OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Stop giving me that player fans kings fans **** ppl. Anytime the best player on your team gets traded its going to **** you up for a while emotionally.

All over they are talking about what a powerhouse Philly is going to be with AI and C-Webb. They are not saying anything about the craphouse the Kings have just become.

Entity said:
Stop giving me that player fans kings fans **** ppl. Anytime the best player on your team gets traded its going to **** you up for a while emotionally.
its gonna **** your TEAM up a bit as well, wouldnt you say?

G_M said:
I think that is the key.

Can someone tell me what the Kings record is against +.500 teams this year? It just was not there. I saw it watching the Hawks game. Again, not saying Webber should be blamed but his contract was an albatross.

P.S- Anyone watch the Kings prior to Webber's return last year? Maybe Petrie is a little smarter than we think!
We are not getting any short-term contracts in return. I doubt it will be easy to move Kenny Thomas so we will have a 6'7" PF who is a black hole on offense on our team for 5 years. I would much prefer seeing Webber instead. And we are not getting any young, promising players or draft picks.

So, where do we go from now? I mean we still have Bibby, Peja, Miller and Thomas who are all big contracts so don't expect any big free-agents signings. Also I doubt we will be in the lottery so we can not count on building (or filling our gaps) through draft. I think Kings are bound to mediocrity now.

OptimusRhyme said:
How many big men does it take, Brad Miller and Songaila both have proven they can pass the ball, he was our best passer because he got the ball everytime down the floor, I'm sure brad could average 6 assists a game too.
Brad, yes. We all love Darius and he can be effective at times, when he's not on the bench in foul trouble, but it takes more than one guy and more than an average-at best- passer in this system. If we still had DC, then maybe thing would be better becasue we have another distributor. But we don't, meaning Bibby is going to have to more of a PG now and the Kings that we all loved, the Vlade and Chirs passing-esqe Kings are gone.

This trade makes zero sense to me... You're not getting any contract space for the offseason or any foreseeable offseason since even without Webb's contract we're basically over the cap... You don't improve rebounding since Thomas averages 6 rebounds a game, Corliss plays the three and won't fit into our rotation once Peja is healthy, and Skinner averager 3 rebounds.

Given that Rick only uses an eight man rotation and in that rotation we alread have Bibby, Mobely, Miller, Peja, Evans, Songaila. That's six guys. This means that only two of the guys we traded for fit into the rotation and are expected to make up for Webb's productivity. Seeing that Corliss is about 6'5" and is more of a 3 than a 4 and seeing that this trade has made it very very clear who is the premadonna on this team I don't see Corliss getting many minutes. That leaves Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner? Thomas averages 11 points 6 boards in around 25 minutes a night. Skinner averages 2 points and 4 boards in less. Are these guys defensive stoppers at the four, the only way it makes sense is if they are amazing defenders because the numbers say they certainly don't help our rebounding or scoring.

Finally, everyone seems to think this trade will lead to another trade, but I don't see how. We landed three overpaid, undertalented guys who really don't fit into our system and whose long term contracts make them just as difficult to move as Chris was.... I would hate to think that GP's emotional attachment to Peja was involved in this decision, but I simply do not see any other justification for making the trade than placating Peja who clearly took issue with CWebb. While I am not necessarily a tremendous CWebb fan, making a trade to placate a player is simply a disaster waiting to happen... can anyone make this trade make more sense to me please? Am I misreading the situation???

ReinadelosReys said:
Brad, yes. We all love Darius and he can be effective at times, when he's not on the bench in foul trouble, but it takes more than one guy and more than an average-at best- passer in this system. If we still had DC, then maybe thing would be better becasue we have another distributor. But we don't, meaning Bibby is going to have to more of a PG now and the Kings that we all loved, the Vlade and Chirs passing-esqe Kings are gone.
Its not over man just watch, Brad can run the offence better then Webber I bet, and Songaila has learned from the best, plus I have watched Thomas and he is a good High Post passer too.

A

AriesMar27

so are we going to be a running team like phoenix now or what? how do we run our offense without webber? i know miller can do it but... i dont know... i'm sad... i need to buy a new kings jersey, again.... first jwill now cwebb....

Now that I have let this sink in, I am going to try and make a rational post. Firts, I love Webber and hate to see him go. With that being said, I believe we are still a championship team. Last year, when Peja was the man when CWebb was injured, we were the best team in the league (Record Wise). When Webb came back, we fell apart. If Peja can stay healthy, we will still be contenders. I think Peja (Who has not been having many 20+ points games this year) will begin to average in normal 24+ points a game. This will replace Chris's 21 points a game average. The three new guys should be able to give us at least 10+ points a game to replace Barnes scoring. Bradley never really played so we don't need to replace his scoring. If anything, this trade makes us much better defensivly and rebounding wise which is what we have all been complaining about all season. I think the next couple of games are a wash, because we will not have a full roster against Dalls and CWebb will be looking to vent some frustratrion on his former team on Saturday. (Which I hope he does) Not to mention, it will take our team a couple of days to get over this. After that, lets watch this team for a week or so before we start questioning GP or hoping he will have an untimely and painful death.

Heuge said:
......during an easy part of scheduel. When Webber was there, there was no BJax.
This is the Sacramento Kings, maybe not as we've known them before ... but they have been able to handle themselves very , very well without any single player. Doesn't matter if its Peja, Bibby, Webb, Brad, Vlade, Doug ... the ship kept sailing, and it will do so without Chris.

AriesMar27 said:
so are we going to be a running team like phoenix now or what? how do we run our offense without webber? i know miller can do it but... i dont know... i'm sad... i need to buy a new kings jersey, again.... first jwill now cwebb....
Forget it, we won't win more than 10 games in the remaining season.

jcox477 said:
I dido vj999 We are Kings Fans Not player fans
I'm a KINGS fan. I have no emotional attachment to Webber. This is a bad trade for the KINGS TEAM. Why does everyone assume it will be easy for Petrie to get rid of these three $5 million at the end of the season?

Stojakovic said:
This is the Sacramento Kings, maybe not as we've known them before ... but they have been able to handle themselves very , very well without any single player. Doesn't matter if its Peja, Bibby, Webb, Brad, Vlade, Doug ... the ship kept sailing, and it will do so without Chris.
I really do hope you are right. But I do have some doubts.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stojakovic said:
There is one difference -- we have lost three of our best 4 passers now in the last 8 months. This is NOT the same Sacramento squad, and is going to have a hard time playing the same passing style of game.

Bibby_10 said:
All over they are talking about what a powerhouse Philly is going to be with AI and C-Webb. They are not saying anything about the craphouse the Kings have just become.
Yeah they are, they're saying we put up the white flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.