIN

'stage 2: denial' for me.
i just cant believe it isnt a salary dump...kenny thomas is an overpaid jobber.
webber has been my fav player in the league since he was drafted, and i was a golden state fan, then wizards fan and now sac fan. now the team is bigger than the player of course, and im a sac fan 4 life, but this is just a massive shock...

im willing to give it time to see how peja plays as 'the man' now, but im absolutely shattered and the jury is out.

T

t5chris

Webber was the WHOLE reason why I started being a fan of the Kings fan. This is a tragedy.

Barnes too?! He just had his first Double Double!!!!!!!

SacTownKid said:
I would at least think this was a 3 for 1 deal. C'mon maybe yes???
yeah at first I thought it was Webber for the 3 of them and then found out Barnes and Bradley were involved..What the hell!?!? Barnes was the Sac Town kid only gettin better...Not a good night

I am so upset. PETRIE you broke the cardinal rule of good business you let it get PERSONAL> You kept your buddy Peja over Webber. What a joke, Chris Webber deserved WAY better than this. He outplayed peja in the playoffs last year on ONE FREAKING LEG. He has been outplaying peja again this year. I guess peja cried to Petrie and the Maloofs enough times and now Webber is gone. I was always a peja fan, but I have lost a lot of respect for him, Petrie, the Maloofs,,the whole freaking kings organization. This is so sad.

Chris you deserved so much more than this. I will follow your career wherever you go. Thank you for the memories and that mega watt smile. So, so sad.

Lamar_Odom said:
Wow! We knew the Kings would rebuild sooner or later. I don't think anybody anticipated it would happen this soon. Is Adelman next to go?
You don't trade coaches. We already resigned Adelman for one more year and the rest of the staff.

Petrie quotes:

"I think the trade gives us some flexibility and versatility going forward... gives us some additional depth."

"It is certainly a change in direction for us at this point."

"I think going forward that it will be beneficial for us."

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Andriod_KiNg said:
I feel like hitting something.... this is worst than the playoff loses...
Well, we won't have to worry about a playoff loss. We probably won't be in the playoffs. Still time without Chris to fall right out of the playoff picture. You don't think Peja..."the man"...can get us there do ya. He can't even create his own damn shot.

Somebody get me a GD cigarette!!

I'm a Mavs fan. On the surface, this looks like one sorry trade. I guess we've got to consider Houston our main threat now for the 4th seed.

This would be like Dallas trading Nowitzki to the Knicks for three of their scrubs.

Damn, guys! You've got one helluva general manager!

WildArkieBoy

:( ..........I'm depressed.

I will have to admit that I was one of the people that wanted to have Webber traded IF we could get something good for him. This just hurts....

ImaKingsFan said:
I am so upset. PETRIE you broke the cardinal rule of good business you let it get PERSONAL>
I disagree. piksi's right - business decision. Heck, you might even see one of these guys shipped tommorrow - it's much easier to trade these contracts. Although, Philly's been trying to ship thomas for years and nothings happened till now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigWaxer said:
Were Is Vf I Need Some Cheering Up! She Always Helps Me Through The Tough Kings Times.
VF21 is in tears. I cannot believe that Geoff Petrie did this in the middle of the season. I cannot support it and at this moment in time I have to wonder what I'm going to do with all my free time. You don't rip the middle out of a team like this in the middle of the year. The fact he did it AND sent Matt along, and got garbage back is deplorable. It was hard to say goodbye to Vlade; it hurt like hell to see Doug leave. Those trades were at least justifiable in my mind.

This isn't.

IF, as people have said all along, Petrie did this to make Pedja happy, then I am really and truly going to have to reevaluate whether or not I can even continue to root for this team I've loved for 20 years.

We keep the guy who doesn't want to be here and get rid of the guy who said all along his heart was here, he wanted to bring a championship to Sacramento and the fans, etc.

It may be a business, but I don't have to continue to give them my business if I don't supporr their business decisions.

6th said:
Well, we won't have to worry about a playoff loss. We probably won't be in the playoffs. Still time without Chris to fall right out of the playoff picture. You don't think Peja..."the man"...can get us there do ya. He can't even create his own damn shot.

Somebody get me a GD cigarette!!
I couldnt agree more...even if we do SLIDE into the playoffs this year, we wont do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.