OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of 20 GD years, but this is the darkest day of this franchise since Ricky Berry committed suicide. This is the worst move in the history of this franchise...hands down. Geoff, if you have an alterior motive in this trade...PLEASE let it be known, because you just lost all my trust in you...all the great trades you made in building this team...I now digress now that you've made this trade. Webb...I will miss you like no other player that's every been on this team...you will be missed dearly, by me, and most Sacramentans. I've never worn another team's jersey before, but I will be buying a Webb Sixers jersey. Good luck in your continued quest for an MVP award this season, you deserve it. Thanks for all you've brought to this team, this city, and to us fans.

I can't STAND Shaquille O'Neal, but he hit it on the nose when he said a couple of years ago that if the Kings didn't keep Webber, they would go back to "Expansionism".

As sad as I am that Webber is leaving, there is definitely a legitimate point of view that says that this is a good trade. I'm curious to see where this team goes, now. I am still a Kings fan.

i can't even think straight right now...im just rambling

im shaking like a freaking leaf...i can barely type

i mean Chris was our heart...how can we go on and continue to live without it

congratulations to the Sixers organization and to the fans you just got the deal of a effin century

from espn.com sorry if it's a duplicate everyone is posting so fast
"The fact that Webber was on the block should come as no surprise to Kings fans. General manager Geoff Petrie had been shopping Webber for some time. The Kings have been concerned about team chemistry and how the offense often stagnates with Webber in the game."
Of course we're surprised!!! Are you kidding me?!?!

WTF??? absolutely horrible trade, omg Petrie what the hell were you thinking :eek: . GP Trades a great all around player for three SCRUBS with long contracts!!??? how does it help us?? how is Dalembert not in there, what a horrible trade, horrible, i'm speachless......

Okay looking over the stats, finishing my dinner. This is absolutely a horrible deal. Was Webber that bad in the locker room? I just don't get it, we get nobody back in return, unless and its a HUGE unless Petrie spotted some magic star in one of our new Kings. To me it seems like he cashed in the season.

I mean if he wanted to trade Webb so bad why didn't he unload him on the Knicks for the real Thomas a much better Thomas then what we got.

Also anyone hear Tony Parkers comments? "Now we don't have to worry about them anymore"

Last edited:
i guess this means peja's not going anywhere. ever.

AI has to be jumping for joy, he has someone now.

man, you could have at least gotten dalembert, or korver......

If ever there was a time to allow free cussing....this is it. SORRY I SEE ANY @#$()*@#U$ GOOD TO COME OUT OF THIS. The contracts aren't any better than Webber's???? NONE OF THOSE PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN WEBBER. WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS. Oh my god......................oh god...............

Last Cup of Sorrow said:
ugh, bye season
say "bye" to a lot more than that. many across the basketball naiton would be surprised to find out how well-liked chris webber is as a player and a member of the community here in sacramento. we're losing the guy that this kings era was founded on. many, many kings fans are gonna be very upset. i imagine even the webber-haters will be scratching their heads at this one.

hell hath no fury like a kings fan scorned.

well, ladies and gentleman, i believe most of us would agree that kings fans are feeling mightily scorned at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.