OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryle said:
My god this sucks.......just shoot me now. Peja, you better get over your bruised uterus and get your wimp *** back on the court.

Thanks so much for that post. It was the only laugh I've had since I heard the news.

momof3

This is tough to swallow, he put Sactown on the map.

Geoff Petrie always makes good trades, and this isn't one of them.
By,the way how does clear cap room.
Their has to be some trade in the works tommorow.

It was a pleasure seeing Chris Webber play in a kings uniform. I wish him and the sixers the best of luck.

Its Bibbys team now.
Peja has no heart.

Entity said:
How did we gain in rebounding. Where did those 3 rank behind Chris in rebounding?
Because we get 3 decent rebounders for one. Remember, Chris and maybe Brad are the only two on the team who rebound on a consistant basis.

Yeah...the trade sucks...I don't know what Petrie is doing...I can't believe it either...but you know what????

GO KINGS!!!!

Either your a Kings fan, or you're not...through thick & thin.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bibby_10 said:
Please, please tell me Petrie has something else up his sleeve. Can these newly aquired players be traded again before the deadline?
No. Only as individuals, not together. And as individuals they have oh, roughly ZERO value. Mediocre players with long contracts. Truly did Petrie just get Petrie'd himself.

A

AriesMar27

our offense will be shot to hell unless peja steps up(haaaa.....) but our defense will be way better.... maybe our rebounding will pick up.... and maybe thomas or skinner will grab some serious boards..... we are so dead on thursday.....

What I am really sad about is that I didn't record the game last night :( Who would have thought that would be the last time we will watch Webber play as a King :(

Good luck Chris!

OptimusRhyme said:
I'm with ya Sloter no one here has relized anything yet.
This is only a "great trade" if the other shoe drops tomorrow or at the end of this season. The NBA is full of teams (Wizards, Warriors) that traded a star player for a couple of so-so's with the promise that it would be the first step in more moves to rebuild the team. Sometimes that "next step" never happens.

Bricklayer said:
There is one difference -- we have lost three of our best 4 passers now in the last 8 months. This is NOT the same Sacramento squad, and is going to have a hard time playing the same passing style of game.
Absolutely true ... however, the system the Kings played this year did not resemble those of the past. We weren't nearly as good offensively and not very good defensively either. With Vlade & DC gone, the system we've been so successful at in the past, did not work anymore. We acquired players which do not suit that system (*cough*Mobley*cough*) and with Webb gone, I don't even know what they'll do. All I can say is, although this trade was absolutely terrible, and even though I may have lost some faith in Petrie (DC->Mobley trade was crap IMHO, and this one was possibly one of the worst I have ever heard of) I still believe in Adelman.

We still have a really good core with Bibby, Brad and Peja ... and we will have Bobby coming back next year. It'll work out.

Crackerman said:
I have not seen a post from VF yet, is she not awake, I missed her posts, or she is in complete shock and cannot type?

go back and read this thread from the beginning.. she posted and she is heartbroken like a lot of us Kings fans..

Entity

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
No. Only as individuals, not together. And as individuals they have oh, roughly ZERO value. Mediocre players with long contracts. Truly did Petrie just get Petrie'd himself.
Thomas and Jackson for Lamar Odom

A

AriesMar27

Go Kings.... or are they the Princes, cause i doubt that anyone is worrying about the kings right now....

AriesMar27 said:
our offense will be shot to hell unless peja steps up(haaaa.....) but our defense will be way better.... maybe our rebounding will pick up.... and maybe thomas or skinner will grab some serious boards..... we are so dead on thursday.....
Well neither of the 3 players have good rebounding stats so I dont know how thats possible.

piksi

Hall of Famer
vj9999 said:
What I am really sad about is that I didn't record the game last night :( Who would have thought that would be the last time we will watch Webber play as a King :(

Good luck Chris!
And I thought it might be Pedja's last game but he did not show up so I did not tape it either.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
And what do we always hear ladies and gentlemen. D wins championships!!!
We didn't exactly get back All Defensive team members here. In fact only Skinner is a presence. The other guys are short and stuck to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.